+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey i am travelling to canada soon .. i heard their is a wait period of 3 months in ontario to get the medical activated .. can someone suggest me a insurer to take care of my medical expenses i might have during this time ... my wife is pregnant so i might need an insurance to cover any sudden medical costs .

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey i am travelling to canada soon .. i heard their is a wait period of 3 months in ontario to get the medical activated .. can someone suggest me a insurer to take care of my medical expenses i might have during this time ... my wife is pregnant so i might need an insurance to cover any sudden medical costs .
In this case, go and live in Alberta and have immediate provincial healthcare coverage. No need to get private insurance.

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
As per my knowledge, no insurance company covers delivery cost. Some companies cover up to certain weeks of pregnancy period with some pre-conditions. Unless you are Ontario nominated, you can land in other province such as Alberta which have immediate health coverage as suggested by @steaky .

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
As per my knowledge, no insurance company covers delivery cost. Some companies cover up to certain weeks of pregnancy period with some pre-conditions. Unless you are Ontario nominated, you can land in other province such as Alberta which have immediate health coverage as suggested by @steaky .
Do you have any idea what is needed to have heath insurance coverage in alberta??

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
Do you have any idea what is needed to have heath insurance coverage in alberta??
Basic requirements-
1. Canadian resident who resides permanently in Alberta.
2. Individual committed to spending 183 days in Alberta within a 12 month period.
3. Student with a 12 month study permit, who will be residing in Alberta for at least 12 months.
4. Canadian resident moving to Alberta for at least 12 months.

For more details you can go through their website-
http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/registration-requirements.html

Reactions: Wolverine17

Lolozim

Nov 8, 2017
Hie everyone. Newbie here.

I have two questions for which i need some assistance. Please forgive if similar questions have been addressed earlier in the thread.
-How does one get health cover in Toronto before the first three months lapse?
-Is it possible to land in another province and town, say Victoria, BC, when your COPR clearly states that your destination is Toronto? Will be traveling early Feb 2018.

Thanks for any help.

Reactions: Smile24x7

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
One last blunt doubt though :). I can start working on Day 1 with my SIN number and Signed COPR documents after landing correct(dont need to wait for PR card to start working)? I already accepted the job offer in Toronto and resigned one I already have. I know this is dumb but just wanted to confirm.

Last edited:

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hie everyone. Newbie here.

I have two questions for which i need some assistance. Please forgive if similar questions have been addressed earlier in the thread.
-How does one get health cover in Toronto before the first three months lapse?
-Is it possible to land in another province and town, say Victoria, BC, when your COPR clearly states that your destination is Toronto? Will be traveling early Feb 2018.

Thanks for any help.
- Private health insurence
- It will create complication and even imme authority may deny your entry as its specifically mentioned your POE is Ontario. .

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
One last blunt doubt though :). I can start working on Day 1 with my SIN number and Signed COPR documents after landing correct(dont need to wait for PR card to start working)? I already accepted the job offer in Toronto and resigned one I already have. I know this is dumb but just wanted to confirm.
Yes. You can. Your CORP is substitute for PR as long as you will have actual PR. SIN is mandatory for employment.

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Yes. You can. Your CORP is substitute for PR as long as you will have actual PR. SIN is mandatory for employment.
SIN is mandatory as in SIN Number is enough right. Not the card again.

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Hi guys, m trying to find out d diff ways to transfer funds to canada aftr landing, other than cash. I am planning to open canadian account and dn transfer funds thru internet banking, other option is getting forex card. Could any one of you pl help me with tried out method? I wll b staying in brampton.
Thanks

Lolozim

Nov 8, 2017
Thank you so much Keepitsafe. Does it mean that once i do the landing in Toronto, i can then move to a city of my choice, coz i like BC. In fact thats where i my job opportunities are plenty.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Thank you so much Keepitsafe. Does it mean that once i do the landing in Toronto, i can then move to a city of my choice, coz i like BC. In fact thats where i my job opportunities are plenty.
You can live anywhere in Canada if you are not a provincial nominee.

If you are a provincial nominee, say from Ontario, your port of entry can be Vancouver, as long as you have proof that you will continue the journey to Toronto (or anywhere in Ontario).

Last edited:

Romaan

Jan 22, 2015
Hi i want to know if my husband is landing in Canada for the first time, is it compulsory for me to be here in Canada when he arrives? Plzz reply