Doc's Request.
14-05-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Med's Done....
30-08-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
We recently landed in Canada through the Peace Bridge. We waited around 20 minutes in the cars (autos) queue to reach the window where we were asked the purpose of the visit. We were asked how much cash we were carrying and if we would be importing the vehicle (we took a rental for convenience). Once inside after pulling up at the specific parking space (numbered), our passports were requested at the counter and we were asked to wait. The wait was over 2.5 hours as the families ahead of us seem to have complex issues and it was taking long for the agents to sort them all out. However, once our turn came, it took around 30 minutes. The officers were really pleasant and spent a lot of time with explaining a lot of things about PR, residency requirement, rights, importing vehicle. It was helpful that we had already totaled the amount on the goods to follow list. Make sure to record your vehicle’s VIN (which we had done) and carry pictures of valuable jewelry. They photocopied the photos and returned one set to us along with other paperwork basically saying that no duty would be charged on the goods that are on the list when we bring them in. We were on our way to our destination in Canada after about 3 hours of crossing the bridge.

We just stayed the night in Canada and returned the next day. If you’re driving towards Toronto by QEW, make sure to check out the Italian restaurant called The Express in the town of Hamilton. It’s just 5 minutes from the highway exit but the food is oh so delicious!

Just thought I would write this down while it’s still fresh. It was a pleasant trip overall.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
We recently landed in Canada through the Peace Bridge. We waited around 20 minutes in the cars (autos) queue to reach the window where we were asked the purpose of the visit. We were asked how much cash we were carrying and if we would be importing the vehicle (we took a rental for convenience). Once inside after pulling up at the specific parking space (numbered), our passports were requested at the counter and we were asked to wait. The wait was over 2.5 hours as the families ahead of us seem to have complex issues and it was taking long for the agents to sort them all out. However, once our turn came, it took around 30 minutes. The officers were really pleasant and spent a lot of time with explaining a lot of things about PR, residency requirement, rights, importing vehicle. It was helpful that we had already totaled the amount on the goods to follow list. Make sure to record your vehicle’s VIN (which we had done) and carry pictures of valuable jewelry. They photocopied the photos and returned one set to us along with other paperwork basically saying that no duty would be charged on the goods that are on the list when we bring them in. We were on our way to our destination in Canada after about 3 hours of crossing the bridge.

We just stayed the night in Canada and returned the next day. If you’re driving towards Toronto by QEW, make sure to check out the Italian restaurant called The Express in the town of Hamilton. It’s just 5 minutes from the highway exit but the food is oh so delicious!

Just thought I would write this down while it’s still fresh. It was a pleasant trip overall.
Thanks for your information.....can you please share your personnel email address if u don't mind so that I will discuss with you regarding my case. my email address is canadapr1982@gmail.com.