+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ruhi123 said:
HI Can you please guide me regarding situation. We did short landing in July 2013 and stayed for a month in Toronto, Ontario later moved back to Dubai. Now We have done the needful and going permanently Canada on July 19th 2015. But this time we are planning to land in Edmonton, Albertal and settle.

We are having PR cards, SIN card and Driving license from Ontario. Can you please guide what needs to be done if we need to got to Edmonton instead of Ontario. Do we need to reapply or transfer our PR cards, SIN cards and license or are these common every where. Really appreciate your guidance regarding the process. Thanks Ruhi
Your PR & SIN cards are permanent. You will need to exchange DLs:
https://www.servicealberta.ca/1671.cfm

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
kwyatt75 said:
Well, you already have COPR and can land at any time, so I'm not sure what the policy is. I know that in my PER email it states:

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

It refers to birth, not pregnancy, so it may not matter. I would definitely not keep it a secret. It seems like you may land before the birth so it might not matter. However, If I were in your situation, I would ask CIC.

As for landing are you crossing from the US to Canada or flying in from somewhere else?

Thanks,

I am in the US. So I will be driving to the nearest location

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
I received my COPR and PR today through mail.

The pregnancy test was done 3 days ago.

We will be driving from US to canada

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
Thsee sites might help:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/services/menu-eng.html

http://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports

snavneet

Dec 7, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-May-2014
Nomination.....
30-Sept-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-Nov-2014
Med's Done....
22-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-May-2015
tag4u said:
Navneet a big +1 for your detailed landing experience. Which flight and what terminal did your landing take place? I am planning to land in T3 via BA.

I will bring few food items with me from India, pickles, snack items, spices etc, Will there be any problem or manual checking of our check-in baggage? We are not carrying any gold except what we wear(rings, chains etc). Should that too be declared in Form B4?
Hi,

Sorry did not see your message till date...

a) I flew Egypt Air from Dubai (transit at Cairo) and landed on T1.
b) During immigration, the officer will ask you of the items that you have in your baggage. Basically they do not want any poultry / milk / seeds etc...you can tell them that you have spices for your consumption and a few snack items...
c) For jewellery, I need to ask you if you are making a short landing...pls give me ur email ID on navnsingh@gmail.com...I will send u a draft copy of the forms that I had filled up...for B4 as well as B4a...
d) Speak confidently, honestly...but speak only when asked to...dont volunteer information unless asked...the immigration officers have big queues to attend to...

Thanking You

Rgds

Navneet

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
kwyatt75 said:
Thsee sites might help:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/services/menu-eng.html

http://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports
Thank you very much

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
snavneet said:
Hi,

Sorry did not see your message till date...

a) I flew Egypt Air from Dubai (transit at Cairo) and landed on T1.
b) During immigration, the officer will ask you of the items that you have in your baggage. Basically they do not want any poultry / milk / seeds etc...you can tell them that you have spices for your consumption and a few snack items...
c) For jewellery, I need to ask you if you are making a short landing...pls give me ur email ID on navnsingh @ gmail.com...I will send u a draft copy of the forms that I had filled up...for B4 as well as B4a...
d) Speak confidently, honestly...but speak only when asked to...dont volunteer information unless asked...the immigration officers have big queues to attend to...

Thanking You

Rgds

Navneet
Dear Navneet,

Are we required to attach copies of jewellary receipts also with the B4 and B4A forms / Additional Excel Sheet you sent to me earlier? You have written approximate values in INR in the excel sheet, i just want to get clarified regarding the receipts, they ask about it or not or our estimation is enough? And also let me know this estimation is as per current GOLD Rate or as per date when you purchased this GOLD??...

I heard about pictures of jewellary too to be attached with excel sheet?

amit2canada

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
DELHI
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Med's Request
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Passport Req..
December 17th 2014....No more wait :)
VISA ISSUED...
December 12 2014 as written on Visa
LANDED..........
29-05-2015
Hello Friends

After waiting patiently for the entire visa process to complete, I had another wait in store for me.

I wanted to wait and explore onshore opportunities within my current company in India.
For this, I gave myself time till next year March and then plan the next move.

I was planning to land in Toronto in September this year with family and complete all the process like application for PR card etc.

But now it seems, my current organisation is gearing up to send me onshore as they have asked me to submit all the visa related information I have.
As of now I have been confirmed that it wont be a long term assignment and the client location will be in Montreal, Quebec.

Now from what I know, I cannot do my first landing in Quebec. Is this understanding correct?
I just want to confirm from this forum that should I do landing in Toronto first and apply PR card and SIN in Ontario state and then subsequently travel to client location in Montreal.
I need to provide this information in my organisation so that things can be planned accordingly.

Looking forward to suggestion/advie from this wonderful forum and forumites.

Cheers
Amit :)

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
amit2canada said:
Hello Friends

After waiting patiently for the entire visa process to complete, I had another wait in store for me.

I wanted to wait and explore onshore opportunities within my current company in India.
For this, I gave myself time till next year March and then plan the next move.

I was planning to land in Toronto in September this year with family and complete all the process like application for PR card etc.

But now it seems, my current organisation is gearing up to send me onshore as they have asked me to submit all the visa related information I have.
As of now I have been confirmed that it wont be a long term assignment and the client location will be in Montreal, Quebec.

Now from what I know, I cannot do my first landing in Quebec. Is this understanding correct?
I just want to confirm from this forum that should I do landing in Toronto first and apply PR card and SIN in Ontario state and then subsequently travel to client location in Montreal.
I need to provide this information in my organisation so that things can be planned accordingly.

Looking forward to suggestion/advie from this wonderful forum and forumites.

Cheers
Amit :)
It seems you have already been given your visa and COPR, correct? You cannot land in Quebec unless you applied under the QSW program. If you applied as a FSW then after you land in Toronto or anywhere else besides Quebec and are officially a PR, you can live and work anywhere in Canada. It is one of the rights as a PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

However, if you applied under another program other than FSW you could have other obligations: For example, as a Provincial Nominee then you would have an obligation to stay in that province.

Vijay_Kumar

Jul 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
02-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
I am Waiting
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
I will land in July along with my wife.
She will stay there and search for a job and I may/will return back to USA in 3-4 weeks after my initial stay.

1. While landing, I want to give my friends address for PR card, will they accept?
2. If they ask me how long will I stay, I will say till i get my PR card and I will collect it from my friends place and go back to USA but my wife will stay

Is that fine?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Vijay_Kumar said:
I will land in July along with my wife.
She will stay there and search for a job and I may/will return back to USA in 3-4 weeks after my initial stay.

1. While landing, I want to give my friends address for PR card, will they accept?
2. If they ask me how long will I stay, I will say till i get my PR card and I will collect it from my friends place and go back to USA but my wife will stay

Is that fine?
1.yes
2.yes

sharmag

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
File Transfer...
29-01-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Wavied off
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 (Submitted on 02-4-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015 (Collected Passport on 22-04-2015)
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Hi forumites,

I hope I am asking the correct question in this forum... Regarding DL for ontario

I have valid driving license in India and have experience over 10 years. So as per the rules in the web and info from fellow forumites, I will have to submit a "'Letter of Authentication' from the country's Roads & Transport Authority, explaining our D/License". Does anybody know about the format of this letter? I am not getting any info on the sample letter on the web.

Any body who has applied, please share the format and experience in obtaining the "letter of authentication from the RTA". Please help

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sharma

NizNoz

May 16, 2015
Hi,
I literally asked the driving authority in my home country to state, on an official letter-head, that I had over 10years experience, and what my driving record was. I didn't even consider there might be a 'format'. Just spell it out clearly. All the best.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
sharmag said:
Hi forumites,

I hope I am asking the correct question in this forum... Regarding DL for ontario

I have valid driving license in India and have experience over 10 years. So as per the rules in the web and info from fellow forumites, I will have to submit a "'Letter of Authentication' from the country's Roads & Transport Authority, explaining our D/License". Does anybody know about the format of this letter? I am not getting any info on the sample letter on the web.

Any body who has applied, please share the format and experience in obtaining the "letter of authentication from the RTA". Please help

Thanks in advance.

I have landed here last year from Pakistan and applied for the license last year. The first license is called the G1 and you can get it by passing a written test. I took a very small document from Pakistan issued by the the Police department (in Pakistan, driving license is issued by the police) stating that the license was authentic as per their records and also, they have mentioned that when the license was first issued (so that they can easily calculate your total experience). Anyhow, i went for the G1 test but forgot my Pakistani document. I have passed the test and even the license was issued and after that i realized that i forgot to update my Pakistani experience. One day, i took my Pakistani & Canadian licenses as well as the Pakistani letter of authentication and went to the "Service Ontario" (that's the department who issues the drivers license in the province of Ontario). I told them that i forgot to submit the letter of authentication when i appeared in the test. The lady at the desk took the letter and within 1-2 minutes, my experience was updated. It is this easy here. Just get a letter of authentication from the license issuing department of your city or province and that's all. Alternatively, the same can be done by the Indian Consulate in Toronto as well and that is also acceptable. Here, the public service departments are problem solvers not problem creators. The reason of narrating this long story was to that you can now, understand the whole story behind this. There is no specific format of that letter. All they need is that the letter should specify that the license is authentic as per records and if it mentions the first issuance date than bravo!!! Finally, try to must bring this document because by this authentication letter, you can directly appear in the G license test (and save yourself from G2 but only one attempt is allowed) but even if you remains unsuccessful in G, you will get the time exemption between G2 and G waiting time (which is 1 year like after passing G2, you have to wait 1 year by law to appear in the G license test).

df

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
fswevaluation said:
I received my COPR and PR today through mail.

The pregnancy test was done 3 days ago.

We will be driving from US to canada
if U already have copr, then dnt worry. As the person above states cic only requests that U inform of births. If ur wife became pregnant before medicals, then that wud be a different situation. If U land in September ur wife will be about 4 months, right. If I were u I wud nt inform cic of anything. If upon landing ,the agent asks then just tell them it happened after u got copr. Travel with ultrasound report or doctors certificate stating estimated due date.