Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-08-2015
Hansdza said:
I did call them to make an appointment, They said I needed to wait until I got my COPR.. so yeah, don't bother to call them now
You should tell them you'll get your Copr by the time you folks get back to me for the appointment (meaning 3 weeks).

So it takes over a month for CIC. Sigh.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ARN said:
You should tell them you'll get your Copr by the time you folks get back to me for the appointment (meaning 3 weeks).

So it takes over a month for CIC. Sigh.
I did... but those call center agents are nothing more but just a living machine.. They said, "you wait for the COPR and then you call us back.."... wtf..

sigh

ARN

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-08-2015
m4ri80 said:
I have an appointment on the 26th, when is yours scheduled?
Hey let us know how your appointment goes and what documents you took along.
Good luck!

ARN

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-08-2015
Any update folks?

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC last week asking for an appointment at the Calgary office, and today got a letter (through MyCiC online) scheduling it for the end of the month (march 31st).

Question: Did anyone had any chance rescheduling an appointment with CIC office in Canada ?

The time/date they scheduled is very inconvenient and will cause some issues at my work, but I'm afraid this reason may not be good enough for them to be willing to reschedule. It does says in the letter that if you do not want to attend in the office, you should go to the border.

any experiences rescheduling appointments ?

thanks

HudsonBanks

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
Bumping this up. Has anyone recently scheduled an appointment successfully? I'm considering this or having to drive to Coutts next weekend, would like to skip that long drive though...

HudsonBanks

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
HudsonBanks said:
Bumping this up. Has anyone recently scheduled an appointment successfully? I'm considering this or having to drive to Coutts next weekend, would like to skip that long drive though...
Quick update just incase someone intends to do landing at Calgary IRCC office in the future - I was able to call in to request an appointment at IRCC Calgary when I received my CoPR & visa 2 days ago, got a message in MyCIC account today confirming an appointment for next Thursday 26-May-16.

Got a response much faster than I anticipated saving me the stress of driving to Coutts for landing. Good luck to everyone who decides to use this option in the future!

superpositive

Oct 4, 2016
@hudsonbanks Sorry for bug you, but would you mind sharing how was the experience doing the procedure in Ircc Calgary office? I live in Calgary and am about to receive my copr and I am kinda lost...don't know if would be easier/better to do this in the office or through the border...it was that smooth? Should I worry? What did they request you at that point? I kindly appreciate your information

superpositive

Oct 4, 2016
@hudsonbanks Sorry for bug you, but would you mind sharing how was the experience doing the procedure in Ircc Calgary office? I live in Calgary and am about to receive my copr and I am kinda lost...don't know if would be easier/better to do this in the office or through the border...it was that smooth? Should I worry? What did they request you at that point? I kindly appreciate your information

HudsonBanks

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
superpositive said:
Hi there, it's actually much easier to get it done at the IRCC Calgary office. It was super smooth wasn't asked for proof of funds or any other documentation, just questions about original entry date to Canada and declaration of any properties I'll be bringing in. It's pretty relaxed, nothing to worry about.

Anntik

Jan 31, 2017
Hello,
I'm in Airdrie and finally got my passport from Ottawa with immigrant visa and Confirmation of PR. I'm going to land in the office in Calgary but the problem is - I can't to contact to IRCC to book an appointment. I call the number 1-888-242-2100 the second day in a row between 8am-4pm and there is just automated telephone service and no real person, and nothing about how to book an appointment. How easily did you contact them and is there any other way to book appointment?

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any recent update here?
I just got my PPR, will be submitting my passport tomorrow..hopefully get COPR next week.
I am planning to do my landing here in Calgary
Was anyone able to book an appointment on the phone? How long did it take before they got back to you about appointment date? etc.

pri27

Sep 20, 2016
Bumping up this topic.!

Did anyone recently book an appointment at the Calgary office?
How long was the waiting period? Can anyone please answer?

Thanks

di4cee

Jul 3, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2017
AOR Received.
April 3, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
ARN said:
You might want to call them ASAP for the appointment coz they take 3 weeks to give a date for it. Oh and please update here also.
Thanks for the info.