+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

FSWON

Nov 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
AOR Received.
19 Oct 2014
Med's Request
19 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015
Passport Req..
19 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
11 June 2016
Dear Experts:

Looking forward to your suggestion on SIN apply at Pearson. We hope to land in Toronto Pearson on Saturday 11 June at 6 PM local time.

(1) Will we be able to apply for SIN cards at the airport during that time??

(2) In case of our short landing in Ontario, Can I provide an address of relative who lives in another province Saskatchewan?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

FSWON

Nov 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
AOR Received.
19 Oct 2014
Med's Request
19 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015
Passport Req..
19 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
11 June 2016
ashishv said:
B4 form is not mandatory. You can skip it.
Dear Ashishv:

Can you please site where it says B4 form is not mandatory?

I am planning for a short landing and feeling perplexed in filling the B4 form. If it is not mandatory, immigration officers should not ask for it. But I heard many applicants saying that IOs want that B4 forms in two copies!!

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
FSWON said:
Dear Experts:

Looking forward to your suggestion on SIN apply at Pearson. We hope to land in Toronto Pearson on Saturday 11 June at 6 PM local time.

(1) Will we be able to apply for SIN cards at the airport during that time??

I hear that the SIN counter is right next to the new immigrants counter in Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ).

(2) In case of our short landing in Ontario, Can I provide an address of relative who lives in another province Saskatchewan?

I believe you can do this. Yes.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

LazyBoy7199

Sep 7, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (Changed to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br><b>Initial App:</b> 29-05-2014 <br><b>Rejected/Returned:</b> 15-10-2014 <br><b>Reapplied:</b> 05-11-2014
Nomination.....
<br><b>CC Charged:</b> 08-Jan-2015 <br><b>PER:</b> 30-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
<br><b>AOR:</b>24-Feb-2015 (WVO) <br><b> SLU: </b> 17-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
L:8.5 ; R:7.5 ; W:7.0 ; S:8.0
Med's Request
06-May-2015
Med's Done....
<br><b> Med Done: </b> 11-May-2015 <br><b>Re-Med: </b> 13-Aug-2015 <br><b>TLU: </b> 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
22-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Dec-2015
Hi Alok,

Thanks for taking the time for such detailed comment :) +1 to you!

The same grey area is confusing me as well. I called up the airline however they don't comment on the visa requirements. I even wrote to UK Embassy and they replied by giving me the same online URL which was shared by rajkamalmohanram in the previous posts.

Although the Immigrant visa is single entry however it also has a "Valid From" and "Valid Through" date, and the valid through date would not have crossed on my flight day. Hence I am hopeful they will let me board the flight from YYZ to DEL via UK.

Cheers,
LazyBoy

alok4best said:
Normally a transit Visa is not required through UK if you have a valid VISA for any of these countries:
US,Canada,Aus,NZ.

Coming for first time landing, we all satisfy this condition, since we have entry visa for Canada stamped on our passports.
However, if you remember, the immigration officer kind of invalidates our single entry Visa by striking it off with a pen.
Hence, for a return journey from Canada to India, I am not sure if this Visa is still considered valid.
A PR card is definitely accepted, but for a short landing and return, you would not have it.

I am more inclined to say that a transit Visa through UK is not required in this case well.
But I have my doubts as I am not totally sure about what will be the state of single entry Visa after it is struck off with a pen by immigration officer.

This situation can be considered very similar to this.
Let's say you were on work permit valid till 31st Dec 2016.
You board a flight in Toronto on 31st Dec evening.
But by the time you reach Heathrow, it is already afternoon on 1st Jan.
How is your Canadian work permit VISA treated then, for the purpose of deciding if you need Direct Air Side Transit Visa, valid or invalid?

This is the kind of grey area I am talking about.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
FSWON said:
Dear Ashishv:

Can you please site where it says B4 form is not mandatory?

I am planning for a short landing and feeling perplexed in filling the B4 form. If it is not mandatory, immigration officers should not ask for it. But I heard many applicants saying that IOs want that B4 forms in two copies!!

Thanks.
Alok has a point. The single entry visa would be crossed out by the IO when landing. So, is that visa still valid?

This is what is mentioned when I keyed in "India" as the country, "Transit" for purpose and "No" to the question "Will you cross UK border control".

You’ll need a visa to pass through the UK in transit (unless you’re exempt)

You should apply for a Direct Airside Transit visa if you arrive in the UK on a flight and leave again without passing through immigration control.
Exemptions

You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)
a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
you have a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002
a uniform format category D visa for entry into a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
an Irish biometric visa
a Schengen Approved Destination Scheme (ADS) group tourism visa where the holder is travelling to to the Schengen country that issued the visa
a flight ticket from the Schengen area, if you can prove that you entered the Schengen area in the previous 30 days on the basis of a valid Schengen ADS visa
a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)

All visas and residence permits must be valid.
Highlighted in red above are points that are of relevance here.

"a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)" - This can be any visa (including a PR visa). However, this will be crossed out so it is safe to assume that this will not be valid at time of entering UK.

"a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002" - This, obviously, refers to the PR card. However, COPR acts as proof of PR status (in Canada) till the PR card is delivered. The question is - will the officials in UK consider this as a valid proof of PR status in Canada (for the purpose of transit through UK)? The COPR is stapled to the PP from what I know.

However, you cannot travel to Canada back from India on a COPR alone. You need a PR card (and if you don't have one you'll need a one time travel document to re-enter Canada). Taking this into consideration, the UK officials might NOT consider a COPR as a valid document to transit.

Having said that, I have not heard of people applying for transit visas for travel from Canada to India. We need a first hand account to be sure.

Can someone who has traveled from Canada to India without a PR card comment on this?

LazyBoy7199

Sep 7, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (Changed to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br><b>Initial App:</b> 29-05-2014 <br><b>Rejected/Returned:</b> 15-10-2014 <br><b>Reapplied:</b> 05-11-2014
Nomination.....
<br><b>CC Charged:</b> 08-Jan-2015 <br><b>PER:</b> 30-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
<br><b>AOR:</b>24-Feb-2015 (WVO) <br><b> SLU: </b> 17-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
L:8.5 ; R:7.5 ; W:7.0 ; S:8.0
Med's Request
06-May-2015
Med's Done....
<br><b> Med Done: </b> 11-May-2015 <br><b>Re-Med: </b> 13-Aug-2015 <br><b>TLU: </b> 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
22-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Dec-2015
Thanks rajkamalmohanram! I second your thought.

Anyone who has first hand experience of travelling from Canada to India via UK (without a PR card) please help me out :)

Cheers,
LazyBoy

rajkamalmohanram said:
Alok has a point. The single entry visa would be crossed out by the IO when landing. So, is that visa still valid?

This is what is mentioned when I keyed in "India" as the country, "Transit" for purpose and "No" to the question "Will you cross UK border control".

Highlighted in red above are points that are of relevance here.

"a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)" - This can be any visa (including a PR visa). However, this will be crossed out so it is safe to assume that this will not be valid at time of entering UK.

"a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002" - This, obviously, refers to the PR card. However, COPR acts as proof of PR status (in Canada) till the PR card is delivered. The question is - will the officials in UK consider this as a valid proof of PR status in Canada (for the purpose of transit through UK)? The COPR is stapled to the PP from what I know.

However, you cannot travel to Canada back from India on a COPR alone. You need a PR card (and if you don't have one you'll need a one time travel document to re-enter Canada). Taking this into consideration, the UK officials might NOT consider a COPR as a valid document to transit.

Having said that, I have not heard of people applying for transit visas for travel from Canada to India. We need a first hand account to be sure.

Can someone who has traveled from Canada to India without a PR card comment on this?

Rickysidhu904

Mar 22, 2016
If anybody need CAD in cash as a proof of funds,please let me know...I am having and will provide you at the existing CAD rate...Further if you need CAD funds in Canada from India ....then also let me know..U can return in Rs

rickysidhu904@gmail.com

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Richard Htun said:
Dear Seniors,

At landing, can we show bank draft in USD for proof of fund ?
USD is acceptable for landing purposes. I showed my bank letter which mentioned only USD.

Regards

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
I'm filling out B4 form with GOODS ACCOMPANYING LIST and there are several options to tick:

Additional list of goods >> Form BSF186A, Mover's Inventory, Other | Goods to Follow >> Yes, No

What option should I tick, if the current list is my goods accompanying, but I am going to have goods to follow?

How do I mark (or differentiate between) my goods accompanying and goods to follow list? Do I put any heading?

What are we suppose to put at the end of the form "Signed at..." (at e.g. Toronto-Lester B. Pearson Airport?)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
HappyFlowerChild said:
I'm filling out B4 form with GOODS ACCOMPANYING LIST and there are several options to tick:

Additional list of goods >> Form BSF186A, Mover's Inventory, Other | Goods to Follow >> Yes, No

What option should I tick, if the current list is my goods accompanying, but I am going to have goods to follow?

How do I mark (or differentiate between) my goods accompanying and goods to follow list? Do I put any heading?

What are we suppose to put at the end of the form "Signed at..." (at e.g. Toronto-Lester B. Pearson Airport?)
I suppose you need to submit 2 B4 forms - One for "Goods Accompanying" and one for "Goods to follow".

Check these -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html;msg320047#msg320047

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/b4-and-b4a-forms-necessary-t102651.0.html;msg1416873#msg1416873

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Thank you rajkamalmohanram.

I've made a little effort and I've found this:

* Importer’s Name – Your name.
* Importer’s Address – Your current address in Canada.
* Country of Origin – The country the goods originated in.
* Country of Export – The country the goods sailed from.
* Description of goods – Please write “See attached list” and staple the completed Packaging List to the B4E form.
* Conveyances – This section to be completed by those shipping a vehicle, watercraft, aircraft or trailer.
* Additional list of goods – In most cases you will tick the box saying Movers Inventory.
* Goods to Follow – Yes, if you do have a second shipment to follow. No, if this is the only shipment you have coming into Canada.
* Classification – You will meet one of the four classifications listed on the B4 – complete the section that describes your status in Canada.
* Signed at – City or Town you are in.
* On – Date
* Signature – Please do not forget to sign the document.

I'm pasting it here to our common benefit. Source: http://www.putraventure.com/v2/canada-customs-form.html

rajkamalmohanram said:
I suppose you need to submit 2 B4 forms - One for "Goods Accompanying" and one for "Goods to follow".

Check these -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html;msg320047#msg320047

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/b4-and-b4a-forms-necessary-t102651.0.html;msg1416873#msg1416873

SZ84

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-OCT-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
17-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-Jan-2015
Med's Request
29-July-2015
Med's Done....
28-August-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-NOV-2015
LANDED..........
08-March-2016
Hi Everybody,
I wanted to update this wonderful & very helping group that i have done my landing at Calgary Airport on 08-March-2016.
mostly it was a smooth process. i flew in from Lahore-Doha-London Heathrow-Calgary on qatar airways + British Airways (i strongly recommend to avoid connecting through London airport as that airport is a total chaos. extremely over crowded and badly managed in terms of transit passengers handling).

we a family of three (two adults and one infant) arrived Calgary around 6pm and it almost 2 hours to complete the landing process.

At the Passport Control: I informed the officer that we are new immigrants, he checked our Disembarkation Card and passport + visa. then he will then directed us to "Newly Landed Immigrants' Counter".

At the Immigration Counter: The IO here checked our passports + COPR copies. he took one copy of COPR with picture from us.

He then asked for POF, which i showed him as i was carrying it in cash. the IO counted the POF in front of me and then gave me Money declaration form to complete. (very important: if you are carrying more then 10k CAD then you will have to complete this form and once you complete it then ask the IO to provide you a copy of this form. in my case i forgot to take the copy and ended up going back to airport to get it as the canadian banks will need this to open your bank account with more then 10K CAD cash.

Goods to follow: i gave two copies to IO he stamped on copy and gave it back.
Good Accompanying: the IO did not even look at it, when i asked him to sign it he simply said since this is the stuff i already have with me in person so there is no need to stamp it.

Services Canada Office: this office was closed so i visited on on the next day to get SIN cards for my family.

Medical Cards: i applied at a local registry and it came to my home address after about 10 days. (IMPORTANT: if you need to visit a doctor before you get the medical card then you can call up Alberta health service for you medical card number who will provide it to you on phone)

New Comers Center: very important place to visit as they help with all sort of things, accommodation arrangements, furniture for new home, temporary job placements and whatever you need. ( suggestion: go there early morning and try to schedule a appointment with an officer who can preferably speak you mother tongue as it helps a lot with your wife and children as they have lot of good information for them as well. here they will also schedule career counseling sessions for you.

khurramrizvi

Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
05 June 2015
Nomination.....
07 March 2015 (PER)
Med's Request
19 August 2015
Med's Done....
31 August 2015
Interview........
bye bye
Passport Req..
14 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22 September 2015
LANDED..........
Feb or March 2016
SZ84 said:
Hi Everybody,
I wanted to update this wonderful & very helping group that i have done my landing at Calgary Airport on 08-March-2016.
mostly it was a smooth process. i flew in from Lahore-Doha-London Heathrow-Calgary on qatar airways + British Airways (i strongly recommend to avoid connecting through London airport as that airport is a total chaos. extremely over crowded and badly managed in terms of transit passengers handling).

we a family of three (two adults and one infant) arrived Calgary around 6pm and it almost 2 hours to complete the landing process.

At the Passport Control: I informed the officer that we are new immigrants, he checked our Disembarkation Card and passport + visa. then he will then directed us to "Newly Landed Immigrants' Counter".

At the Immigration Counter: The IO here checked our passports + COPR copies. he took one copy of COPR with picture from us.

He then asked for POF, which i showed him as i was carrying it in cash. the IO counted the POF in front of me and then gave me Money declaration form to complete. (very important: if you are carrying more then 10k CAD then you will have to complete this form and once you complete it then ask the IO to provide you a copy of this form. in my case i forgot to take the copy and ended up going back to airport to get it as the canadian banks will need this to open your bank account with more then 10K CAD cash.

Goods to follow: i gave two copies to IO he stamped on copy and gave it back.
Good Accompanying: the IO did not even look at it, when i asked him to sign it he simply said since this is the stuff i already have with me in person so there is no need to stamp it.

Services Canada Office: this office was closed so i visited on on the next day to get SIN cards for my family.

Medical Cards: i applied at a local registry and it came to my home address after about 10 days. (IMPORTANT: if you need to visit a doctor before you get the medical card then you can call up Alberta health service for you medical card number who will provide it to you on phone)

New Comers Center: very important place to visit as they help with all sort of things, accommodation arrangements, furniture for new home, temporary job placements and whatever you need. ( suggestion: go there early morning and try to schedule a appointment with an officer who can preferably speak you mother tongue as it helps a lot with your wife and children as they have lot of good information for them as well. here they will also schedule career counseling sessions for you.
So you have made it, Congrats and wish you good luck. I have somewhat same experience so reminds me of my landing at calgary. Qatar rocks but BA very disappointing. I arrived on 2nd March 2016.