Med's Done....
Sep. 2012
Passport Req..
Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 2012
LANDED..........
July 2013 - Thanks To Jesus
List everything but only summarized, without details.

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
hi for me this is the most helpful post

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t36735.0.html;topicseen

jesusiloveu

Mar 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
Med's Request
feb 6
Med's Done....
march 11
Passport Req..
feb 6
VISA ISSUED...
Dm on 13 oct,got visa on October 24,2013
LANDED..........
December 5,2013
canadaforall said:
Hi Coolguy2010,
Well you know the way i feel about Canada is only my own feeling and opinion. I went back home and returned in April. So i have been here for 5 months only. I think i am a positive and i think things will improve, all needs time. My daughter loves it here so much and that makes me happy.

I have done a lot of things which i consider building my foundation. I am going to stay here for a long time and i am thinking of the long term and not short term.

1, I have passed my learners drivers exam, i have taken some security course and have passed the exam and ready to apply my license. Please do not ask me why i am a skilled worker and i am going to do security. I have done different survival jobs, 1, Warehouse, it was very difficult physically demanding and shift not regular, i left it, 2, I tried food and services the pay was horrible i left after 2 days and Lastly, i got one at a laundry of a hotel and that was better. I am there right now and the pay is not bad. It is very relaxing. My friend told me from the beginning that Security is the best survival job, but i did not see myself doing security, when i tried this other jobs, i decided to go and do the security from my own decision. I did a self study of the material and then wrote and past the exams. I will apply for license next week.

Right now, i am doing a health care aide course at the Bow Valley College and i got a grant to do that and i like it because the jobs are ready there and you do not have to worry about jobs. After that i will do the next level and move up. In this field the job market is guaranteed. After all i have a very good language backgrounds which will help me to do any course and work in any field in the health industry.

So i have made my plan and i am following it carefully i am not in any rush. I am a teacher by profession, but tell you the truth, it is a little hard to get into the profession as it is regulated and plus i am black and also i speak English with an accent they will complain and complain.

I am planning for my long term goal and sure i am at the right direction and i will move on. Experiences are different and some people are lucky , their fields are good and they can get jobs as they come in immediately.

I had advised some other people who have good jobs to check carefully before coming. One guy from my home country who is a doctor decided to return to our home country.

That is my Canadian experience for the 5 months i have lived here and i am loving it.

Hope it helps.

Dear friend,y teaching jobs are difficult?can we take private tution?

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
canadaforall said:
Hi Friend,
It depends on what you want to study. Some courses are online, but tell you the truth it is hard to do online courses , maybe it is only me. My opinion is there are some practical examples you get in class that it is hard to get online studies.

Hope it helps.

Canadaforall
Hi brother (canadaforall)
can u please pm me ur cell no. i am planning to do some course, like healthcare aide, would like to ur first hand experience from u .
thanks

atif

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Hi.
How everyone doing.

Its over a year we in Canada now.

Have seen quite few forum friends landed in Calgary and most of them are settle .

Please do share your stories.

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib said:
Hi.
How everyone doing.

Have seen quite few forum friends landed in Calgary and most of them are settle .

Hi Aquib, long time no see, how has the your experience been so far? we will be moving permanently in coming months

Shaukat57

Nov 3, 2010
Multan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with Application
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted along with application
File Transfer...
08-04-2011(RBVO) ,In-process with processing date:18 -o6-12
Med's Request
April 02,2013.
Med's Done....
29-April-2013
Interview........
Waived,Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 at 09-10-13, PPR-2 at 24-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
On-line Status:Decision Made at 26-10-13
LANDED..........
Planning
Aquib said:
Hi.
How everyone doing.

Hi Aquib,
We have recently got our passports back with visas,Alhamdulillah.
Our plan to land in calgary at Feb.02,2014.May need to seek help for getting some accomodation for a six membered family,in NE,prefferably near to school.Also seeking advice about stuff to bring in alongwith.It will be a great help.
Regards
Shaukat57

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
Aquib said:
Hi.
How everyone doing.

Hi Aquib, good to hear from you Bro. we are planning to land in Edmonton. I see thick snow :) how is life there?

God bless

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Wow.... i finally read this thread from page 1 to 80 and trust me it was really worth it....

Many thanks to "Amikety" and "Aquib".... i wish i could personally meet you guys when i land in Calgary.

Thanks for the knowledge you have all shared on this thread.

Tahirr

Oct 3, 2013
Assalam o alaekum ,

I am planing to land in Calgary and I want to ask 3 questions and need detailed information about these from all members.

1.I have international driving license, will it be helpful for me to get driving license in Canada, and/or my existing driving license will be enough and work in Canada.

2. I don't have relative in Calgary. At airport whose address should be given for PR card as my relatives and friends are in Toronto and Saskatchewan. I know we can't give an address of a hotel/motel ,cause we are planning to stay in a hotel/motel for a week to get a rented house, then we will be able to provide address for PR Card.

3.If I run some sort of business from house like boutique , do i have to attain a license for this business, even if i run it on web/Facebook etc.

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
Sent volunterily on 15 dec 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
Thanks guys for this informative post

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
Tahirr said:
Assalam o alaekum ,

I am planing to land in Calgary and I want to ask 3 questions and need detailed information about these from all members.

1.I have international driving license, will it be helpful for me to get driving license in Canada, and/or my existing driving license will be enough and work in Canada.

>> You can drive up to 3 months on your IDL.ALso u need to pass the thoritical exams and based on you IDL and after passing theoritical exam,you can appear directly for road test.

2. I don't have relative in Calgary. At airport whose address should be given for PR card as my relatives and friends are in Toronto and Saskatchewan. I know we can't give an address of a hotel/motel ,cause we are planning to stay in a hotel/motel for a week to get a rented house, then we will be able to provide address for PR Card.
>> Better to give any relatives/friends address.Or else you can check with your hotel if they can take the responsibility and send it to u /collect by u later.

3.If I run some sort of business from house like boutique , do i have to attain a license for this business, even if i run it on web/Facebook etc.
>> no idea.
Regards,
Edmonta

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Tahirr said:
Assalam o alaekum ,

Bro. You can drive car for 3 month in Alberta on international licence if u are PR .

Just let immigration officer know that u living in hotel and tell them u will fax PRC form once u find accommodation.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
gcctocanada said:
Hi Aquib, good to hear from you Bro. we are planning to land in Edmonton. I see thick snow :) how is life there?

God bless
In Calgary snow is not a prob at all if u got Car.

Weather go warm (near 0* c ) during winter many time due to Chinooks.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Shaukat57 said:
Hi Aquib,
We have recently got our passports back with visas,Alhamdulillah.
Our plan to land in calgary at Feb.02,2014.May need to seek help for getting some accomodation for a six membered family,in NE,prefferably near to school.Also seeking advice about stuff to bring in alongwith.It will be a great help.
Regards
Shaukat57
Congralts Bro just mgs me your BBM code and i will get in touch with you. Or join BBM group. Canada Visa.
And we can chat.