Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2014
Completed my landing on the 24th at Toronto Pearson airport. Everything went smooth and we were out of the airport in less than an hour. POF was not checked but the CBSA lady asked how much we are carrying, all the B4 forms and supporting documents were stamped and we got a copy of the same. The counters were pretty much empty, my kids were running around playing hide and seek, the CBSA lady (I think of Indian origin), even joked to not forget the kids when going out . Everything is so clearly shared by members here that landing was a breeze. Thanks to everyone, especially Qorax and other senior members!

This completes a long and frustrating wait to get to Canada. Returned to the US after the long weekend, not decided when to move back permanently.

Things are costlier compared to the US, the tax rate is especially difficult to swallow , might take a look at other provinces like Alberta. Anybody moved/moving to Calgary, please share your experiences!

One thing I liked is the currency notes, colorful plastic! Looks and feels cool!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ptv7425 said:
Things are costlier compared to the US, the tax rate is especially difficult to swallow , might take a look at other provinces like Alberta. Anybody moved/moving to Calgary, please share your experiences!

One thing I liked is the currency notes, colorful plastic! Looks and feels cool!
Gas prices in Alberta is still costlier than Montana.

The US currency notes also goes polymer and colorful, if you have not yet realized.

ptv7425

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2014
steaky said:
Gas prices in Alberta is still costlier than Montana.

The US currency notes also goes polymer and colorful, if you have not yet realized.
hmmm...tough choice then :D, Haven't seen the plastic USD yet

srid_a

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Request
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PP Sent: 30-09-2013, DM 02-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2013
LANDED..........
in May/June 2014
ptv7425 said:
Congrats Srid!
Hi ptv,

Glad to see you have landed. We have finally made it after a long wait :)

Yes everything is looking expensive here. You could get depressed if you convert every purchase into rupee value. Apart from that everything else is good. If you are coming from US, you may not see big change.

Lamhey has landed in Alberta last week.

Keep in touch!

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
Hello All

Great to read some sort of landing experiences about all of you guys.

Will be settling in Edmonton, AB by August to avoid tax in Ontario and BC and other costly expenses which can be avoided by choosing AB region. Correct me if I am wrong with my choice. Please disregard the weather condition, it is already given and will just to embrace it and enjoy the winter cold. LOL.

Cheers.

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Dear All,

Great to read some of yours landing experiences.

I will be going to Edmonton, AB in July to complete my landing formalities along with my spouse and daughter. Will share my landing experience then.

Regards,
Fuad

srid_a

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Request
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2013
LANDED..........
in May/June 2014
fuad1980 said:
Dear All,

I will be going to Edmonton, AB in July to complete my landing formalities along with my spouse and daughter. Will share my landing experience then.

Regards,
Fuad
Goodluck with your landing in AB.

I wish I brought items - stationary, tools, umbrellas, etc. with me. If you have space bring them with you. No point in throwing them away and buying them here again.

rawaljignesh82

Dec 27, 2010
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-June-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR :06-Oct-2010, 2nd AOR: XX Jan 2011
IELTS Request
In Process Status with Processing Date..XX Feb2012 , Last Week Processing Date changed to March 15,2012
File Transfer...
XX-Jan-2011
Med's Request
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Landed
fuad1980 said:
Dear All,

Regards,
Fuad
you are making a right choice.

I landed to Edmonton on 14th June 2014. I prepare lot of document like good to brings list, jewelry photos , POF prof etc.
BUT In Edmonton visa officer did not even ask single thing.

First I went to passport officer , they redirected us to immigration officer.
I gave landing paper to Immigration Officer. She advise us to stay and wait for the 15th minute. She just ask for the Address where they send us PR card. After 15 Minute process finished and we arrived finally at Edmonton. Process was really smooth.

Edmonton is cheaper compare to Calgary. Rent is much cheaper than fort Mcmurray and Calgary.

Next day I went to Fort Mcmurray. This city is really costly but have lots of opportunity. Next day Received SIN Number and Open an Bank Account in TD.

For Health Card they wanted Alberta Address Proof Like Bank Statement, Rent Agreement or pay stub , employer letter.
For Driving Licence test Class 7 Learner exam also they requires Some Alberta Address proof. Fees is $20

Good luck

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
rawaljignesh82 said:
you are making a right choice.

I landed to Edmonton on 14th June 2014. I prepare lot of document like good to brings list, jewelry photos , POF prof etc.
BUT In Edmonton visa officer did not even ask single thing.

First I went to passport officer , they redirected us to immigration officer.
I gave landing paper to Immigration Officer. She advise us to stay and wait for the 15th minute. She just ask for the Address where they send us PR card. After 15 Minute process finished and we arrived finally at Edmonton. Process was really smooth.

Edmonton is cheaper compare to Calgary. Rent is much cheaper than fort Mcmurray and Calgary.

Next day I went to Fort Mcmurray. This city is really costly but have lots of opportunity. Next day Received SIN Number and Open an Bank Account in TD.

For Health Card they wanted Alberta Address Proof Like Bank Statement, Rent Agreement or pay stub , employer letter.
For Driving Licence test Class 7 Learner exam also they requires Some Alberta Address proof. Fees is $20

Good luck
Dear Rawaljignesh82,

Congratulations on your landing. Please keep continue sharing your initial experience so that we can learn accordingly.

Regards,
Fuad

ASRAH

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
hi mates,

I am planning to do the landing on august, I want to stay there for a week or so in order to complete landing procedures and come back after a year or so, can you pleas advise on the following :

1- How can i get the PR without staying there till it is issued.
2- do I need to go with the whole family or only me the main applicant.
3-after the PR is issued how long can i stay away from canada before i lose the right for becoming a citizen.

appreciate your help.

srid_a

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Request
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2013
LANDED..........
in May/June 2014
ASRAH said:
hi mates,

I am planning to do the landing on august, I want to stay there for a week or so in order to complete landing procedures and come back after a year or so, can you pleas advise on the following :

1- How can i get the PR without staying there till it is issued.
2- do I need to go with the whole family or only me the main applicant.
3-after the PR is issued how long can i stay away from canada before i lose the right for becoming a citizen.

appreciate your help.
2) I think you alone can land first if you are a principal applicant. Once you settle down, you can bring the family. Many people do it this way.

1) You have give the address of a friend saying that you are going to stay there. That friend has to send that to you. I landed in Toronto 7 weeks ago and I did not receive the PR card yet.

3) In the five years time after you land, you need to stay atleast 2 years in Canada to renew your PR card. For citizenship you need to be here for 3 years.