+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience : Toronto Pearson

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hello all

Went to Canada to complete my landing formalities. Here is my experience:

Flight was uneventful. Airline agent just checked my passport and visa. Landed in Toronto. Filled up the Customs from and mentioned that I have goods to follow. Immigration officer asked as to why I am in Canada. I told him that it is for landing. He marked my declaration card and told me to go the office on the side to complete my formalities. I went to the office and there was a queue. After 20 mins., my turn came and I submitted my documents. Officer asked :

Are you convicted of any crime ?
Have you ever been told to leave Canada ?
How much cash will you be bringing to Canada ? (No proof asked)

Then, she told me to sign my documents and that was it. After that, I went to Customs and she looked at my B4 forms. I had already made the list and it was organized. She asked me when do you plan to move permanently. I told her by the end of this year after I am done with my project. She stamped my forms and that was it.

I have visited Canada in the past , but this time it was Feb and it was cold. Bone chilling -26C.

I also went to service Canada and applied for my SIN.

Thanks everyone for their help. I started this process last year in May and to be done with it is a big relief. I wish everyone good luck and hope to meet you in Canada.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reddevil666 said:
Hello all

Flight was uneventful. Airline agent just checked my passport and visa. Landed in Toronto. Filled up the Customs from and mentioned that I have goods to follow. Immigration officer asked as to why I am in Canada. I told him that it is for landing. He marked my declaration card and told me to go the office on the side to complete my formalities. I went to the office and there was a queue. After 20 mins., my turn came and I submitted my documents. Officer asked :

Then, she told me to sign my documents and that was it. After that, I went to Customs and she looked at my B4 forms. I had already made the list and it was organized. She asked me when do you plan to move permanently. I told her by the end of this year after I am done with my project. She stamped my forms and that was it.

I have visited Canada in the past , but this time it was Feb and it was cold. Bone chilling -26C.

Thanks everyone for their help. I started this process last year in May and to be done with it is a big relief. I wish everyone good luck and hope to meet you in Canada.
Can you please list the documents (in order) to carry with us for this process? It will help everyone like a checklist

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
reddevil666 said:
Hello all

CONGRATULATIONS!!! to you for the new country...
Please do post the list of documents...am sure it'll help for future/current applicants.

Luckboy

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
22XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-01-2016(SCHEDULE 4),25-01-2016(RCMP)
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
reddevil666 said:
Hello all

Congrates!!! Welcome to Canada!!!

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reddevil666 said:
Hello all

congrats and good luck

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
reddevil666 said:
Hello all

Welcome to Canada!! It does get warmer, honest! :p

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Here is a list of documents I carried:

1. Passport, COPR
2. Proof of funds (Bank letter from bank in USA. Also, I had last 3 months of bank statements)
3. Goods accompanied (B4 form)
4. Goods to follow(B4 form) + Itemized lists of Goods to follow. I made 4 lists (Electronics, Luggage, Kitchen, Personal effects) and sorted them in decreasing order of value. I calculated the total cost and put this cost on Goods to follow (B4 form). So, it was easy for the officer to look at B4 form and compare it with the itemized lists attached.

Also, one can apply for SIN number at the aiport itself. I was told this by the Canada service officer. But, I dont know the hours of operation.

If any help required, feel free to reply and I will get back.

Also

rdsouza

Oct 14, 2016
Hi, Congratulations on your PR and landing in Canada.

thanks for sharing the documents list.
Can you please let me know where can I find the B4 form? and do we need to show the Canadian office any receipts of the goods we are bringing with us.
What if we are carrying any gold or electronics that we are using already and they are not new. what do we do in that case. How do we declare them on the form.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks