Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Aquib said:
I say Luck and Positive thinking followed by knowledge , Experience and Qualification.
Trust me , i feel CV and interview skills was imp but not as much like remaining .

I applied online.

Job what I choose/got is littlebit over 50K (first one above 60k demand me out of Calgary for Training and future travel as well so I turn that offer down due to personal reasons) .

Canada is land of opportunities and they do respect your knowledge .

Also if someone wants to work in regulated occupations they they do need licences but they can get a job if they convence employer that they looking ahead to gain licence alongwith getting Canadian work experience .

If a employer come across 2 candidate with similer skills and knowledge then they will go towards one who got some good qualification . Thats another thing that qualifications from Western country have more weightage (no comments why ) .
Great post....thank you so much for sharing these stories!!! :)

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Aquib said:
No comments friend .
Just to let you know , i am happy with package I got but in my friends (4-5 Indian/Paki fam whom we met yet) said that in tech. Job That could make much more money in even less time .
One of my friend here working in petrolium drilling and they took him to north every time for 10-15 days then give him 4-7 days holiday. They took him every 15 day by plain and return back to calgary after 10-15 days . He getting 90k and winter 4 months off.

Other friend working as elec eng also making 80+ K.

Means you can get what you deserve .

Thats what they made FSW category for .

Please mind it , here if you got skills then you will find your job , sometime quickley sometime after little bit struggle.

Remember , amount of sky you see sometime* depends upon size of window .
I say sometime because not everyone got ability to get 100k job but one who has them can also get only when they have trust in themselve .

All the best guys.
Another good shot Aquib Bhai...go ahead!!! :)

hussey16

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Sydney Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
DEC 2012
Aquib bhai can u please provide me ur contact need to talk bro plz pm ur number

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
bafh said:
Hi friends ...
I intend to land in Calgary next month with three kids , my son is senior (17 years) and my daughter is junior (16 years).
could I enroll them at school at the same home stage ? is there's any condition to enroll them ?
I will be appreciate if you can advice me .
regards.......
There wont be a prob. They will get addmission to nearest school according to there age

Dec 9, 2009
Dear Aquib i read your post thread today and i like it. You have did really a wonderful job,i really appreciate your patient in describing your personal experience in comprehensive way. While reading your posts i guess that you are person of helping nature. If you don't mind can you give me your phone number so that i can talk to you. Even i am an Indian living in Toronto since 2010.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
hussey16 said:
Aquib bhai can u please provide me ur contact need to talk bro plz pm ur number
Hi
I pm you my number. That dell voice number so only work when i in home.

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
Aquib Bhai you are doing a wonderful job by starting this thread,keep it up.Even I am contemplating to move Calgary very soon so could you give your email address which is hidden and i can take some suggestions and advice from you before moving to Calgary.

Dec 9, 2009
Dear brother Aquib i am planning to move Calgary in the first week of February is a good idea or shall i have to wait till April.What is your opinion and i also want to take your help in finding accommodation in Calgary

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
21685 said:
Dear brother Aquib i am planning to move Calgary in the first week of February is a good idea or shall i have to wait till April.What is your opinion and i also want to take your help in finding accommodation in Calgary
If you could, try to avoid landing in Calgary in February or March. The weather is extreme as well as hiring is slow during those months. How comfortable are you to spend your savings without working?

Dec 9, 2009
Thank you brother scorpoin_ca for your response, dear brother are you living in Calgary if so which part.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
21685 said:
Hi,
I won't say you to differ landing just due to jobs , as I believe job is more related to your luck then more or less availability. But I agree with Scorpion, that you should differ your landing for few month due to weather .

One Reason , currently temp is in minus and its snowing (snow 2-3 time in last 2 weeks) , will be normal if you coming from European country but if you coming from hot country then this sudden change will be new for you and you not be comfortable waiting for bus to travel around, also this is not good time to start driving .

If you come here before or after snow season then you will saw a changes in weather simultaneously and you will easily get use to it , and got time for prepare yourself for snow.

Again , if you got some friends and relatives with whom you can stay then you can come without any fear of current weather.

But do not get disappoint , even if you land in snow season, you can manage yourself , life don't stop in snow, just get bit slow , like for people in professional/tech job, they will get to understand market, clear up there licensing . For other , you will get time to understand place, got even more time to research about better places for work, especially people landing in winter will be mentally prepare to wait couple of month before getting job so if you get anything quicker then you are gainer but if it took you two month then you won't be a loser.

Also , yesterday I went to Asian shop, and saw few handwritten adverts for house/basement rental,
Not sure if it's good idea but I am posting those adverts phone number so if you need accommodation then call and enquire yourself about rent , no of rooms etc may be it help you in finding your accommodation.
Numbers are (I just noted number and didn't noted other details ) 4033993592, 4305904890/6814890, 4035901071, 4036893913. These advert where in shop named OK general store so I assume houses should be in NE near Rundle area, Calgary .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Harri said:
Dear Aquib,

I wish and pray for a happy and successful life for you in Canada.
We are fortunate to have a positive minded and helping person like you. Please keep us posted and ignore the negative remarks.
I am making my mind to come to Calgary and will request you for guidance and comments. I also have no one in Calgary but I got a lot of encouragement from your posts.
Thanks bro,
Looks like you will get your PR in a month time, so when you planning to Land ?

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
salmi105 said:
Hi all, i arrived in Calgary last Friday and currently looking for an apartment or basement near an LRT, anyone with info please send me a PM.

@ Aquib: i sent you a PM too, but you did not reply yet, i hope everything is settling well with you
Hi bro,
How u doing ?