June 2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to land
Hello all,

I got the immigrant visa granted under CEC by Ontario, now I am in Australia and I am planning to land in British Columbia to complete the landing and go back to Australia for a while. Planning to land in canada after the Australia contracts ends (in another 6 -7 months).

so 1. Is that acceptable to land in BC and come back to Australia ? (Its closer than Ontario)

2. Also can i give my friends address in Ontario during landing for PR card? Any letter to be provided from my friend?

3. I was clarified earlier that i do not show any funds, as i applied under CEC. But still is there a chance that i will be asked to prove funds as i have no job in canada?

maple leafs

Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
victoryincanada said:
Hello all,

I got the immigrant visa granted under CEC by Ontario, now I am in Australia and I am planning to land in British Columbia to complete the landing and go back to Australia for a while. Planning to land in canada after the Australia contracts ends (in another 6 -7 months).

so 1. Is that acceptable to land in BC and come back to Australia ? (Its closer than Ontario)

2. Also can i give my friends address in Ontario during landing for PR card? Any letter to be provided from my friend?

3. I was clarified earlier that i do not show any funds, as i applied under CEC. But still is there a chance that i will be asked to prove funds as i have no job in canada?
1. Yes, you can land anywhere in Canada Border.
2. Yes, you can provide them different mailing address.
3. It depends. some people said officer asked them about asset while some of them did not even mention.

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
You have to stay in Canada - as far as I know - until you get your PR Card, which currently takes 4-6 weeks. Unless your friend will mail you the card to re-enter the country.

victoryincanada

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
14 feb 2014
IELTS Request
celpip submitted
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to land
maple leafs said:
1. Yes, you can land anywhere in Canada Border.
2. Yes, you can provide them different mailing address.
3. It depends. some people said officer asked them about asset while some of them did not even mention.
Thanks! Any problems if I leave before getting PR card? & any problems if I openly shtate that I have come only for landing and will be back later in 6 months?

victoryincanada

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
14 feb 2014
IELTS Request
celpip submitted
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to land
maxmoore said:
You have to stay in Canada - as far as I know - until you get your PR Card, which currently takes 4-6 weeks. Unless your friend will mail you the card to re-enter the country.
I will be staying in hotel, so it will be too much to stay for that long without job and also since I have to return to complete the pending stuffs in Australia. Yes, thinking of asking my friend to post PR card to me.