+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience (no more walk-in to IRCC)

linpearl.dl

Apr 10, 2019
I just want to share my landing experience, and update some info for you guys.

1. I read a post about walk-in service at IRCC for inland landing on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month, so I gave it a try.

HOWEVER:
- When we came there, I met a guy. He told me that his friend just landed with walk-in to IRCC in May.
- But last week, we were told that walk-in service is NOT available anymore. If we want to do inland landing, we have to make a call to CIC to book an appointment.

2. I dont know why people dont just cross U.S border and come back for landing. If you are worry that you need U.S. visa, the truth is you DON'T need it. Just go to the border, U.S. border officers will give you a paper stating that you are denied for admission. Then you just need to go back to Canada with that paper and do your landing. In my case, I actually have a F-1 visa, but I dont need to use it, and the deny to admission doesn't affect my status in the U.S. at all.

3. I did my landing at Ogdensburg-Prescott border. I called them in the morning to ask if I come around 9pm, will any officer be there for me to land? The agent told me that officers are available from 7:50 am to 7:50pm.
I dont know how to drive, so I had to wait for my friend to take me there. We came late, around 8:30pm, and lucky me, officers were there and they just processed my landing normally, without any rush.

Hope it helps!

Reactions: jessy87