Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Regina said:
Mathematics is bad.
Currency rate is 1 pound=1.9 CAD so bread is cheaper if you look around for bread of $1.97 each.
Eggs (do not know if there is 15. Usually eggs are in dozens) 2 pounds=$3.8 (in Superstore dozen of large eggs costs $2.67)
Milk 2.2 pounds= $4.18- not much more expensive.

AND on top of that wages in UK are LOWER than in Canada for the same job.
When I moved here 1£ = 1.5 CAD , guys who landing now are lucky as they getting 1.9 or even 2 Cad for 1 £

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Gatawa04 said:
hi all

i have finally got my COPR a year to date on a spousal visa, but due to my medicals expiring mid february i am due to land in Calgary next week. I am currently studying for a Finance MSc and i have to come back to finish the course before i can move to Calgary permanently, just a few questions,
1. What is the landing process like , what do i need to prepare
2. i am not bringing anything to Canada as i have done a house clearance sale already and moved to university accommodation.
3. Job wise what are the prospects and timelines to getting a job , i have worked in banking before and part CFA qualified

Any help will be appreciated
How long you planning to stay this visit?

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Assalomykum Sister sabeen Serzai,
as talk on phone
Walmart Is hiring for new Location at NW country hills.
711 Hiring near Marlborough and 8Ave SE

Call the Student Aid Alberta Service Centre: ( Check about you eligible for any Student Loan)
◾1-855-606-2096 (toll free in North America) Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. local time

apply for Calgary housing/ fill form as it has 6 months to 1 year waiting :
http://calgary.ca/CS/OLSH/Pages/Calgary-Housing-Company/Applicant%20information/Apply-for-housing.aspx
East District Office
3rd Floor, Marlborough Mall Professional Building
320, 433 Marlborough Way NE, Calgary, Alberta, T2A 5H5

apply for low income health Card (you need to file Income tax return for 2014 first )
http://humanservices.alberta.ca/financial-support/2085.html

and during Income tax return apply (tick) for Child benefits , GST credit too.

And do not relay lot on social workers , they will do just 2-3 meeting and though they sound very helpful and sympathetic but that what there job is and not lot bother if you getting correct info or settling properly.

I know couple of friends (though not in touch) they from Pak and worked in Security too so If you husband need there number I can mgs you , may be they can give you some info about Security jobs.

Did you all get registered to Family Doctor , best place is at Medicare (its near falconridge ) as they got lots of Indian and Pakistani doctors. Do not stuck up with family clinic just because they near your house , better to Get good doctor from start .
If you all need any other info or help then plz do not hesitate at all to Call me or mgs me.
And consider yourself really lucky as we having nice weather in Calgary else in last 2 years it was -20 to -35 during these days.

Allahhafiz

Gatawa04

Jan 9, 2014
Ipswich
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/01/2014
AOR Received.
28/02/2014
Med's Done....
25/01/2014
hie all

update, landed in Calgary on the 12th of February, though the weather was disappointingly warm, 7 degrees Celsius on average :(, was looking forward for a taste of the cold weather.
All went well when I got off at Calgary airport, was really surprised how quick the process was, the only questions asked was my wife's name and my Calgary address and that was all. I didn't need to fill in any forms as the PR card is issued by CIC automatically once landing is confirmed and have been advised that it will be around 2-3 months.

Went to Service Canada the next day and applied for a SIN number which was issued on the spot, apparently they don't do cards anymore. Next stop was the registry where I applied for a Alberta Health Care Insurance card. on this one I didn't need to make a fresh application but rather was added to my wife's existing account. The card should be with us in about two weeks. I am not sure how it works if you are not joining your spouse, I am sure someone on the forum can clarify the process. Didn't manage to change my driving licence as I will do that when I move finally in two months time. I was advised that having a driving abstract will lower my insurance which will come in handy, will be applying for that from DVLA in the UK. Next stop was the bank for accounts and credit cards which is all done now. I am back in the UK now to finish off my MSc programme and cant wait to head back in two months time

Thanks everyone for the advise along the way AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!

tkmc112981

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO to CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Request
25-08-2015 ( RPRF on 24-08-2015)
Med's Done....
26-08-2015 (SLU also on this date with processing start date as Feb' 5th 2015))
Interview........
No Update.. Hopefully waived.
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
In Dreams.. Not in reality :)
Hello Seniors!

Currently, my FSW 2014 application is just in PER status but I am real curious to understand how job search and prospects work out once landed in Canada.

I will be really grateful if you can please clarify my doubts with respect to below points.

I have work experience covering different NOC codes, so I zeroed on the NOC that matches my major experience and applied with that NOC for FSW process. Now, I want to understand if I can try to search for job in either of the categories or not?

Q1: Does the PR Visa has any mention or restriction of working in the same NOC related work which we used to apply for FSW?
Q2: Will the employers ask for NOC that we applied for our visa if I start searching for the job before entering Canada or after landing?
Q3: Do I ever have to prove/report to CIC in future that I am working in the same NOC as I applied for?
Q4: Am I completely free from the NOC stuff once landed in Canada with PR in hand?

Many thanks in advance for your support and guidance!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tkmc112981 said:
Hello Seniors!

Currently, my FSW 2014 application is just in PER status but I am real curious to understand how job search and prospects work out once landed in Canada.

I will be really grateful if you can please clarify my doubts with respect to below points.

I have work experience covering different NOC codes, so I zeroed on the NOC that matches my major experience and applied with that NOC for FSW process. Now, I want to understand if I can try to search for job in either of the categories or not?

Q1: Does the PR Visa has any mention or restriction of working in the same NOC related work which we used to apply for FSW?

No

Q2: Will the employers ask for NOC that we applied for our visa if I start searching for the job before entering Canada or after landing?

No

Q3: Do I ever have to prove/report to CIC in future that I am working in the same NOC as I applied for?

No

Q4: Am I completely free from the NOC stuff once landed in Canada with PR in hand?
Yes

Many thanks in advance for your support and guidance!
See answers in red.

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Hi All,

If any one is interested or if you know some one who is looking for renting a 2 Bedroom Condo at SE, Calgary please pass on my details.

Highlights of the property is as follows.

This awesome 2 Bedroom Suite Condo has the following features.
Location- Just awesome, beside Wallmart.

Grocery stores few steps away- Wallmart, Safeway, Co-Op, Super Store, London Drugs.

Restaurants Nearby, full market area is just few steps away from this condo. Banks available on walking distance.

Coffee Shops- Tim Hortons, Starbucks, First Cup just few steps way.

Public transport is few steps away.

Gas Station - Co-op, Super Store few steps away.

Mr Lube and Canadian Tire available few steps away.

Rooms- 2 Bedroom + Hall.

Bath- Two, 3 piece bath.

Monthly rent- 1500 includes ( Water, electricty, heating, Condo fees) you just need to pay the rent nothing else. Well maintained building.

Basement heated parking.

It has extra-large balcony with barbeque gas hook.

Washer, Dryer on Suite.

Dishwasher, fridge, gas / oven included

During business hours email me or text me, after business hours you can call me.

Available date- March end or 1st April.

Click this link to see the pictures of the condo.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-2-bedroom-apartments-condos/calgary/2-bedroom-hall-condo-basement-heated-parking/1053210595?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Regards
Nikhil
Cell- 587-433-8048 Email Address- nikhil_kalra@hotmail.com

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
Hello guys,

what are the chances of civil engineers with PMP?

Regards

Abiodun

fxA2014

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Visa Office......
London- BWJ
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 10
Doc's Request.
Photo request - Feb 5, Schedule A request (after CSE)- July 23
Nomination.....
29th Dec
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
Before fri 210815
Med's Done....
240815 by God's grace
Interview........
waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
070915 by God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
210915 by God's grace
LANDED..........
December 2015 by God's grace
Dear forumites,
What is the job prospect and salary/wages for a veterinary doctor planning to settle in Calgary or Edmonton? Thanks

NWAGOD

Jan 27, 2015
Hello friends,
I recently got my FSW visa and am planning to land in Calgary by April. Is there anyone who will be needing a housemate. I am a Nigerian. I will be glad to hear from you. Thanks

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
Dear All,

Please guide / advise me regarding the air tickets.

I am getting a good deal in Lufthansa which is having a transit in Frankfurt, Germany. I am a Pakistani Passport holder and will be travelling to Calgary / Toronto from Dammam for my first landing. Please let me know that will there be any requirement of visa etc in this connection of flight at Frankfurt Airport keeping in view that i am purchasing the ticket from the Lufthansa Airline Website...

Waiting for reply who can guide correctly based on personal/someone else experience...

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizwan150 said:
Dear All,

Please guide / advise me regarding the air tickets.

I am getting a good deal in Lufthansa which is having a transit in Frankfurt, Germany. I am a Pakistani Passport holder and will be travelling to Calgary / Toronto from Dammam for my first landing. Please let me know that will there be any requirement of visa etc in this connection of flight at Frankfurt Airport keeping in view that i am purchasing the ticket from the Lufthansa Airline Website...

Waiting for reply who can guide correctly based on personal/someone else experience...
Have you checked with the airline?

If you are transiting (flight connection, less than 24 hour delay), AND have a valid visa for Canada, probably not.

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Tax return for the year 2014 is in process now.

Some of us did a short landing, we landed and returned back to basis.... what is our fate? Do we file? how do we go about it?

Is there anyone that has done this from outside?

please what is the process.