Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
Hello,

I'm thinking of landing from Ottawa on Monday. I'm planning to land from Prescott. If you landed from Ottawa, where did you land at?

Thanks!

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Hi,

I have landed in Prescott on Wednesday 26th at around 7PM. There is a well marked U turn there, but based on other posts in this forum I decided to go to the US side. After 10 months of waiting it does not make sense to save couple of minutes, but potentially run into troubles and additional delay.

There was absolutely no other traffic on the Canada or US side. I slowly drove over the bridge at maximum allowed speed of 40 km/h, got to the US side, told them that I there to land in Canada. Lady asked me if this is my car, then I was told to go inside and I needed to wait for about 10 minutes and they issued me the "Notice of Refusal of Admission/Parole into the United States" and officer assured me that this will not affect my status at future entries into USA. This is not clear to me, as I do not need any visa to entry into the USA, my passport is enough. But nobody asked me anything, they probably done that automatically.

So I drove back to the Canadian side, told the lady in the booth that am here to do the landing, she asked me if I am coming from the US and if am bringing any goods with me - she filled the yellow form about goods. Then told me to park my car and go inside. So I think it was wise to go to the US side, not to make an U -turn.

Inside finally the real landing procedure started. Again there were no other people, I was just me and about 6 - 7 officers. I gave the officer my passport, CoPR, and lady from the booth brought him the yellow form. Procedure took about 10 minutes, mostly officer typing on his computer, writing on the CoPR, asking me for driving license (because of home address). I think that he asked me just if data in CoPR is correct. Then I need to sign both copies of CoPR, write NO twice (NO I never been convicted ..., NO I do not have any dependents other than listed).

Finally officer removed my work permit from my passport, staple one copy CoPR inside instead, told me to change SIN and health card, that PR card should come in the mail, that I can remove then CoPR from passport but keep it for citizenship purpose.

And that was it. Beside passport, CoPR and my driving license I did not need to present anything else, not even the refusal from US side.

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
04-02-2014 Med's Received: 14-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
sistemc said:
Hi,

I have landed in Prescott on Wednesday 26th at around 7PM. There is a well marked U turn there, but based on other posts in this forum I decided to go to the US side. After 10 months of waiting it does not make sense to save couple of minutes, but potentially run into troubles and additional delay.

There was absolutely no other traffic on the Canada or US side. I slowly drove over the bridge at maximum allowed speed of 40 km/h, got to the US side, told them that I there to land in Canada. Lady asked me if this is my car, then I was told to go inside and I needed to wait for about 10 minutes and they issued me the "Notice of Refusal of Admission/Parole into the United States" and officer assured me that this will not affect my status at future entries into USA. This is not clear to me, as I do not need any visa to entry into the USA, my passport is enough. But nobody asked me anything, they probably done that automatically.

So I drove back to the Canadian side, told the lady in the booth that am here to do the landing, she asked me if I am coming from the US and if am bringing any goods with me - she filled the yellow form about goods. Then told me to park my car and go inside. So I think it was wise to go to the US side, not to make an U -turn.

Inside finally the real landing procedure started. Again there were no other people, I was just me and about 6 - 7 officers. I gave the officer my passport, CoPR, and lady from the booth brought him the yellow form. Procedure took about 10 minutes, mostly officer typing on his computer, writing on the CoPR, asking me for driving license (because of home address). I think that he asked me just if data in CoPR is correct. Then I need to sign both copies of CoPR, write NO twice (NO I never been convicted ..., NO I do not have any dependents other than listed).

Finally officer removed my work permit from my passport, staple one copy CoPR inside instead, told me to change SIN and health card, that PR card should come in the mail, that I can remove then CoPR from passport but keep it for citizenship purpose.

And that was it. Beside passport, CoPR and my driving license I did not need to present anything else, not even the refusal from US side.
Thanks a lot for all the information. I will go there on Monday once Canada Post delivers our passports and I will write about it here.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sistemc, First of all Congrats.

I read that officer asked whether it was your car. Did you rent or was it your own ? I'm sure we can rent and cross the border but not sure why that question poped.

Thanks

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
cecstatchk said:
Hi sistemc, First of all Congrats.

I read that officer asked whether it was your car. Did you rent or was it your own ? I'm sure we can rent and cross the border but not sure why that question poped.

Thanks
I do not know why this was her first question. I drove to the US border booth, gave my passport and said that I am here to do landing in Canada. "Is this your car" was the first question from her side. "Yes, it is" was my reply.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sistemc said:
I do not know why this was her first question. I drove to the US border booth, gave my passport and said that I am here to do landing in Canada. "Is this your car" was the first question from her side. "Yes, it is" was my reply.
I wonder why, but thanks.

sygogooma

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-27-2013
AOR Received.
08-20-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
02-14-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted
LANDED..........
03-10-2014
First of all, congrats on your CoPR!

I live in Ottawa and I have also landed at the Prescott bridge on March 10th. My boyfriend (a Canadian citizen) drove me to the bridge. As well as sistemc, I went to the US border. When the border agent asked me what's the purpose and the duration of stay in the US, I claimed that I have no interest to enter the US and I need to just make a U-turn to go back to Canada.

Same process as sistemc in the US border office. It was very empty but we still had to wait for about 20 minutes. Then I also got the yellow "refusal" letter from the US border agent and went back to the Canadian border.

When the Canadian border agent in the booth asked me how long have I stayed in the US, I told her "about half an hour?" hah. Then she asked us to park in front of the building and go inside. When the border agent inside the building asked me to provide my and my boyfriend's passports, he asked about our relationship and were there any goods to follow. He also asked me to provide a proof of address (e.g. paystub from work, bank statement, etc.) which I did not prepare but was able to retrieve online. And he accepted, phew.

After initialing a few parts on both copies of the CoPR, the agent took my BOWP away and stamped the copy version of my CoPR (not the original with a photo on) and stapled on my passport. Then he said, "Welcome to Canada".

Good luck on your landing tomorrow. It was a very satisfying moment and there was no hassle at all. Just be careful of the snow!

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
04-02-2014 Med's Received: 14-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
Finally I landed at Prescott today! It was as smooth as a butter. The US side as well as the Canadian side were empty. I drove to the US and told the officer right away that I'm landing. Although we had US visas and that white cards the lasts for 6 months (forgot its name), they still gave us a refusal letter. They said it doesn't affect our future travels and that the Canadian border will need it. I really didn't care much and got everything back and went back to Canada. In Canada I was asked for IDs and I told the lady that we're landing. She gave us a yellow paper and asked us to park and go inside.

No one was there except us. One of the officers called me and I gave him only what he asked for. I gave him the passports and the CoPRs. He started typing and asked me for my address. He didn't even ask for a proof of address but I gave him the driver license just in case. He then asked me for my phone number and to answer the No No questions and signed the CoPRs. There were two copies as you guys know. One with the photo (remember the photos you sent with the application?) to be sent to CIC, and one copy without a photo to stay in your passport until you receive the PR card.

I took our permits out of the passports before I went inside. I kept them with me and thankfully he didn't ask for them. I was never asked for anything at all.

The officer congratulated us and gave us our passport back (yeah, I forgot to tell you that the lady from the US border congratulated us too ::) ).

We left there and went back to Canada with smiley faces :D .

After being in Canada for 10 years, now I can officially call it "home". (although I never felt like a stranger)

EU_2010

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
landed Mar 2014
sistemc said:
Hi,

Just curious - had your work permit expired? I landed a week ago - my work permit was left in the passport and the CoPR I keep as a separate document, it wasn't stapled into the passport. The work permit did not even get a "invalid" stamp or anything.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
EU_2010 said:
Hi,

Just curious - had your work permit expired? I landed a week ago - my work permit was left in the passport and the CoPR I keep as a separate document, it wasn't stapled into the passport. The work permit did not even get a "invalid" stamp or anything.
That's weird, as work permits become invalid when you land as a permanent resident.

EU_2010

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
landed Mar 2014
iam_toby said:
That's weird, as work permits become invalid when you land as a permanent resident.
That was my understanding too... I am sure that if I entered Canada with it and the immigration officer entered the number into the system, it would show up as invalid but I had really anticipated them to remove it or put an "invalid" stamp on it or something.

Makes me almost want to travel to the US as I know the airlines always check the permit (the physical document) at check-in. I don't think they are able to verify online whether it's been cancelled meanwhile if the document does not indicate it. Just kidding. If I can avoid traveling out of Canada in the next 2 or 3 months until my PR card arrives, that is certainly my preference.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
EU_2010 said:
If I can avoid traveling out of Canada in the next 2 or 3 months until my PR card arrives, that is certainly my preference.
Second that :D That's what I would do. Or fly from the US, as another option. You can reenter Canada at a land border with the CoPR.