+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience Thousand Island bridge

Shah_140

May 27, 2019
Is anyone going to Niagara or Thousand Island for flagpoling on this Wed/Thursday (6th or 7th Nov)? I might be interested to join.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hey I am in the same boat and I will be going to do flag polling soon.
What did u answer them to the officer or at the interview regarding the previous denied entry to canada?
Thanks
Hey I am yet to go through the process. I just have had denied visa, not an entry, I added all the details in the application anyways. It seems they are different but I don't know for sure. Please do share your experience. Thank you in advance.

Shah_140

May 27, 2019
Hi, I did mine today that is Monday. In case you need someone to drive, I went with Don Davies (613-305-3512) of at your service Kingston. I reached the US border at 7:20 am.The process at the border took a total 40 minutes and around 36 minutes drive from Kingston. He is great person to be accompanied with and his rates are better than taxis. Hope this helps.
how much did he charge from Kingston to Thousand Islands and return?

Sully_McGregor

Feb 21, 2018
Would you know if Lansdowne (Thousand Island Bridge) allow flagpoling only on certain days of the week and at limited times during those days? Did you call to check before you left?

dhandpun

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Dear Friends,

please help me for below query.
I am taking my mother to 1000 island border for flag poling. She recently got her COPR. She does not speak English. So can I go along with her for flag poling? I have US tourist visa stamped on my passport. But I want to be with her (return back from US post) to complete her landing formalities. Is it possible scenario?

Thanks!!

vikassaharan

Apr 11, 2019
Dear Friends,

I am taking my mother to 1000 island border for flag poling. She recently got her COPR. She does not speak English. So can I go along with her for flag poling? I have US tourist visa stamped on my passport. But I want to be with her (return back from US post) to complete her landing formalities. Is it possible scenario?

Thanks!!
I think it should be fine since she doesn’t know English and you are just there as her translator. I think it should be fine

vikassaharan

Apr 11, 2019
Dear Friends,

Thanks!!
I went for flag poling with my 3 friends who are citizen here so it was absolutely fine. US border officer only give me a flagpoling paper and let all of us come back to Canadian border for flagpoling. Yes Canadian border officer advised my friends to take a seat as she wanted to talk to me only regarding my condition. But
In your case, you’re her son and you could be her translator too since she does not speak English

dhandpun

Star Member
May 15, 2014
I went for flag poling with my 3 friends who are citizen here so it was absolutely fine. US border officer only give me a flagpoling paper and let all of us come back to Canadian border for flagpoling. Yes Canadian border officer advised my friends to take a seat as she wanted to talk to me only regarding my condition. But
In your case, you’re her son and you could be her translator too since she does not speak English
Thanks a lot for quick replies.

r_fish

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
Just flagpoled at this boarder. Super smooth and simple process. Everyone was super helpful nice and quick. Much more relaxing than my flagpoling experience in Niagara Falls in 2018. no time restrictions and from what I can tell a very quiet boarder.
I am so thankful this process is over and am excitedly waiting for the permanent residency card to arrive in the mail !!!

Reactions: tuitui509

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hey I am in the same boat and I will be going to do flag polling soon.
What did u answer them to the officer or at the interview regarding the previous denied entry to canada?
Thanks
This is refusal at port of entry not refusal of visa application. I answered no but I had 1 visa refusal.. just answer what is in the COPR if they didnt change

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Just flagpoled at this boarder. Super smooth and simple process. Everyone was super helpful nice and quick. Much more relaxing than my flagpoling experience in Niagara Falls in 2018. no time restrictions and from what I can tell a very quiet boarder.
I am so thankful this process is over and am excitedly waiting for the permanent residency card to arrive in the mail !!!
What time and which day did you go?

Thanks