submitted with applicaption
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Re: Landing Experience @ Rainbow bridge

jes_ON said:
congratulations, letstry 21!

Yosh - if you are eligible to enter the USA, you may do so, and land when you return. It's not required to flagpole : )
Understood - thanks!

One more question I forgot to ask... What am I supposed to tell them for the purpose of my trip when crossing the U.S. border? Do I tell them that I intend to complete my landing, BUT first would like to visit for a bit, OR simply tell them I am travelling?

Thank you.

R0ger

Star Member
Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yosh said:
One more question I forgot to ask... What am I supposed to tell them for the purpose of my trip when crossing the U.S. border? Do I tell them that I intend to complete my landing, BUT first would like to visit for a bit, OR simply tell them I am travelling?
When in doubt, it usually pays off to be truthful. Just tell them why you are there, how long you want to stay and what you want to do while in the US.

freebird1977

Feb 1, 2014

letstry21 said:
Hi All,

I completed my landing today @ Rainbow Bridge at 11pm.

I started from Brampton with my friend @ 930 PM, we entered 5726 Falls Avenue,Niagara falls in GPS (this is the address for Duty free shop).
Now make sure if you are going with your friend or relative ,then dont let him enter Duty free shop parking as if you enter parking then car has to cross border so keep that in mind.

Now behind duty free shop there will be pedestrian way (gate for USA entry) ,and it will look something like this..

https:// www.youtube.com /watch?v=C7n_95g9PLk

I walked across bridge ,and there were 5-6 people ahead of me in queue ,so it took 5-10 mins and i was called then i told them that I am here for flag-poling.

Officer gave me paper to give to Canadian VO , so it was very quick ..as US VO took only 2 min to give me that paper.

No Fingerprints were taken and No entry was made in system ,nothing was entered on Passport.

Now i walked back to Canadian side ,I was the only one there in queue so officer there on counter gave yellow slip and guided me to building on right side of the counter.

I gave my passport and COPR at the counter ,Officer asked me for address proof so I showed my bank statement.

He asked me to wait ,then after 10 mins he called me again and told me PR obligations.

he told me it will take 3 months to get PR card ....so lets see ....

I would like thank users of this forum ,I can surely say I got more help from users of this forum than my consultant.

Special thanks to Toby,LPS,iamroth.

In last 6 months, I have accessed this forum pages more than FB or Gmail ...so will take some break now.

Good Luck to Everyone.

Thanks Everyone.
what was written on the piece of paper that was given by US officer? is it some kind of entry refusal? i am just concerned if there are some implications of flagpoling at a later date. Ex, in any visa application there is always a question were you refused visa or entry anytime before. if yes explain.

R0ger

Star Member
Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

freebird1977 said:
what was written on the piece of paper that was given by US officer? is it some kind of entry refusal? i am just concerned if there are some implications of flagpoling at a later date. Ex, in any visa application there is always a question were you refused visa or entry anytime before. if yes explain.
No worries. An administrative refusal will not go on your US immigration record. More details here.

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014

freebird1977 said:
Just my name and it was crossed ,thats it.

There was no entry in system done by officer

KaranKrishna

Jul 10, 2014

Hi

Just for the information now a days the CIC is send the invitation to land in the city you are in Canada.

Thanks,
karan

Djpolarbear

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 6, 2014
AOR Received.
March 5, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
Med's Request
August 21, 2014
Med's Done....
August 25, 2014
Passport Req..
November 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2014
LANDED..........
November 24, 2014

Yosh said:
Hi,

Could someone please answer my question - I am planning on landing on a weekend, but will I be able to actually visit the States for sometime for sightseing, etc (one night at most, but most likely half day or so) and then complete the landing when returning to Canada?

I feel like might as well spend sometime in the States since I will have to have driven for that long.

Many thanks in advance!
Sure you can. Just enjoy your time in US and complete your landing when you go back to Canadian border. It's stated on your visa stamp that you can make 1 entry for your landing. So there is no difference between doing flag polling or going into US spending some time and coming back. But weekend might be busier. You might wait longer. I suggest you complete your landing weekdays early in the morning. I completed my landing yesterday November 24 Monday around 8.15am. There was nobody in US side and the Canadian side. Didn't even take more than 20 mins in total.

gaby8

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
DD Oct 28, 2014
Nomination.....
PER Nov 7, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
Jan 21, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 26, 2015
Passport Req..
Feb 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Mar 9, 2015

letstry21 said:
Hi All,

I completed my landing today @ Rainbow Bridge at 11pm.

I started from Brampton with my friend @ 930 PM, we entered 5726 Falls Avenue,Niagara falls in GPS (this is the address for Duty free shop).
Now make sure if you are going with your friend or relative ,then dont let him enter Duty free shop parking as if you enter parking then car has to cross border so keep that in mind.

Now behind duty free shop there will be pedestrian way (gate for USA entry) ,and it will look something like this..

https:// www.youtube.com /watch?v=C7n_95g9PLk

I walked across bridge ,and there were 5-6 people ahead of me in queue ,so it took 5-10 mins and i was called then i told them that I am here for flag-poling.

Officer gave me paper to give to Canadian VO , so it was very quick ..as US VO took only 2 min to give me that paper.

No Fingerprints were taken and No entry was made in system ,nothing was entered on Passport.

Now i walked back to Canadian side ,I was the only one there in queue so officer there on counter gave yellow slip and guided me to building on right side of the counter.

I gave my passport and COPR at the counter ,Officer asked me for address proof so I showed my bank statement.

He asked me to wait ,then after 10 mins he called me again and told me PR obligations.

he told me it will take 3 months to get PR card ....so lets see ....

I would like thank users of this forum ,I can surely say I got more help from users of this forum than my consultant.

Special thanks to Toby,LPS,iamroth.

In last 6 months, I have accessed this forum pages more than FB or Gmail ...so will take some break now.

Good Luck to Everyone.

Thanks Everyone.

hello! hope you are having a great experience as a Canadian Resident! I wanted to ask you Why you didnt go by car? why did you choose to cross walking if you had the car? What would be the difference if I do it with a car?
Thank you so much.

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

gaby8 said:

hello! hope you are having a great experience as a Canadian Resident! I wanted to ask you Why you didnt go by car? why did you choose to cross walking if you had the car? What would be the difference if I do it with a car?
Thank you so much.
Hi Gaby8,

No difference, you could do either way...

Some places using car would be faster transport, though..

Hope this helps!

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15

Hello Everyone!
I completed my landing yesterday at Rainbow bridge. I carried the following documents for the same:
1. CoPR
2. Passport
3. Pay stubs
4. Work permit
5. Passport size photos

Here's what I learned from my landing experience. Since it is the border and we are just flag polling, we are low priority for CBSA. So if you decide to do this during peak hours (like I foolishly did) you will be waiting for a very long time (easily more than 3-4 hours) to complete the landing formalities. I waited for nearly 4 1/2 hours to finish mine. I think the best time to go is early in the morning or after 10 PM (non peak hours).
I just walked the bridge and walked back. I did go to the USA side, had US border police stamp my passport (they didn't provide a slip as I had a valid USA stamp).
The formality in itself is really quick and simple (just the wait which is super long). CBSA officer asks you a couple of questions and informs you on how to maintain your PR status and about citizenship requirements.
And after that - voila! you are a PR ;D

If you have any questions, please post them here on the forum.

Cheers! :)

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015

Hey I completed my landing as well last Saturday. Is that the day you went there?

My post is here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/april-2014-application-t193777.0.html;msg4154857#msg4154857

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15

Hey, I landed on March 21/15.

Cabalen said:
Hey I completed my landing as well last Saturday. Is that the day you went there?

My post is here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/april-2014-application-t193777.0.html;msg4154857#msg4154857

Sambil786

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014

I have done my medical on March 03,2015. I have received email from CIC requesting for My and my spouse Passport copies. I was surprised that they must ask me to submit original passport for landing sticker. But my lawyer said that CIC do not put a record of Landing in the passport anymore. CIC send us PR card. I am not sure about the changes in rules. If any one can tell me about this.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015

Sambil786 said:
I have done my medical on March 03,2015. I have received email from CIC requesting for My and my spouse Passport copies. I was surprised that they must ask me to submit original passport for landing sticker. But my lawyer said that CIC do not put a record of Landing in the passport anymore. CIC send us PR card. I am not sure about the changes in rules. If any one can tell me about this.
Unless you came from a visa-exempt passports then you need to submit your passport for PR Visa. It should be the same process as you have entered before.

I don't know how your lawyer got this info but you go immediately in getting the PR card. You NEED to land first. Again, you need passports and and CoPR for landing.

The change was before they even ask for passports from visa-exempt countries which they have removed now and you will only receive the CoPR for landing. The change is in contrary to change you are thinking.

Sambil786

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014