+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience - Toronto YYZ July 2018

boldmove2018

Star Member
May 20, 2018
I just wanted to share my smooth landing experience. Find my timeline in the signature.

I live in the US and flew to Toronto on July 26. I meant to reach YYZ by 5pm because earlier posts seemed to suggest that I would not be able to get my SIN if I arrive outside of the normal 8-5. However, my flights got delayed and I didn't arrive at YYZ till 7pm ish.

Fortunately, these immigration folks are still there! Man they work hard! The instructions/signs are super clear and the immigration officer would know that you are landing so there shouldn't be any confusion. The lines are short and there are lots of windows processing landing or other immigration paperwork. It was very smooth and the folks who work there were very welcoming. After being frustrated with multiple delays with United (#neverUnited), the genuine and welcoming gestures help reset my spirit. I was asked a few basic questions and got my landing procedure along done (including getting a SIN) within half an hour. Before exiting the airport, I realized that I didn't fill out the imported goods form. The guy who works there nicely told me that as long as I do it within a year at YYZ, I should be fine. He gave me a paper form, also available online, and asked me to carefully list everything before submitting it.

The main message I want to leave with you guys is that 1) if you arrive later than 5pm at YYZ on a weekday, don't worry, you should be able to get your landing procedure done, 2) no rush filling out the import good forms unless you are taking things with you. The forms can be found online.

It was a great landing experience at YYZ and I was very impressed by the welcoming gesture. Go Canada! Wish everyone a smooth landing experience.

Nishita0107

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
I just wanted to share my smooth landing experience. Find my timeline in the signature.

I live in the US and flew to Toronto on July 26. I meant to reach YYZ by 5pm because earlier posts seemed to suggest that I would not be able to get my SIN if I arrive outside of the normal 8-5. However, my flights got delayed and I didn't arrive at YYZ till 7pm ish.

Fortunately, these immigration folks are still there! Man they work hard! The instructions/signs are super clear and the immigration officer would know that you are landing so there shouldn't be any confusion. The lines are short and there are lots of windows processing landing or other immigration paperwork. It was very smooth and the folks who work there were very welcoming. After being frustrated with multiple delays with United (#neverUnited), the genuine and welcoming gestures help reset my spirit. I was asked a few basic questions and got my landing procedure along done (including getting a SIN) within half an hour. Before exiting the airport, I realized that I didn't fill out the imported goods form. The guy who works there nicely told me that as long as I do it within a year at YYZ, I should be fine. He gave me a paper form, also available online, and asked me to carefully list everything before submitting it.

The main message I want to leave with you guys is that 1) if you arrive later than 5pm at YYZ on a weekday, don't worry, you should be able to get your landing procedure done, 2) no rush filling out the import good forms unless you are taking things with you. The forms can be found online.

It was a great landing experience at YYZ and I was very impressed by the welcoming gesture. Go Canada! Wish everyone a smooth landing experience.

Thanks for sharing.

I will be landing in September, and my arrival time is 8 40 pm. So I'm guessing the SIN will be done on a different day.

Did you mean to say that the "goods to follow" form can be submitted within an year?

Aali005

May 5, 2017

I’m also planning to land by the end of next month. Did they asked you question about funds?

boldmove2018

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Thanks for sharing.

I will be landing in September, and my arrival time is 8 40 pm. So I'm guessing the SIN will be done on a different day.

Did you mean to say that the "goods to follow" form can be submitted within an year?
You might still be able to get your SIN on the same day. But your landing paperwork will surely be done on the same day.

Yes, that's what I was told.

boldmove2018

Star Member
May 20, 2018
I’m also planning to land by the end of next month. Did they asked you question about funds?
I vaguely remember that they asked me how much cash I am carrying...vaguely..can't quite remember if it was on this trip or the previous trip to Canada. It was probably too chill of a question that didn't register with me at the time.

Reactions: Aali005