+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience - PR card not issued

baraynawab

Aug 31, 2009
Hello Friends,

I landed in Canada through Detroit Ambassador bridge.

One of the immigration officer called us and asked us some questions:

IO: What brings you to Canada?
ME: I am landing here today as a part of the immigration process

IO: Are you moving in to Canada today ?
ME: We are here to complete the landing formalities and are travelling back to the US immediately. I have my job until end of November and I intend to move to Canada permanently after that.

The immigration officer started asking some regular Qs about goods to follow and We were asked to wait. After waiting for 20 minutes, the immigration officer called us again.

IO: Please sign these COPR forms without touching the green border.
ME: -- Signed the forms --

She tore off one of the pages in the COPR form and stapled it to our passports and put a seal with the landing date.

IO: Your landing has been completed and the proof for the same is attached to your passport.

The immigration officer informed me that since I’m not moving in I cannot apply for PR Card and asked me to apply for PR card when I live in Canada and she also told me that with the landing paper attached to the passport we can’t travel to canada through air but only by road.so I asked what my options are if i am flying from india to canada she said you can get a travel document from embassy in delhi and travel with that.

ME: I didn’t know what to say now.

IO: Do you have any questions for me? Hand over this slip to the security officer outside.
A: No Thank you so much for your help.

Handed over the slip and the security officer released the vehicle keys to us.

Made a U-turn and started traveling into the US and successfully used AVR. But, they made an entry on our passports.

What’s my option to apply for PR Card now ? any suggestion ? help?

Thanks

Today I checked the ECas status and it says :

We started processing your application on July 10, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Windsor Ambassador Bridge office on July 19, 2010 and became a Permanent Resident.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this needs to be taken seriously. others can face this situation especially when you are putting two legs in two different boats.

archmax

Aug 3, 2010
Hello baraynawab.

We have Alberta PNP and wish to land and comeback in a port of entry near buffalo and comeback to US, however the immigration consultants office insists that we should land only in Calgary. wish to confirm this. can I provide an address in Toronto / Brampton for the PR cards. what is required for an AVR. our H1 visa has expired but we have valid I797 and I94. we are not planning to stamp in canada. Appreciate your reply. thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR cards will only be sent to an address in Canada. Applying for a travel document from an embassy is not difficult. Consult the embassy website as each one has clear instructions about how to do this.

You can "land" at any POE. I don't know why your immigration consultant wants you to land in Calgary.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
I think the only concern is that travel document will have its own validity period.
I am told it is 60 days.
So second arrival at Canada needs to be planned accordingly.

baraynawab

Aug 31, 2009
archmax said:
Hello baraynawab.

We have Alberta PNP and wish to land and comeback in a port of entry near buffalo and comeback to US, however the immigration consultants office insists that we should land only in Calgary. wish to confirm this. can I provide an address in Toronto / Brampton for the PR cards. what is required for an AVR. our H1 visa has expired but we have valid I797 and I94. we are not planning to stamp in canada. Appreciate your reply. thanks
You can land at any POE. At the most they may ask you all sort of Q's.

If you can get Alberta address that would be good but if that's not an option then it should be a problem

As long as you have valid I797 AND 94, using AVR shouldn't be a problem.