AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Then that must've mean that your phone is already unlocked. Which means you can just put a Canadian Sim card and use it here.

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
marsiangal said:
Then that must've mean that your phone is already unlocked. Which means you can just put a Canadian Sim card and use it here.
thanxxxx

sonu_rp

Feb 17, 2011
Hi friends,

I am planning to land in calgary on 16th sept 2013, with my family. I am looking for accomodation ( basement or apartment) in northeast area.

If any one know, please me in finding accomodation.

Pls send me PM or mail me on sonurpatel@gmail.com

Thanks

abhijeet9k

Jan 14, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 06-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application. Overall 8.0
File Transfer...
28-03-2012
Med's Request
04-12-2012 & RPRF Request Received
Med's Done....
3rd line updated - Meds Received 13/01/2013 & RPRF encashed 21/12/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2013
LANDED..........
Landed on 26-06-2013
sonu_rp said:
Hi friends,

I am planning to land in calgary on 16th sept 2013, with my family. I am looking for accomodation ( basement or apartment) in northeast area.

If any one know, please me in finding accomodation.

Pls send me PM or mail me on sonurpatel @ gmail.com

Thanks
Hi check
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-NE-real-estate-apartments-condos-W0QQCatIdZ37QQKeywordZNEQQisSearchFormZtrue

Will give u a idea on rental accommodations. ideally rental agents would want you to inspect the property and need a application form filled up. so you might have to stay in a hotel or long-stay suites till u find something good. else you can contact private advertisers too but do not do transaction of money before inspecting any property as you do get scammed.

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello everyone
I hve to purchase new android mobile so should i purchase frm india or from toronto? Which model and company should i purchase ?

sarkhan

Aug 13, 2013
Hello Amikety, Aquib. We are missing you hope u will continue posting valuable info.

I am waiting for PPR1. ECAS updated "medical have been received" on 20th June, 2013. RPRF fee was also cashed out in July, 2013. Should I expect my Visa this year or before of medical expiry of 6 June, 2014?

I have a good secure IT job in Pakistan and almost making CAD$ 4000 on monthly basis. It has become quite difficult for me to decide whether should I migrate or abandon the migration offer. If I migrate I will do it for my children as they may not be as fortunate in getting jobs as I have been so far.

Please guide me in making the decision as you people have better idea of life in Calgary.

amikety said:
Do they come with a nanny? If not, you're going to be paying me to be the nanny!!!! :p

SIJH

Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
MARCH 2013
Med's Done....
APRIL 2013
Interview........
NOT YET
Passport Req..
MARCH 2013
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
pritishah1180 said:
Hello everyone
I hve to purchase new android mobile so should i purchase frm india or from toronto? Which model and company should i purchase ?
Have you got your Visa

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sarkhan said:
Hello Amikety, Aquib. We are missing you hope u will continue posting valuable info.

I am waiting for PPR1. ECAS updated "medical have been received" on 20th June, 2013. RPRF fee was also cashed out in July, 2013. Should I expect my Visa this year or before of medical expiry of 6 June, 2014?

I have a good secure IT job in Pakistan and almost making CAD$ 4000 on monthly basis. It has become quite difficult for me to decide whether should I migrate or abandon the migration offer. If I migrate I will do it for my children as they may not be as fortunate in getting jobs as I have been so far.

Please guide me in making the decision as you people have better idea of life in Calgary.
Hi Sarkhan,
I have read through your post carefully and you have partly answered your own question.
Think about it carefully before taking the option. If i were you , i will take one month vacation land with my family and check it out here. Please do not resign from you job. Make sure during the one month you really check it out with the companies you wish to work with them, make your resume while in Pakistan and a week before landing you start sending it to the companies you think you will work with them and see the response.

Here many immigrants have to start with some survival jobs and others are lucky to get jobs in their fields. It all depends on the individuals.

Like you said you are coming for your children that is a good idea. I also did so, because of my child.

Canadaforall

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi,

U have landed last year. How do u feel after 1 yr in canada

How much it time takes for a person to settle in job.

For children, what are main advantages in education?

canadaforall said:
Hi Sarkhan,
I have read through your post carefully and you have partly answered your own question.
Think about it carefully before taking the option. If i were you , i will take one month vacation land with my family and check it out here. Please do not resign from you job. Make sure during the one month you really check it out with the companies you wish to work with them, make your resume while in Pakistan and a week before landing you start sending it to the companies you think you will work with them and see the response.

Here many immigrants have to start with some survival jobs and others are lucky to get jobs in their fields. It all depends on the individuals.

Like you said you are coming for your children that is a good idea. I also did so, because of my child.

Canadaforall

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
coolguy2010 said:
Hi,

U have landed last year. How do u feel after 1 yr in canada

How much it time takes for a person to settle in job.

For children, what are main advantages in education?
Hi Coolguy2010,
Well you know the way i feel about Canada is only my own feeling and opinion. I went back home and returned in April. So i have been here for 5 months only. I think i am a positive and i think things will improve, all needs time. My daughter loves it here so much and that makes me happy.

I have done a lot of things which i consider building my foundation. I am going to stay here for a long time and i am thinking of the long term and not short term.

1, I have passed my learners drivers exam, i have taken some security course and have passed the exam and ready to apply my license. Please do not ask me why i am a skilled worker and i am going to do security. I have done different survival jobs, 1, Warehouse, it was very difficult physically demanding and shift not regular, i left it, 2, I tried food and services the pay was horrible i left after 2 days and Lastly, i got one at a laundry of a hotel and that was better. I am there right now and the pay is not bad. It is very relaxing. My friend told me from the beginning that Security is the best survival job, but i did not see myself doing security, when i tried this other jobs, i decided to go and do the security from my own decision. I did a self study of the material and then wrote and past the exams. I will apply for license next week.

Right now, i am doing a health care aide course at the Bow Valley College and i got a grant to do that and i like it because the jobs are ready there and you do not have to worry about jobs. After that i will do the next level and move up. In this field the job market is guaranteed. After all i have a very good language backgrounds which will help me to do any course and work in any field in the health industry.

So i have made my plan and i am following it carefully i am not in any rush. I am a teacher by profession, but tell you the truth, it is a little hard to get into the profession as it is regulated and plus i am black and also i speak English with an accent they will complain and complain.

I am planning for my long term goal and sure i am at the right direction and i will move on. Experiences are different and some people are lucky , their fields are good and they can get jobs as they come in immediately.

I had advised some other people who have good jobs to check carefully before coming. One guy from my home country who is a doctor decided to return to our home country.

That is my Canadian experience for the 5 months i have lived here and i am loving it.

Hope it helps.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Thx canadaforall, wish u all the best

canadaforall said:
Hi Coolguy2010,
Well you know the way i feel about Canada is only my own feeling and opinion. I went back home and returned in April. So i have been here for 5 months only. I think i am a positive and i think things will improve, all needs time. My daughter loves it here so much and that makes me happy.

I have done a lot of things which i consider building my foundation. I am going to stay here for a long time and i am thinking of the long term and not short term.

1, I have passed my learners drivers exam, i have taken some security course and have passed the exam and ready to apply my license. Please do not ask me why i am a skilled worker and i am going to do security. I have done different survival jobs, 1, Warehouse, it was very difficult physically demanding and shift not regular, i left it, 2, I tried food and services the pay was horrible i left after 2 days and Lastly, i got one at a laundry of a hotel and that was better. I am there right now and the pay is not bad. It is very relaxing. My friend told me from the beginning that Security is the best survival job, but i did not see myself doing security, when i tried this other jobs, i decided to go and do the security from my own decision. I did a self study of the material and then wrote and past the exams. I will apply for license next week.

Right now, i am doing a health care aide course at the Bow Valley College and i got a grant to do that and i like it because the jobs are ready there and you do not have to worry about jobs. After that i will do the next level and move up. In this field the job market is guaranteed. After all i have a very good language backgrounds which will help me to do any course and work in any field in the health industry.

So i have made my plan and i am following it carefully i am not in any rush. I am a teacher by profession, but tell you the truth, it is a little hard to get into the profession as it is regulated and plus i am black and also i speak English with an accent they will complain and complain.

I am planning for my long term goal and sure i am at the right direction and i will move on. Experiences are different and some people are lucky , their fields are good and they can get jobs as they come in immediately.

I had advised some other people who have good jobs to check carefully before coming. One guy from my home country who is a doctor decided to return to our home country.

That is my Canadian experience for the 5 months i have lived here and i am loving it.

Hope it helps.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
coolguy2010 said:
Thx canadaforall, wish u all the best
Yes i am a positive thinker and know all is going to work out well. all is only to be determined to work hard.

Canadaforall.

newincalgary

Jun 6, 2013
canadaforall said:
Hi Coolguy2010,

1, I have passed my learners drivers exam, i have taken some security course and have passed the exam and ready to apply my license. Please do not ask me why i am a

You rock man and you are a super star. I really liked your determination and I bet you are a winner. Stay focused and success is running your way. 8)

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
canadaforall said:

Hope it helps.
Hi Bro,

You landed in Calgary or Edmonton? ..with those survival jobs your did, how was the hiring process? .Thanks for sharing

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gcctocanada said:
Hi Bro,

You landed in Calgary or Edmonton? ..with those survival jobs your did, how was the hiring process? .Thanks for sharing
I landed in Calgary. It is difficult to get hired because you must have Canadian experience. So i just applied at different agencies and you call and let them know when you are available and you will be sent to go and work.

Things are gradually coming down to normal.

The beginning was so hard but there are hopes.

Rita