+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING FEE CUT TO $490

Mar 1, 2006
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060502/budget_main_060502/20060502?s_name=budget2006

For those who have already paid:

From http://www.fin.gc.ca/budget06/bp/bpc3ce.htm

"In addition, the Government will provide partial refunds to those who have already paid the $975 fee but have not been granted permanent resident status or have not yet arrived in Canada."

rocan1121

Apr 6, 2004
Landing Fee

I already receive my medical request as well as the ROLF request and its still CAD$975 to pay. If the $490 is effective immediately, should I pay the reduced one or pay 975 and just refund it?

faten

Jan 5, 2006
hello there:

If this refund news is correct since when it will be considered to be refunded Did they go for when did you pay or only for this coming year?

Please reply if you have any confident news and many thanks.

Sphexi

May 5, 2006
How would I go about getting this refund? My wife paid the fee a month or so ago, I'm about to go up in a week, we could definitely use the money.

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
If you have already paid the fee, you actually need to do nothing. Anyone 'landing' after March 3rd, will automatically be sent a refund cheque to their Canadian address. You don't need to APPLY for it.

simin

May 9, 2010
Hi,
I am permanent resident in canada and I landed on 2 Feb 2006. I paied $975 for may landing fee. when I found that it cut to $490, I sent letteres to different places many times for the difference($485),but I didn't recived any. Please let me know what I have to do.
Best regards
simin

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simin said:
Hi,
I am permanent resident in canada and I landed on 2 Feb 2006. I paied $975 for may landing fee. when I found that it cut to $490, I sent letteres to different places many times for the difference($485),but I didn't recived any. Please let me know what I have to do.
Best regards
simin
Hi,

You need to ask CIC for a refund form and mail back to them. You would need a Canadian address for the refund cheque. I got the form in the airport and got my refund within several months.

Hope this helps.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

steaky said:
Hi,

You need to ask CIC for a refund form and mail back to them. You would need a Canadian address for the refund cheque. I got the form in the airport and got my refund within several months.

Hope this helps.
The previous poster "landed" on the 2nd of February and the fee was not reduced until the evening of the 2nd, so s/he is probably not entitled to a refund.

simin

May 9, 2010
Hi,
Thanks for replay. I sent that form around 3 years ago, but I didn't recived any replay. last year I searched in the website but I coudn't find the form and so I asked of Vancouver Immigration local office, they didn't have it. I wrote letter and sent it, but unfortunatly I didn't get any respond.
Best regards
Simin