+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience : 11th Jan 2022 from Delhi to Montreal (DEL-YUL) using Air Canada direct flight

Prateek007

Oct 14, 2019
Okay, what does your profile say? Isnt it at approved ? Sending you a similar case over dm. Please check.
Profile says "Your profile is in process" but in the other hand the last message I have is of request letter for passport. After that I sent the passports and got them stamped but profile didn't got updated

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Profile says "Your profile is in process" but in the other hand the last message I have is of request letter for passport. After that I sent the passports and got them stamped but profile didn't got updated
Okk, that seems to be the issue. Anyways, would suggest get in touch through Delhi immigration email id to sort things out. Good luck

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
I can relate as to why you would want to fly Air Canada. Here is my experience -

1. Check in - Both were smooth, found no difference as such
2. On time performance - Air Canada was on time, Air India was delayed by over 4 hrs (although they did call on time to inform about the delay)
3. On board services -
a. Meals - Air Canada served 3 times that included dinner, mid flight light snacks and breakfast. Air India served two meals - lunch and snacks. The portions and quality were again comparable, didn't find much of a difference. Note the duration of Air India was 9 hrs, so two meals were as expected. Also the comparison is based on Veg Indian meals which I prefer during flights.
b. In Flight entertainment system - Air Canada is big time winner here. It did have decent content, plus was smooth in performance.
c. Seats and Leg space - This was the most painful area. Air Canada seats for their Economy Lite and Flex are terrible in terms of space. You wont be able to sustain a 14 hrs flight. So book Economy Latitude/ Premium Economy/ Business Class on Air Canada. Air India is winner here.
d. Cleanliness - Again comparable, nothing to differentiate

Baggage claims was again okay, clear announcements and on time delivery.

I would still recommend Air Canada, however just by over a small margin (3.5/5) to Air India (3.2/5).

Happy to answer if you have any further queries.
Can you please elaborate on Economy lite , flux and latitude ? I am not seeing any option to select them and air tickets only show economy. Thanks in advance

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Can you please elaborate on Economy lite , flux and latitude ? I am not seeing any option to select them and air tickets only show economy. Thanks in advance
Click on fare under Economy class, it will show you 3 options - Lite, Flex and Latitude

Rp kaur

Feb 12, 2022
Hello.

I did my landing on Tue 11th Jan 2022 from Delhi to Montreal by Air Canada direct flight. I travelled further to Vancouver as my final destination.

Sharing hereby my experience which might help those who are planning to travel shortly.

Background

Refer my signature details for detailed milestones. I am pre March 2020 expired CoPR holder and was stamped with new visa and CoPR in Aug 2021

Documents to carry:
  • COPR (both copies)
  • Passport
  • CoVID 19 report ( for travelling directly from India, the only acceptable report is from Genstrings Lab situated at Terminal 3 of IGI Delhi Airport)
  • ArriveCAN receipt
  • Proof of Vaccination
Pre Departure preparation:
  • I landed in Delhi on 10th Jan morning around 6.45 am at terminal 3 of airport.
  • As you get out of the terminal gates, ascend to floor where the terminal building connectsto metro station. Connecting bridge has the lab where CoVID samples needs to be provided.
  • I had pre booked the RTPCR test for 9.00 am. However I landed much before the appointment time, I went for testing at lab around 8.15 am ( Montreal flight from Delhi leaves at 1.55 am, so 18 hrs before the time meant the earliest I could provide sample was 7.55 am ). However, the lab opens testing at 8.30 am , so I had to wait for 15-20 mins.
  • Sample collection was fast and simple process. Test was conducted at 8.35 am and I received soft copy of results at 11.30 am.
  • Stayed at sleeping pods for 12 hrs from 9.00 am to 9.00 pm situated at MLCP building of terminal 3.
  • Arrived at airport at 9.10 pm, went to collect hard copy of CoVID report. The desk is located at gate 8 of departures. Again, I was asked to wait till 9.40 pm to collect the report. Once done, went to Air Canada check in counters located at pillar D.
Check in, Immigration and Security at DEL :
  • At check in counters they verify - Passport, CoPR, ArriveCAN receipt, CoVID report. This was my experience. however please keep vaccination certificate ready in case asked for. I noticed a lot of people were turned away because of lack of documents, so please do your homework of what documents are needed.
  • Immigration was simple, no questions asked. Checked passport, boarding pass.
  • Security was smooth as well.
  • Long queues for Immigration and Security, so ensure you have enough time at hand.
  • Flight was delayed by 30 mins, took off at 2.30 am local time on 11th Jan and landed at Montreal at 6.00 am local time

Immigration formalities at YUL:
  • Once you land, you’ll make your way to immigration and punch in your details at the kiosk. Enter details like where you’re traveling from, purpose of your visit, customs declaration, vaccination confirmation, if you’ve been to any high risk places etc.
  • Print out a kiosk form here and take that to the immigration officer. This process is pretty quick. A single form for family suffices.
  • The immigration officer will check your passport, verbally confirm your vaccination status, affix a sticker(for fully vaccinated travelers as well) and direct you to secondary immigration depending upon your visa category (PR, Student, Work, Visitor etc.). I was directed to Immigration 1.
  • IRCC website says the the Govt. of Canada would gradually make is compulsory for all Intl travelers to undergo testing at airport. However this rule is already in place and everyone (apart from those who were in the US for 14 or more days prior to landing in Canada) now has to under on arrival testing
  • At secondary immigration, you will be allocated a number and will be asked to wait till your number is displayed. We were fortunate to be the first one in queue
  • Tell the officer you’re there to complete your residency landing. Hand over passport and COPR.
  • Routine questions about whether you’ve married or had kids since the COPR, changes in circumstances etc.
  • Was asked questions about whether you’ve been convicted of crimes or asked to leave Canada etc.
  • Officer did NOT ask on how much cash I’m carrying in Canadian dollars, goods to follow and accompanying goods, but keep this figure handy (above 10k CAD has to be declared) if asked for.
  • Need to sign CoPR at 3 places on both the copies. Officer does also sign both the copies. This is very important and proof that you completed landing before your documents expired, so make sure your copy of the CoPR IS SIGNED AND DATED BY THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER.
  • Was asked to update the address where the PR card needs to be delivered.
  • They’ll then stamp the passport, take your picture and cancel/cross out out the COPR visa (since it’s single entry visa).
  • They’ll give you instructions about maintaining your residency and how to travel internationally before the PR card is delivered.
  • After this, you will be directed to undertake RTPCR test. In each province, different vendor is assigned to conduct this test. Make sure you are aware of it, pre register to testing to avoid last minute hassle. (link - https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#arrival)
  • You’re free to leave after this. Since I had a connecting flight to Vancouver, I moved to departures located a level above
  • It took around 20 mins from time I de-boarded the aircraft to the time I of out of arrivals. Everything was super smooth.
Other notes:
  • I did carry my whole PR application package with me. This included proof of funds (most recent bank statement), IELTS score, WES degree assessment, India PCC, Marriage certificate, photos etc. I was not asked for any of these documents though.
  • The picture copy of the CoPR is what they use to produce your PR card. The non-picture copy is for your records.
  • Please make sure you are aware of latest entry and testing requirements in Canada (https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid)
  • Dynacare, who conducts the on arrival testing at YUL airport, informed that results will be out in 4-5 days. I need to quarantine till then.
  • I had high hopes from Air Canada, however having now travelled both Air India and Air Canada on international trips, I found very minimal differences between the two :)
If anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out to me. Thanks and good luck to everyone here!

PS: This is my experience of all the processes and documents, others may have something else. So, I repeat, please be aware of latest requirements
Hi ..thanks for this post. I am planning to book my flight to ottawa via montreal. Am i allowed to land in montreal being a fsw pr applicant. Some people are recommending not to land in montreal as it is in Quebec and it could be risky. What do you say?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi ..thanks for this post. I am planning to book my flight to ottawa via montreal. Am i allowed to land in montreal being a fsw pr applicant. Some people are recommending not to land in montreal as it is in Quebec and it could be risky. What do you say?
There is no need to worry. My experience was smooth, no questions asked. The officer didnt even ask for my connections. I dont see any issue with PR applicants landing in Montreal

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
I recently landed via Montreal as well to come to Toronto. There were no issues. It was pretty straight forward. I was worried too but decided to take the risk as my preferred airline fly to Montreal only.

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Hi Guys,

My connection flight at Chicago O'Hare's (ORD) to Toronto have only 2 hrs 15 mins . Do you think this is sufficient for the check in?

arsdat

Apr 23, 2022
I carried some in form of Forex card initially. Bank account opening is very comfortable here, will transfer from Indian account to Canadian one.
Hi, Can you please guide what did you carry as proof of funds? Will the Indian bank statement of past 6 months showing balance in INR along with bank letter approximate amount in CAD would suffice? Or do they proof of funds in CAD only? I am planning some cash and some in forex card. And later on after opening the canada bank account, transfer amount to that account from Indian account?

arsdat

Apr 23, 2022
Hi, Can you also please guide what address you provided for PR card delivery? I am planning to do soft landing but don't have any Canadian address with me. Will UPS Mailbox address would suffice for PR card purpose? Thank you

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, Can you please guide what did you carry as proof of funds? Will the Indian bank statement of past 6 months showing balance in INR along with bank letter approximate amount in CAD would suffice? Or do they proof of funds in CAD only? I am planning some cash and some in forex card. And later on after opening the canada bank account, transfer amount to that account from Indian account?
Sorry, what is your intention here? You want to know what pof is acceptable at the time of landing OR how to carry money to Canada?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, Can you also please guide what address you provided for PR card delivery? I am planning to do soft landing but don't have any Canadian address with me. Will UPS Mailbox address would suffice for PR card purpose? Thank you
Provided my friend's address. I am not sure, but ups mailbox isnt acceptable. However do verify before you decide.

arsdat

Apr 23, 2022
Sorry, what is your intention here? You want to know what pof is acceptable at the time of landing OR how to carry money to Canada?
Thanks. yeah question is what pof is acceptable at the time of landing? For single applicant, the minimum requirement is around 14K CAD. Do we need to show 14K CAD as pof or if the equivalent amount in INR available in Indian bank will also work as pof?