+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience (via air) of COPR holders during covid

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi - Can any COPR holder (travelling from outside USA) please share their landing experience in Toronto airport - especially in the last month? Also any COPR holder planning to travel in January 2021?
If there are any existing threads on this topic, please share the link for the same.
Thanks in advance!

mpn0182

Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
18-10-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Hi - Can any COPR holder (travelling from outside USA) please share their landing experience in Toronto airport - especially in the last month? Also any COPR holder planning to travel in January 2021?
If there are any existing threads on this topic, please share the link for the same.
Thanks in advance!
Hello - I have a COPR and must land before end of February. Aren't there restrictions to travel now? I have written to IRCC the advise to proceed further.

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hello - I have a COPR and must land before end of February. Aren't there restrictions to travel now? I have written to IRCC the advise to proceed further.
When did you receive the copr. If it is on or before 18 March 2020 and is still valid, then you can travel to settle permanently.
When are you planning to travel?

mpn0182

Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
18-10-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
When did you receive the copr. If it is on or before 18 March 2020 and is still valid, then you can travel to settle permanently.
When are you planning to travel?
I received my COPR on 3rd week of Dec 2020. You must check the travel.gc.ca website now. They have modified it on 01/11 and it reads as “you may be allowed but decision is with Border officer at Port of Entry” and must travel to settle permanently. They just ask if we have a PR document and haven’t given the deadline date as March 18 2020.
what’s your COPR and your travel plans? Which province are you planning to move. I will be moving to BC and trying to connect here for friends so we can be supportive.

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I received my COPR on 3rd week of Dec 2020. You must check the travel.gc.ca website now. They have modified it on 01/11 and it reads as “you may be allowed but decision is with Border officer at Port of Entry” and must travel to settle permanently. They just ask if we have a PR document and haven’t given the deadline date as March 18 2020.
what’s your COPR and your travel plans? Which province are you planning to move. I will be moving to BC and trying to connect here for friends so we can be supportive.
I checked the website. Once you fill the answers to the questions, I could see the date still as 18 Mar 2020. See this link :
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/answers/foreign-non-us-approved-perm-res
What they have added is that the final decision will be with the border personnel. I guess you need to convince them that you are coming here for settling permanently, not some temporary arrangement. only to get your PR. I am planning to travel in Feb end. I received copr in 2nd week of March 2020.
When are you planing to travel? Did you try calling the IRCC to check?

mpn0182

Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
18-10-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
I checked the website. Once you fill the answers to the questions, I could see the date still as 18 Mar 2020. See this link :
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/answers/foreign-non-us-approved-perm-res
What they have added is that the final decision will be with the border personnel. I guess you need to convince them that you are coming here for settling permanently, not some temporary arrangement. only to get your PR. I am planning to travel in Feb end. I received copr in 2nd week of March 2020.
When are you planing to travel? Did you try calling the IRCC to check?
Yes I have written to IRCC giving a brief plan on settling there permanently. Haven’t received any reply yet. But I believe there are many before me who wants to make a move now and I will wait for my turn. I wish you all the best and hearty congratulations on your move to new destination. Keep me posted after you move.

britt_a

Nov 29, 2019
Hey guys, I think I'm in a similar boat.
I received my CoPR in December 2020 and am planning on flying from Australia to Calgary early March 2021.

I'd like to know what evidence you're providing to IRCC to show you're moving permanently? My partner is waiting in Alberta for me, should I bring evidence of our rental, my job search etc?

mpn0182

Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
18-10-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Hey guys, I think I'm in a similar boat.
I received my CoPR in December 2020 and am planning on flying from Australia to Calgary early March 2021.

I'd like to know what evidence you're providing to IRCC to show you're moving permanently? My partner is waiting in Alberta for me, should I bring evidence of our rental, my job search etc?
Hello- I believe we have to wait for IRCC to release more information on COPR received after March 18. Their website clearly says no travel. Please write your plan to IRCC. Congratulations on your COPR.

britt_a

Nov 29, 2019
Hello- I believe we have to wait for IRCC to release more information on COPR received after March 18. Their website clearly says no travel. Please write your plan to IRCC. Congratulations on your COPR.
Thanks for your reply but the site says that under my circumstances I can travel.

It states that if you have a vaild COPR that was issued after March 18th 2020 AND you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian you are allowed to enter.
My partner is my sponsor which is why I believe I am exempt.

You will find the link to this information here.

With this is mind, do you still suggest that I contact IRCC with evidence that I am moving permanently? I was under the belief that the fact I'm travelling out of Australia with a COPR to be with my partner would be enough proof that I'll be staying.

mpn0182

Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
18-10-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Thanks for your reply but the site says that under my circumstances I can travel.

It states that if you have a vaild COPR that was issued after March 18th 2020 AND you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian you are allowed to enter.
My partner is my sponsor which is why I believe I am exempt.

You will find the link to this information here.

With this is mind, do you still suggest that I contact IRCC with evidence that I am moving permanently? I was under the belief that the fact I'm travelling out of Australia with a COPR to be with my partner would be enough proof that I'll be staying.
Yes you could travel. I would also suggest to write to IRCC about your detail quarantine plan when moving permanently to Canada. And also keep a copy of the same to show the officer at the port of entry. May not be required but keeping a copy might come in handy. Thank you

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
I have a question guys. Me and my son are in Canada and we got our COPR saying "You are now a PR of Canada" and we mailed our photos to Vancouver Office to make our PR cards (not sure how long it will take). The other side, my husband is outside of Canada, got his COPR and entry VISA with an expire date in February. For him to cross border into Canada, he needs my copy of PR Card and our mariage certifacate. Problem is we don't know when we can get my PR Card on our hand to allow him to travel to Canada. Anyone in same boat? And any possibilities that my husband can travel to Canada holding my COPR copy instead of my PR CARD copy?

mpn0182

Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
18-10-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
I have a question guys. Me and my son are in Canada and we got our COPR saying "You are now a PR of Canada" and we mailed our photos to Vancouver Office to make our PR cards (not sure how long it will take). The other side, my husband is outside of Canada, got his COPR and entry VISA with an expire date in February. For him to cross border into Canada, he needs my copy of PR Card and our mariage certifacate. Problem is we don't know when we can get my PR Card on our hand to allow him to travel to Canada. Anyone in same boat? And any possibilities that my husband can travel to Canada holding my COPR copy instead of my PR CARD copy?
You are now a PR holder and any immediate family member with a valid COPR are allowed to travel now. If he has a copy of your marriage certificate and your COPR, it should be fine. Please call IRCC call number for any verification and suggestion. Wishing your husband all the best.

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi Guys. I’m a COPR & PRV holder post March 18th and extended family member. Received my Travel written authorization from IRCC. Am i good to go? On CA official website, they state I’m eligible to travel under extended family member exemption.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Hi Guys. I’m a COPR & PRV holder post March 18th and extended family member. Received my Travel written authorization from IRCC. Am i good to go? On CA official website, they state I’m eligible to travel under extended family member exemption.
Lol...you have your COPR/PRV and authorization letter...what else do you need?
Please proceed with your trip and safe travels

Reactions: Yassinesnit