+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience - 17th Jan 2019 - Flagpoling - Lewiston Bridge - Took just 20 mins to become a PR

october9

Nov 17, 2015
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Today I received COPR and am planning to go to border next week.

I have a question regarding to PR card and photos.

1. Did you take a new photo for landing or PR card?

I got back my photos along the copr document but I am wondering whether we can re-use the photos for PR card.

2. How is the process of PR card? Did you apply for PR card by after become PR?

Thanks in advance!

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
1. Yeah I sent fresh clicks from a shoppers drug mart, as I read on one of the forums that they click accurate. These pics are slightly bigger in size. This same came pasted on my CoPR also. And once I get my PR card, it will be there too.
2. Once I did my landing, the officer stapled my signed CoPR and said you'll get you PR card in 4-8 weeks. So I didn't do any additional step for that.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Today I received COPR and am planning to go to border next week.

I have a question regarding to PR card and photos.

1. Did you take a new photo for landing or PR card?

I got back my photos along the copr document but I am wondering whether we can re-use the photos for PR card.

2. How is the process of PR card? Did you apply for PR card by after become PR?

Thanks in advance!
1. Yeah I sent fresh clicks from a shoppers drug mart, as I read on one of the forums that they click accurate. These pics are slightly bigger in size. This same came pasted on my CoPR also. And once I get my PR card, it will be there too.
2. Once I did my landing, the officer stapled my signed CoPR and said you'll get you PR card in 4-8 weeks. So I didn't do any additional step for that.

2018cecsep

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Hi @myra20sharma,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have several questions if you can kindly answer.
1.I can only flagpole on Tuesday to Thursday, is that true?
2. I heard CBSA has limited daily quota. If I am late for the day, they won't accept my landing.
3. I don't drive car, is that possible to do flagpole?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi @myra20sharma,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have several questions if you can kindly answer.
2. I heard CBSA has limited daily quota. If I am late for the day, they won't accept my landing.
1. Yes it's from Tues-Thurs, 8AM-Midnight
2. Yes they do, but when I was at Lewiston, there were just two people before me. And there were like 10 counters open, so didn't take much time. Lewiston is never busy. I was asked to avoid Rainbow Bridge and Peace Bridge for same reason.
3. I'd suggest find someone to go with you, on forums. People are doing carpooling.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi @myra20sharma,
How did it work out for you?

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
How did it work out for you?
I think it will not be same case every time. I had to try 3 times on Tuesday (2/26/19) to have the officer allow me to enter into the interview waiting room. As I drove from US to Canada, I didnot had to Flagpole and so it was easy for me to attempt multiple entries from Canada side.
Canada officer didnot allow me for interview at Rainbow bridge at around 8:45 AM due to limited slots, then same case with Queenston bridge at 9:15 AM. But they allowed me at 12 PM at queenston bridge on my 3rd attempt.

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
I think it will not be same case every time. I had to try 3 times on Tuesday (2/26/19) to have the officer allow me to enter into the interview waiting room. As I drove from US to Canada, I didnot had to Flagpole and so it was easy for me to attempt multiple entries from Canada side.
Canada officer didnot allow me for interview at Rainbow bridge at around 8:45 AM due to limited slots, then same case with Queenston bridge at 9:15 AM. But they allowed me at 12 PM at queenston bridge on my 3rd attempt.
Did you flagpole each time? Or were you just making U-turns at the border, without going through the US border?

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Did you flagpole each time? Or were you just making U-turns at the border, without going through the US border?
That's correct. Only first time, I entered from US with B1 visa. Then I just took U-Turn at border without going to US border again. And each time, I mentioned that "I stayed in US last night", when they asked whether I did 'Flagpoling'.

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Important think is - Niagara border - Queenston Lewiston, Rainbow and Peace bridges are not accepting landing process or WP process from Friday - Monday. So, Tuesday morning hours are likely to be busy with applicants and chances are high to either send back or ask to come back after couple of hours. I felt Rainbow bridge officers were very strict and they are not allowing more than 20 per day. Queenston Lewiston was not specific about no. of applicants, but it all depends on the officer.

yaadman

Jul 17, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
I have a valid us Visa, I plan on going to Niagara (US Side) Monday March 4th spend the night at a hotel or something then return early by 8 AM Tuesday morning March 5th. Which bridge is the best one to try? Im driving from Toronto.

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
I have a valid us Visa, I plan on going to Niagara (US Side) Monday March 4th spend the night at a hotel or something then return early by 8 AM Tuesday morning March 5th. Which bridge is the best one to try? Im driving from Toronto.
It purely depends on the person you meet at the booth :( . Officer at Rainbow bridge didnot allow me and told me they have limit of only 20 per day and its already done by the time I reach at 8:45 AM.

I prefer Queenston-Lewiston bridge, but try to be there by 8 AM. I heard some ppl start waiting from 5:30 AM itself.

Queenston guys at least told me to come back after 2 hours and it worked for me. Advantage with Queenston is, you can just take U-Turn to Canada border (right after duty free building) before entering US border, so that you don't need to enter US again during your second attempt. You can still tell him, you came from US this morning and he will allow you if there are slots.

Reactions: yaadman

soso40

Mar 1, 2019
Hi All!

All the best if you are still waiting for PPR and Congratulations if you have received yours.

I received my passport on 15th January and decided to do Xender Discord Omegle landing by scheduling a landing interview, but by looking at the timelines it was taking approximately 2 weeks from requesting to 'schedule an interview' to the actual schedule date. So, to curtail that timing, I and my dependent decided to flagpole on 17th Jan. We drove to Lewiston Bridge (Niagara-on-the-Lakes) and reached around 2:00 PM, we reached the US bridge. The US officer asked us "What is the purpose of travel?". We said "We want to flagpole to confirm our PR for Canada". She asked us for our passports, did something on her computer and asked us to drive to another officer just 80 meters away from our car and get the flagpole document. We drove there (didn't get out of the car even once), he gave us a paper saying reason to enter - 'FLAGPOLE'. This in total took just 6-7 minutes. We took that and took a U-turn towards Canada's border. There again we were stopped at the checkpoint and the Canadian officer asked, "when did you go to US?" and took our passports. We answered, "Few minutes ago.". She asked all sorts of questions, "do you have any duty free stuff?", "any groceries?", "any alcohol or cannabis?" etc. This must be a standard procedure. To all these questions, our answer was NO. She then returned our passports with a yellow paper and asked us to park and go to Canada Immigration office just 50 meters from the checkpoint.

We went inside and there was just one guy in waiting area. We went to counter and told the officer that we are here for our landing and the officer asked for our yellow document, flagpole document and of course passports (not the COPR documents, yet) and asked us to wait. In next 2-3 minutes another officer called us and took our COPRs. He asked us to put our address and phone number and made us sign our respective COPR and asked us to wait. He called us again after a minute and congratulated us on becoming Canadian PR. Stapled our copy of COPR and gave some standard instructions about "not leaving the country" etc. He asked for our WPs and shredded them, as they were no longer valid.

This entire process, excluding the drive from Toronto to Lewiston bridge LOL, took 20 minutes max. We became PR, after such a long wait (from AOR till yesterday).

PS - We didn't have a US visa at all. :)

Hope this would be helpful for you all!

Thanks!
you inform CIC that you would be doing flagpole and asked for an appointment to schedule landing interview at border.

Last edited: