Inshallah waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah in April 2015
Aquib said:
80k. Ottawa. You should be fine. You can live same life what u can afford for INR 20 Lacs in Chennai (except Servants and house maid ) You can get mortgage 5X your base salary. With 5% to 20% down.
Can afford small SUV. And live happily.
It will be bit tough if you wanna send your children to private school but public school are good enough.
Dear Sir,

Aslam u alikum,

I am i from Lahore. I am also planning to come to calgary in April 2015. Would you like to advise me and try to keep me in touch with you.

BR

Lightet

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
lighter said:
Dear Sir,

Aslam u alikum,

I am i from Lahore. I am also planning to come to calgary in April 2015. Would you like to advise me and try to keep me in touch with you.

BR

Lightet
Just send me email few week before landing.
All the best.

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Hi Everyone,
As the process of this immigration thing progresses,i need to reconfirm from forumites here...i originally intended to settle in Toronto due to jobs availability more than in other provinces,i don't have any relatives in Toronto but i have a relative in Saskatoon who is willing to accommodate my family and i for 3 months by which we would have settled down and understand Canada before thinking of moving to either Toronto or Calgary(He owns his own house anyway).I understand too that jobs are not as plenty in Saskatoon like in Toronto,My question is..is it possible after settling in Saskatoon,getting the PR card,SIN,Health covers and get survival job to get Canadian work experience and then later move to my desired city.what happens with health covers when i move to another province.

sarkhan

Aug 13, 2013
Aquib said:
Just send me email few week before landing.
All the best.
Anybody from Pakistan, who has recently landed Calgary as POE. Is it possible to use Calgary as POE from Pakistan? I didn't found any flight which is using khi-london-calgary. If anybody knows? Further, what if we don't have a choice to land Calgary directly then which is the most suitable POE (Toronto - Vancouver). How will it effect if we don't use POE of our destination (delay in PRC or in Health Card). How much time is save for taking connecting flight to Calgary? How baggage will be treated in domestic flights?

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
sarkhan said:
Anybody from Pakistan, who has recently landed Calgary as POE. Is it possible to use Calgary as POE from Pakistan? I didn't found any flight which is using khi-london-calgary. If anybody knows? Further, what if we don't have a choice to land Calgary directly then which is the most suitable POE (Toronto - Vancouver). How will it effect if we don't use POE of our destination (delay in PRC or in Health Card). How much time is save for taking connecting flight to Calgary? How baggage will be treated in domestic flights?
are u sure there isint any connecting flight from pak to Calgary. I know friends going to karachi from Calgary.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Job market is tight. Espically in Alberta due to Oil .

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Most of the Engg companies are laying of people in alberta now due to oil market down.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
ttrajan said:
Most of the Engg companies are laying of people in alberta now due to oil market down.
Its not just ENG company.
Even in Bank ; retail etc its hard to enter Without referance. Market was not like this 3 month ago. Hope its get back normal soon. I will say to all new comer to be prepare for 3 month average for getting job. Which was just 1 month average before.

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
amikety said:
As far as jobs, it depends on your field. Both cities have lots of jobs - focused in different areas. You can go to a job website and browse the openings in both cities to get an idea.

www.monster.ca
www.careerbuilder.ca
www.wowjobs.ca
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro-eng.aspx

Both cities are good for kids and rate well on the quality of life index.

In my opinion, the reason to live in Calgary versus Toronto is about the weather. It's dry in Calgary and very humid in Toronto. I grew up near Toronto, in the same humidity and I hate it!
Hello amikety,
I have asked the question on the general forum but nobody seems to care about my worries so i decided to pm you...with hope you will come to my rescue As the process of this immigration thing progresses,i need to confirm from you amikety here...i originally intended to settle in Toronto due to jobs availability more than in other provinces,i don't have any relatives in Toronto but i have a relative in Saskatoon who is willing to accommodate my family and i for 3 months by which we would have settled down and understand Canada before thinking of moving to either Toronto or Calgary(He owns his own house anyway).I understand too that jobs are not as plenty in Saskatoon like in Toronto,My question is..is it possible after settling in Saskatoon,getting the PR card,SIN,Health covers and move province?..note i am in the Accounts/Finance industry and my wife is of Marketing/Sales...Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gentleiphy said:
Hello amikety,
I have asked the question on the general forum but nobody seems to care about my worries so i decided to pm you...with hope you will come to my rescue As the process of this immigration thing progresses,i need to confirm from you amikety here...i originally intended to settle in Toronto due to jobs availability more than in other provinces,i don't have any relatives in Toronto but i have a relative in Saskatoon who is willing to accommodate my family and i for 3 months by which we would have settled down and understand Canada before thinking of moving to either Toronto or Calgary(He owns his own house anyway).I understand too that jobs are not as plenty in Saskatoon like in Toronto,My question is..is it possible after settling in Saskatoon,getting the PR card,SIN,Health covers and move province?..note i am in the Accounts/Finance industry and my wife is of Marketing/Sales...Thanks
Amikety has not been active lately, so she might not be able to make any response. Also, Saskatoon is in SK - so this is a wrong thread to ask this question.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bread - $2.30 instead of 1£
15 Egg - $ 4.99 instead of 2£
4 L milk $ 4.99 instead of £2.20

On top when we buy rice and dal etc that found to be over 2.5 rates then compare to UK.
Mathematics is bad.
Currency rate is 1 pound=1.9 CAD so bread is cheaper if you look around for bread of $1.97 each.
Eggs (do not know if there is 15. Usually eggs are in dozens) 2 pounds=$3.8 (in Superstore dozen of large eggs costs $2.67)
Milk 2.2 pounds= $4.18- not much more expensive.

AND on top of that wages in UK are LOWER than in Canada for the same job.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in Toronto due to jobs availability more than in other provinces,
And more people applying for those jobs too.
i don't have any relatives in Toronto but i have a relative in Saskatoon who is willing to accommodate my family and i for 3 months by which we would have settled down and understand Canada before thinking of moving to either Toronto or Calgary
Saskatoon is good too in terms of growing economy, thus job market. HOWEVER, I not sure if you will survive its climate :D. And to move again if you do not like SK- too expensive for a newcomer, IMHO.

Alberta is the best for now.

Gatawa04

Jan 9, 2014
Ipswich
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/01/2014
AOR Received.
28/02/2014
Med's Done....
25/01/2014
hi all

i have finally got my COPR a year to date on a spousal visa, but due to my medicals expiring mid february i am due to land in Calgary next week. I am currently studying for a Finance MSc and i have to come back to finish the course before i can move to Calgary permanently, just a few questions,
1. What is the landing process like , what do i need to prepare
2. i am not bringing anything to Canada as i have done a house clearance sale already and moved to university accommodation.
3. Job wise what are the prospects and timelines to getting a job , i have worked in banking before and part CFA qualified

Any help will be appreciated

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
sarkhan said:
Please check KLM Website and you will find the tickets for directly entering to Calgary. Their route is usually, Karachi to Abu Dhabi (Via Etihad but you will get ticket from KLM for the complete tour) then Abu Dhabi to Amsterdam (KLM), then Amsterdam to Calgary (KLM).

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gatawa04 said:
hi all

i have finally got my COPR a year to date on a spousal visa, but due to my medicals expiring mid february i am due to land in Calgary next week. I am currently studying for a Finance MSc and i have to come back to finish the course before i can move to Calgary permanently, just a few questions,
1. What is the landing process like , what do i need to prepare
2. i am not bringing anything to Canada as i have done a house clearance sale already and moved to university accommodation.
3. Job wise what are the prospects and timelines to getting a job , i have worked in banking before and part CFA qualified

Any help will be appreciated
Read post #1 from the very beginning, and you would know what the landing process is like. If you are not bringing anything to Canada, they just your passport and landing visa. Try to transfer to a local Canadian university because generally Canadian educated is more preferable in the workplace.