+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

chaman

Jun 17, 2010
Hi Qorax,

I am new to the forum................

This is really a very very helpful details for us.

Thanks and ton for making us aware about it.

Regards
Chaman

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nars said:
On the Cross-Border Currency or Monetary Instruments Report and Personal Effects Accounting Document
- I need to fill the permanent address/Importer's address section on the forms but which address? The address from my home country or the address where I'm supposed to live in Canada.

Is a watch considered a jewelry? If yes, do i have to provide pictures even though I'm wearing it?

Thanks for the reply.
Cross-Border Currency or Monetary Instruments Report and Personal Effects Accounting Document:
U don't need to fill the Form E677 (http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf). The BSO@the POE will do the needful.

Watch@B4: Goods to Follow or Goods Accompanying List:
Unless it's Rolex or the like or a jewelry time-piece, u don't need to file it in the B4. Thus, no pics issue here. For more on the B4, read here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Wolfman567 said:
Hello qorax,

Apologies for bumping in with starnge questions... Did you find job in canada.. Just was curious to know what are you doing now days? Are you alone or with family? And how are you managing all the stuff?

Regards

Wolfy
Hi Wolfie,

I'm not into the Job Search. Am self-employed since long, running my own business in Dubai. We r commencing the same here in Toronto.

Yes, I'm with my family here. Self, spouse & 2 small kids. Things r going pretty smooth since landing on 12-5-2010. We r@Malton, Mississauga. Rented a nice & cozy House, Furnished* it, purchased a Car, taken my Canadian D/License, scouted the complete GTA (Greater Toronto Area) & it's suburbs till Lindsay in the North (2.5hrs drive) & Niagara in the South (1.5hrs).

*Furnishing & General Purchasing Advice:
Just for info to everyone regarding the subject. We did all our purchasing from the following... It was preAssisted/advised by friends & relatives.

-Furnitures & Drapery: 'The Bricks' & 'Lazy Boy'
-Home Electronics: 'Future Shop' & 'Best Buy'
-Car Purchase (used): 'Auction Select', Dixie Road, Mississauga.
-General Purchasing: 'Walmart' & 'Canadian Tire'
-F&B, Grocery etc.: 'Freshco' & 'Walmart'
-Carpets & Home Decor: 'The Bay' & Local Marts

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Qorax,

I had read somewhere on your threads that the PA needs to declare all goods to carry in the B4 forms even if its being subsequently brought by the spouse if coming in later to get the benefit of duty free policy. Is this so pl guide.

Also in case i land in canada an want to come back to india just in case... then what are the norms to keep the PR alive post first landing of myself and family n taking the PR card pl guide...
Hi Mav,

That's correct. For getting the goods inside later, by self or spouse or anyone, w/out duty, u'll need the B4 (GTF) stamped by the CBSA on your 1st Landing. Else, TROUBLE...

Maintaining the PR Status:
To keep your PR status valid, u can max stay out of Canada for 3yrs out of every 5yrs rolling period. That is to say, u r required to have Residential Ties in Canada for a min of 2yrs in a 5yr cycle, to continue the PR status. The PR cards r renewable every 5yrs.

Citizenship Rules:
For Citizenship, the rule is min 3yrs residence in last 4yrs to be eligible. That means, to take the Citizenship Test, u can stay out of Canada at max 3months every yr in a 4yr period. However, it's advisable to make a bit more than 3yrs, say 3.5yrs in the preceding 4yrs, to be on the safe side. That's what we r doing. We'll be out of Canada for 1-2 months max every yr, visiting Dubai to manage our business. In any case our Toronto venture will be a extension to that.

I hope I've answered all your queries.

All the best!
Qorax

Wolfman567

Oct 28, 2009
New-Delhi (India)
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you qoraxji,

I always read your answers and update, If by the grace of god i get through PR, I have my mind set what to do in canada (Which would be totaly unknown for me and my and my family) all becase of you and other seniors whom I read from time to time.

Thank you so much to you and all other seniors who are ready to help others.. Thank you so much again.

Regards

Wolfy

ash_1967

Jul 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1231 (1111)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2009
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done on 15/01/2009 and submitted with full docs to Visa Office on 12/03/2010
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
Med's Done....
26-06-2010 and Medical & Passports Sent on 28-06-2010 which Recd by CHC on 29-06-2010
Interview........
Waived by grace of God
Passport Req..
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on 22nd and issued on 22/07/2010 and Received on 24/07/2010 by grace of God
LANDED..........
Still not decided
Hi Qorax

I got medical request and have taken appointment for tomorrow? Can you please mind to clear some my queries as below:-

What about jobs opportunity in Canada for Accounting person (Book Keeper/Account Payble/Accounts Receiable/Accounts Clerk? and What are the rates of salary Cnd $/hour?

How much $ per month are sufficient to for 4 family members to live normal life?

After how days a person can purchased his own house?

What do you suggest a person who he is earning 50 to 60 thousand Rupees in India should go and settled in Canada?

Kindly help to resolve? I am very confused?

Thanks

Ash_1967

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Hi

Was wondering if anyone has experience with landing for 2nd time without PR card, will that pose a problem? I plan to land first then leave without the PR card (PR card will be send to an address in Canada but will only be mailed to me after i returned on the 2nd trip cause 2nd trip will be made in less than 3 weeks which PR card will not be sent on time for collection). What documents do i have to bring on the 2nd trip back? FYI: I am from a Visa exempted passport holder.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abe:

There's just One "Landing"... The 1st landing. Subsequent entries into Canada are pure Entry/Exit to the country.

ash:

It really depends on your lifestyle, so it difficult to answer how much $ per month are sufficient to for 4 family members to live normal life.

You can purchased your house almost immediately or before you actually resides here in Canada.

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do a search on this site this has been discussed before . I do not believe you will be allowed to reenter a second time without the PR card.

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
abelkwh said:
Hi

Was wondering if anyone has experience with landing for 2nd time without PR card, will that pose a problem? I plan to land first then leave without the PR card (PR card will be send to an address in Canada but will only be mailed to me after i returned on the 2nd trip cause 2nd trip will be made in less than 3 weeks which PR card will not be sent on time for collection). What documents do i have to bring on the 2nd trip back? FYI: I am from a Visa exempted passport holder.
I guess you would not need a travel document as that is for people who need visa to enter canada.
For you i feel you can simply enter canada .

However wait for expert opinions.........and do update everyone so that we dont pass on wrong information to any other person.

sushid0c

kikokit

Sep 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 26, 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov. 5, 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 11, 2010
Med's Request
March 16, 2010
Med's Done....
April 20, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 27, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2010
LANDED..........
july 12, 2010
hi quorax!

thank you for all the help.... anyway, i have a question about my upcoming landing.. i have a laptop which has a pirated windows on it, and almost all of the programs are not genuine.. will my laptop be inspected by the immigration officer? thanks..

kiko

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
qorax said:
Hi Mav,

That's correct. For getting the goods inside later, by self or spouse or anyone, w/out duty, u'll need the B4 (GTF) stamped by the CBSA on your 1st Landing. Else, TROUBLE...

Maintaining the PR Status:
To keep your PR status valid, u can max stay out of Canada for 3yrs out of every 5yrs rolling period. That is to say, u r required to have Residential Ties in Canada for a min of 2yrs in a 5yr cycle, to continue the PR status. The PR cards r renewable every 5yrs.

Citizenship Rules:
For Citizenship, the rule is min 3yrs residence in last 4yrs to be eligible. That means, to take the Citizenship Test, u can stay out of Canada at max 3months every yr in a 4yr period. However, it's advisable to make a bit more than 3yrs, say 3.5yrs in the preceding 4yrs, to be on the safe side. That's what we r doing. We'll be out of Canada for 1-2 months max every yr, visiting Dubai to manage our business. In any case our Toronto venture will be a extension to that.

I hope I've answered all your queries.

All the best!
Qorax
Hi QORAX,
What Business ur doing??

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kikokit said:
hi quorax!

thank you for all the help.... anyway, i have a question about my upcoming landing.. i have a laptop which has a pirated windows on it, and almost all of the programs are not genuine.. will my laptop be inspected by the immigration officer? thanks..

kiko
Though the laptops r generally not inspected for software, however why to take a chance?