+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience COPR post March 18th

Amrrox

Feb 10, 2021
Landing experience 18th FEB 2021

Hi all, I thought of giving out my landing experience since few days back I was anxious about it and searched online for similar cases to calm myself down about it traveling.
So first of all, I was flying EgyptAir so the flight started in Cairo and ended in Toronto nonstop.
In Cairo, the counter agent asked for the reason why I’m traveling, the documents I had, the travel authorization.
So I had a COPR and needed to land immediately for a family reunification reasons and so I showed him the papers ( + PCR test done 72 hours before ) and the travel authorization, he took pictures and sent the CBSA via WhatsApp to make sure I’m eligible to board the airline and take off.
The process took 2 hours in Cairo because it was really crowded and queues were looong and finally the CBSA replied the agent that I’m good for departure.
12 hours later, landing in Toronto wasn’t simple as well, I had to wait 1 hour after landing because they let off first the transit travelers and then the Canadians and PR Holders and finally all other nationalities. So I had to wait and had to stop asking the Stewarts about how much time is remaining to board off the airplane.
Finally I stood in the queue for the passport stamp, so I had to hand over all my documents (I had them prepared to save time), he filled out the entry card and told me to pass and stand in the immigration queue to go inside the immigration office to activate my PR( at this moment, you realize your day is made and you are filled with a sort of a satisfaction feeling.
The immigration queue in Toronto, the queue is only comparable to the queue when people used to line up for IPhone to get it before anyone else, it’s simply ridiculous but that’s the way how it goes.
I understand that I was traveling in difficult times so I had to appreciate they let me in Canada ans stop complaining.
The queue took me 3 hours of wait from the last standing to need the immigration officer, he took all documents and told me to wait few minutes, he confirmed my COPR, told me to sign, handed over the documents and the passport with a stamp with no date( finally your realize your life is worth something).
Later in Uber, the driver told me I could have waiting for the service Canada bureau at the airport and finalize my Pr card. Simply, I just couldn’t I had to direct to the Airbnb I reserved and sleep and have a shower because I was aching from standing so long in the lines.
Oh and before you exit your airport there’s 1 hour waiting for a Covid-19 test you simply have no choice if you are staying in Ontario, if not, you don’t take the test and your go on.
Before 22nd you are allowed to quarantine in your place of choice but after that day you are going to pay 2000 CAD for a room for 3 days + 11 days to quarantine if negative.
So many people diverted their departure ticket to come before the 22nd FEB.
(Do not forget the travel authorization guys and the COVID-19 test).

Reactions: KoKo_

Opearoba

Feb 19, 2021
Congratulations on your safe landing. Could you please share the process of getting a travel authorization? I am planning to travel with my family soon because our CoPR expires by May 31, 2021.

Opearoba

Feb 19, 2021

Hi all, I thought of giving out my landing experience since few days back I was anxious about it and searched online for similar cases to calm myself down about it traveling.
So first of all, I was flying EgyptAir so the flight started in Cairo and ended in Toronto nonstop.
In Cairo, the counter agent asked for the reason why I’m traveling, the documents I had, the travel authorization.
So I had a COPR and needed to land immediately for a family reunification reasons and so I showed him the papers ( + PCR test done 72 hours before ) and the travel authorization, he took pictures and sent the CBSA via WhatsApp to make sure I’m eligible to board the airline and take off.
The process took 2 hours in Cairo because it was really crowded and queues were looong and finally the CBSA replied the agent that I’m good for departure.
12 hours later, landing in Toronto wasn’t simple as well, I had to wait 1 hour after landing because they let off first the transit travelers and then the Canadians and PR Holders and finally all other nationalities. So I had to wait and had to stop asking the Stewarts about how much time is remaining to board off the airplane.
Finally I stood in the queue for the passport stamp, so I had to hand over all my documents (I had them prepared to save time), he filled out the entry card and told me to pass and stand in the immigration queue to go inside the immigration office to activate my PR( at this moment, you realize your day is made and you are filled with a sort of a satisfaction feeling.
The immigration queue in Toronto, the queue is only comparable to the queue when people used to line up for IPhone to get it before anyone else, it’s simply ridiculous but that’s the way how it goes.
I understand that I was traveling in difficult times so I had to appreciate they let me in Canada ans stop complaining.
The queue took me 3 hours of wait from the last standing to need the immigration officer, he took all documents and told me to wait few minutes, he confirmed my COPR, told me to sign, handed over the documents and the passport with a stamp with no date( finally your realize your life is worth something).
Later in Uber, the driver told me I could have waiting for the service Canada bureau at the airport and finalize my Pr card. Simply, I just couldn’t I had to direct to the Airbnb I reserved and sleep and have a shower because I was aching from standing so long in the lines.
Oh and before you exit your airport there’s 1 hour waiting for a Covid-19 test you simply have no choice if you are staying in Ontario, if not, you don’t take the test and your go on.
Before 22nd you are allowed to quarantine in your place of choice but after that day you are going to pay 2000 CAD for a room for 3 days + 11 days to quarantine if negative.

Congratulations on your safe landing. Could you please share the process of getting a travel authorization? I am planning to travel with my family soon because our CoPR expires by May 31, 2021.

Opearoba

Feb 19, 2021

In addition, does a person need to have an extended family member in Canada to get a travel authorization? What of if the person does not have anyone of such, what does one need to do get it? Thank you

Manaloto

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila

Can you share your timeline in getting your travel authorization? We submitted our last jan15...but until now no feedbakc...hope to head from you soonest.thanks.

Amrrox

Feb 10, 2021
Sorry for the late reply, please check the following link and see under Who Can Enter Canada:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#enter
If you meet one of those, you should write a letter to Ircc to obtain a Written Authorization.
Only then you will be able to travel but once arrived you will need to pay 2000 CAD for 3 night stay at hotel as required now by the governement.

Amrrox

Feb 10, 2021
Can you share your timeline in getting your travel authorization? We submitted our last jan15...but until now no feedbakc...hope to head from you soonest.thanks.
It took me 3 weeks+ to obtain mine, I think the reason is that there are numerous people applying and the capacity to check every case and respond accordingly takes time.

Opearoba

Feb 19, 2021
Sorry for the late reply, please check the following link and see under Who Can Enter Canada:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#enter
If you meet one of those, you should write a letter to Ircc to obtain a Written Authorization.
Only then you will be able to travel but once arrived you will need to pay 2000 CAD for 3 night stay at hotel as required now by the governement.

Many thanks for your kind response.

Reactions: Amrrox

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM

You are alone or with spouse?