+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience Thousand Island bridge

Jeff Stipa

Feb 3, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I would like to share my terrible experience in this whole process of landing with you.
First, I tried at Niagara in July 4th, it didn't work. 5 times I did flagpole and nothing. So we know that Niagara is just not a option, they even dont treat you well.
The day after I went to 1000 island, left Toronto 7pm, arrived there 10:30pm. The flagpole at EUA was fine, and even in the Canadian side I was treated well, but because of a process mistake of the Canada Federal government, I was punished for it. When we received our PPR, they asked us to send a photocopies of our passport and they are very clear on the email that we should not send the original passport for people who come from countries that has ETA. So as a requested, I sent the photocopies and received my confirmation letter to do landing correctly, but at the border the office told me that I must have the immigrant visa on my passport to do landing by land. In conclusion, I came back home without do the landing and have to wait until someone answer me to book an interview in Toronto.

This is sooooo wrong! I did all they asked for and at end, I was the one who was punished.

So this is my experience so far.
Good luck guys.

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014
I don't have the number or email address. Are you planning to do your landing at 1000 islands?
I did my landing there in 2017, but I went by car. I contacted them by email here:

contact@cbsa.gc.ca

They replied within 24 hours. Be sure to specify your question is referred to Lansdowne (Thousand Islands) because they take queries for all points of access.

You can also call this number: 1-800-461-9999

Good luck!

Reactions: LoveLife8789

priya_98

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
I did my landing there in 2017, but I went by car. I contacted them by email here:

contact@cbsa.gc.ca

They replied within 24 hours. Be sure to specify your question is referred to Lansdowne (Thousand Islands) because they take queries for all points of access.

You can also call this number: 1-800-461-9999

Good luck!
Thanks i am gonna check this.

Reactions: btoronto

Neel21

May 11, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get my PGWP by flagpoling to border.
I tried Rainbow bridge and Peace Bridge last week but was denied to apply even at 9 am. Reason given was they had too much traffic.

I am planning to go to Thousand Island this weekend to give it another try. Have anyone had any experience regarding PGWP at Lansdowne by flag poling? Also, I have flagpoled twice last week (on two separate days) to USA should that be an issue if I go again this weekend? Any pointers would be helpful. Thanks!

LoveLife8789

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
FYI... my spouse finished landing at Thousand Island border last weekend. It was an easy one except for wait time on USA side.

Harsimran1606

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Am going today at thousand island bridge gor landing will be there around 10 pm hopefully they will do it today yesterday i done two times flagpole in niagara

priya_98

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi, we did landing at thousand islands two days ago,process was smootj. We were done in two hours. I would recommend going here instead niagara falls.

Reactions: fashioncad