Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Happy birthday! & Congratulations, nice timing with the COPR
Thank you! The timing was rather awesome :)

visaworld

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
Med's Request
8 nov2012
amikety said:
You'll will need to do one of two things - either apply for Travel Documents to return to Canada or use a friend/relatives address for landing and have them mail you the PR card.

If you're visa exempt, you may be able to get away with not doing either, but if you require a visa, you will need the TD just to get on a flight back to Canada.

hi,

i want to clear one doubt, when we leave canada without reciving our first pr card,the airport staf will not ask for the pr card to travel outside canada.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
visaworld said:
hi,

i want to clear one doubt, when we leave canada without reciving our first pr card,the airport staf will not ask for the pr card to travel outside canada.
No, to leave they will ask for your passport. They will only need your PR card if you are traveling to a country that accepts PR cards without a visa (and you need a visa).

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaworld said:
hi,

When leaving Canada, No. When entering Canada, Yes.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Well, I have landed and applied for my SIN. Highlights:

Border Patrol (USA) allowed my husband to enter the USA without stamping his passport or asking any questions. This includes not verifying my COPR. :O Of course, we did a quick turn around, but still! I thought they would at least verify my COPR. The guy was nice though. (For anyone that doesn't know, I am a US citizen.)

CBSA was stern. Not rude, but stern. No "Welcome to Canada." I got that today instead, from a Mexican woman working in the Registry :) (And my first comment was about how great Mexicans are - my husband rolls his eyes.) She asked what states I had lived in and collected my old Visitor's Records. The guy in the office when we entered was being a jerk, so I guess he fouled their moods because she did show some improvement from when we first arrived to when we left. (He had a DUI and they required him to get a Visitor's Record - so he had to spend $75 to enter. They could have refused him entry as well - he should feel lucky although I do understand his point because the DUI was 30 years old.)

Applying for the SIN had a long wait, but the process was easy. They will ask for your parent's names, including your mother's maiden name. If I had known, I would've prepared a typed statement because my mother's maiden name is very hard to spell.

I also interviewed for a job today. They called me back for a second interview on Saturday already.

I also changed my name to my married name officially. My husband grinned from ear to ear. :) He's so cute.

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
Happy birthday amikety... God bless you more.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
If anyone is interested, we will be renting a room furnished with bed, dresser, tables, and linens starting Sept 1 (although we can take someone before that date if everything is wrapped up, but you may be required to help us move in exchange :p). You will also have access to our pots, dishes, cups, etc. It is only myself, my husband, and 1 cat. You must be nice to my cat. We are okay with singles or couples. We will ask for a 6 month lease with the option to extend afterwards.

If you are going to land anytime in September or October, we are willing to hold a room with a security deposit once you are approved.

We are also willing to help you as we can. We will both be working and I am still studying, but - for example - if we go to the grocery and you want to ride with us, we will bring you as long as you are home.

You will have to pass security screening from our landlord (should be easy if you got a visa) and you will have to speak with my husband before we make any agreements.

We are seeking someone that wants a nice, quiet place to live, won't blast music super loud, is respectful of the other roommates and hopefully someone that can become our friend. We will have to be strict in picking someone and with the rules, but for the most part, we are pretty easy going as long as you are respectful and nice.

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011 Received by CIO: 13-04-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application (Overall 7.0)
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
Excellent help amikety! I really second your willingness to help others here in the forum!

amikety said:
If anyone is interested, we will be renting a room furnished with bed, dresser, tables, and linens starting Sept 1 (although we can take someone before that date if everything is wrapped up, but you may be required to help us move in exchange :p). You will also have access to our pots, dishes, cups, etc. It is only myself, my husband, and 1 cat. You must be nice to my cat. We are okay with singles or couples. We will ask for a 6 month lease with the option to extend afterwards.

If you are going to land anytime in September or October, we are willing to hold a room with a security deposit once you are approved.

We are also willing to help you as we can. We will both be working and I am still studying, but - for example - if we go to the grocery and you want to ride with us, we will bring you as long as you are home.

You will have to pass security screening from our landlord (should be easy if you got a visa) and you will have to speak with my husband before we make any agreements.

We are seeking someone that wants a nice, quiet place to live, won't blast music super loud, is respectful of the other roommates and hopefully someone that can become our friend. We will have to be strict in picking someone and with the rules, but for the most part, we are pretty easy going as long as you are respectful and nice.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
betterfuture said:
Excellent help amikety! I really second your willingness to help others here in the forum!
If only I got more responses :p

I really feel passionately about helping newcomers. I've already told my husband my 'dream plan' if we ever win big on the lottery. He thinks I'm nuts but said okay :p

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011 Received by CIO: 13-04-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application (Overall 7.0)
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
amikety said:
If only I got more responses :p

I really feel passionately about helping newcomers. I've already told my husband my 'dream plan' if we ever win big on the lottery. He thinks I'm nuts but said okay :p
Hahaha! I wish you won the big pot!

thanks god there are people who still want to help others !

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
betterfuture said:
Rent cost varies depending on what you want. Listed below what I've seen so far:

1) shared accommodation 1 bedroom shared bathroom : +500 CAD including utilities, cable, and mostly furnished

2) shared accommodation 1 bedroom with in suit bathroom :+- 650 CAD all included

3) basement 1 bed 1 bathroom : @ 850 to 1200 CAD, It depended on what the landlord offers with the rent

4) houses: I don't have the idea since I'm single and don't need it yet

5) condos: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms , unfurnished , no utilities incjuded, @ 1600 CAD

All of this are referenced for living in the north centre area.

Good luck,
Hi,

Thanks for the excellent summary.

Regards,
Fuad

rao_ashraf

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
LVO
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011 MI2
Nomination.....
In process July 2012
Med's Request
DEC 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Passport Req..
Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
FEB 10, 2014
LANDED..........
June 2014 Inshallah
amikety said:

oh strict condtions, i will take it later

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
rao_ashraf said:
oh strict condtions, i will take it later
Send me a PM if you're interested with the conditions and I will let you know if it's doable.

newincalgary

Jun 6, 2013
amikety said:
If anyone is interested, we will be renting a room furnished with bed, dresser, tables, and linens starting Sept 1 (although we can take someone before that date if everything is wrapped up, but you may be required to help us move in exchange :p). You will also have access to our pots, dishes, cups, etc. It is only myself, my husband, and 1 cat. You must be nice to my cat. We are okay with You will have to pass security screening from our landlord (should be easy if you got a visa) and you will have to speak with my husband before we make any agreements.

if you wish you can have my two very quite n cute boys :p aging 5 & 3 as your tenants, surely no loud music and are very peaceful :eek: ..... so that we get a better place to live 8)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
newincalgary said:
if you wish you can have my two very quite n cute boys :p aging 5 & 3 as your tenants, surely no loud music and are very peaceful :eek: ..... so that we get a better place to live 8)

Do they come with a nanny? If not, you're going to be paying me to be the nanny!!!! :p