+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience

Shinygirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Hello all

Finally me and my husband landed today, the process was overall smooth, just took us a lot of time because many flights landed at the same time.

Anyways lets start ..... i am writing it because our landing is a proof of clarifications of many doubts.

My husband is the primary applicant, and his visa was in his cancelled passport and he had renewed his passport after getting the visa, so we were worried about how the landing would go, we mailed the CIC and asked them about how to go about it. Didnt get any reply from them for few days so asked on forum and Qorax has a post which says that it should be fine, still called the CBSA and asked them they said we should be fine to get both the passports, so we were all set till today.
Today we had to leave our home at 9:30 and get an email from CIC buffalo at 9:15 that since the old passport is cancelled, he should get a new page on his new passport with a fee applied to it...... so we were very tensed about what to do.... decided to go ahead with our plan of landing.
Had to declare funds at US customs cos we were carrying 10000$ n more, did that .... very smooth process.... took us 15 mins....he just asked where do u work n why didnt u apply for US pr :)
Landed at toronto..... very busy.... the lady at immigration saw my husband's passports and let him go.... no problem with at, then for landed immigrants immigration they did the formalities and didnt even ask us for the proof of funds.....
At customs the guy didnt ask us whether we have any goods to follow list or goods accompanying list..... we asked him so he asked us to go in a custom room, very crowded....they were even opening some people's bags..... we got scared but got a nice lady, who was very impressed by the way we had prepared our list.....thanks to Qorax..
She saw the jewelry in goods accompanied list and asked whether we have the pictures and we told her yes.... she was further impressed.... got us some receipt, stamped goods to followed list and we were good to go.

I would like to thank everyone who helped me, specially seniors, qorax....

mis

Mar 24, 2009
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2010 - CC Charged on 16 June 2010
Doc's Request.
17-06-2010
Nomination.....
17-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-06-2010
IELTS Request
05-08-2010 Band 7
File Transfer...
TO PARIS OFFICE 27-02-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
2 June 2014
LANDED..........
17 Aug 2014
congrats and thanks for the information.

letsgoabroad

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2009
Doc's Request.
April, 2010
Med's Request
11 February, 2011
Med's Done....
17 February, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
9 March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24 May, 2011
LANDED..........
29 of July
Shinygirl said:
Hello all

Finally me and my husband landed today, the process was overall smooth, just took us a lot of time because many flights landed at the same time.

Anyways lets start ..... i am writing it because our landing is a proof of clarifications of many doubts.

My husband is the primary applicant, and his visa was in his cancelled passport and he had renewed his passport after getting the visa, so we were worried about how the landing would go, we mailed the CIC and asked them about how to go about it. Didnt get any reply from them for few days so asked on forum and Qorax has a post which says that it should be fine, still called the CBSA and asked them they said we should be fine to get both the passports, so we were all set till today.
Today we had to leave our home at 9:30 and get an email from CIC buffalo at 9:15 that since the old passport is cancelled, he should get a new page on his new passport with a fee applied to it...... so we were very tensed about what to do.... decided to go ahead with our plan of landing.
Had to declare funds at US customs cos we were carrying 10000$ n more, did that .... very smooth process.... took us 15 mins....he just asked where do u work n why didnt u apply for US pr :)
Landed at toronto..... very busy.... the lady at immigration saw my husband's passports and let him go.... no problem with at, then for landed immigrants immigration they did the formalities and didnt even ask us for the proof of funds.....
At customs the guy didnt ask us whether we have any goods to follow list or goods accompanying list..... we asked him so he asked us to go in a custom room, very crowded....they were even opening some people's bags..... we got scared but got a nice lady, who was very impressed by the way we had prepared our list.....thanks to Qorax..
She saw the jewelry in goods accompanied list and asked whether we have the pictures and we told her yes.... she was further impressed.... got us some receipt, stamped goods to followed list and we were good to go.

Great. Can you plz explain about the picture? Does it mean they asked for your photo?

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
Congratulations Shinygirl :) and Thanks for sharing this unique landing experience.
All the Best for rest of ur settlement process and wishing u a successful life in Canada!

Regards
pearl2010

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Shiny girl on making your successful landing... Hope you really shines at your new destination. All the very best

hassanbukhari

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Shinygirl Could you please le me know how you propared the list for customs.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Shinygirl said:
Hello all

Thanks a lot Shinygirl for sharing your landing experience...

Can you please give us more information about 2 things:
1) The list you have prepared ? List of what !!
2) The pictures you were asked to show ??

If you could please direct us to Qorax page in this forum where he provided some information on this that would be really appreciated :)

Wish you the best in your new life in CANADA :)

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
I guess I got the answers to my questions:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

thanks Shinygirl:) :)

Shinygirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Thank you everyone for your best wishes

The pictures they asked were for the jewelry on my goods accompanying list, i think we need pictures for the jewelery we r getting or if here is any on goods to follow list.

I was also wearing jewelry, like small earrings, rings.....they didnt ask anything about them.

Eljo

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shinygirl said:
Hello all

congrats and best wishes

blackie

Apr 26, 2011
Congrats!

I am in the same position as you were (my daughter's passport was renewed after the VISA was issued). I am in NY. I mailed the NY consulate but no response even after several mails.

Don't know what to do. probably i will get her Visa placed in her new passport at NY Consulate.

By the way what is CBSA?

Shinygirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
CBSA - canadian border security agency.....

I think u shud be fine if u carry both of her passports, but get it changed if u have time.