+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING EXPERIENCE: Officially a PR of Canada.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hello everyone,

I'm in Ottawa at this time living with my spouses grandparents and just wanted to take a moment to let you know how my landing of the immigrant was in Toronto yesterday.

I arrived in Toronto Pearson Airport around 3PM and fortunally the airport was not busy at all. My spouse and I arrived at Immigration and we directly went to an immigration officer. He was not overly polite at all, however it was not his job to do the landing so he infomed me to go immigration to the right of us. He just asked if I had made a list of goods, which I did.

Anyway continued to Immigration nervous as ever. There was an area in which had a sign above saying new Immagrants (or landing Immagrants) not sure...too nervous to remember now :)!! Anyway, there were a few leople sitting on the side I believe they were waiting for translators. We were the only ones in the line. We where called and she collected my passport and CPR form. She asked me how much money I had with me and starting filling the CPR form. The only other question she asked was have I ever been to Canada. So that was it. ....

She made me sign it asked for the address in which my PR Card would be sent. Welcomed me to Canada...told me to go the side and speak to a lady that would give me information about how to apply for a SIN number, health card etc etc... Got that all in a nice red bag with other information about Canada.

My landing took about three five minutes to complete. My biggest concern was that I would not get a PR card until I settled ......but no problem with that.

Headed to customs- was sent to the office. That was a breeze told the officer would be claiming everythign at a later date. she had no problems at all. Put all my information on the system went over to the cashier to get a print out with my information on it and Welcomed to Canada once more. No questions at all.

I will be leaving Canada in a few days......a little chilly here however the warmth of the people make up for that. Everyone is really friendly here.

I love Canada so much and the people.

To everyone here still waiting just have faith. My process landing including took us 5 months. I know some people out there are still waiting (Sadgirl:-( ) keep the faith. You wil be fine when the day comes you will never forget it.

To everyone else- thank you so much from the bottom of heart. You all who helped have helped my application be as smooth as it has. I was talking to spouse about this blog in particular and how we got so much help from coming to this website.

Thank you to ever single one of you.

God bless and Good luck.

I will write back upon my return home .

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
The country I come has really grumpy officials, I was quite surprised by the people who helped me land. They were being TOO nice! :))

Congratulations and welcome to Canada! Hope you get the PR card with no hickups :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Welcome to Canada! :)

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations.

Probably none of my business but can I ask why you'll be leaving again in a few days?? Seems like alot of trouble to go through only to turn around and fly back home again.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hi Ariell,

The main reason was to spend thanksgiving with my spouses family here in Canada...however we decided to do the landing too. It was nice to get things out of the way and I got my Social Insurance Number which was so exciting:)

Thanks

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats. :)

Hope that one day that will be me. Will definitely be the happiest day of my life.

Just a quick question if you don't mind me asking. Is there a requirement as to how much to bring with you for the landing?
Or is it just a general question so they know if you have money from home in your bank that will be transferred to Canada later on?

I doubt I have much money if any at all when I come. Lol.
Come from a pretty broke family. Just me and mom and she is unemployed and I haven't had a job since being up here in Canada.
Hope they aren't expecting much money wise. All in all we will be living with his parents family for a good half a year anyway when I arrive until we can get our own home.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
No, you're not expected to bring any set amount of money with you. They have to ask this for customs sake. There is no minimum funds requirement for people being sponsored as members of the family class.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for answering my question.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Canada.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
I was just asked how much I had on me cash. I told them $800 .... that was all... no need to show any funds or anything.

Customs was a breez..

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
robertbola said:
I was just asked how much I had on me cash. I told them $800 .... that was all... no need to show any funds or anything.

Customs was a breez..
That's because under 10K, is not a problem. Congrats by the way RB :). My husband landed through Montreal, and had a similar seemless process :) -

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A BIG CONGRATS!!! A job well done!

TY for posting your experience!! I am sure the nervousness will set in when my day arrives! Hearing you say it was a breeze makes me feel a little more confident!

Robertbola, I have a question. Is a person who receives the SIN through family class, required to to pay for a workers permit fee, in order to work?

Again TY for all your insight and helpfulness! Happy Thanksgiving wished for you and your family!

WELCOME TO CANADA!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you have your PR you are entitled to work and there are no fees, and no need for a work permit.

KevinsJane said:
Robertbola, I have a question. Is a person who receives the SIN through family class, required to to pay for a workers permit fee, in order to work?

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hi KevinsJane,

Thanks for your welcome. Back home after the landing. WE are leaving for good around Christmas. As for your question I applied for my SIN number and it took five minutes. I have my SIN number already the card takes 5 days to arrive.

There are not fees for this- when you get a SIN number you can apply for any job you want....no fees :)

I think getting my SIN number was probably more exciting then my landing :) It made me feel so part of Canada :)!

nknvtr

Aug 27, 2009
Congratulations robertbola!!
Just a quick question regarding the landing procedures. My wife is going to do the landing in the coming weeks. She is little bit nervous now. Did you have to go to the customs after the luggage collection or before? Another thing, is list of good that you bring must? What are the things that you have to list. She is just bringing some jewels (about 150 gms) and her clothes and some cooking ware.