AOR Received.
18 Mar 2015, SA received 02 April 2015
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
I just have a couple questions about landing.

My husband has his COPR and we will be landing at Pearson in a few weeks. Does he need to get an ETA? He's from a visa exempt country, but we wanted to be certain as to whether or not he also needs an ETA despite having the COPR.

Also, did the B4 form get renumbered? The link on the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp) for the form seems to be broken and I can't find it on the CBSA website. I did find it as BSF186 http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.html. Is this the correct one to use?

Thanks in advance!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
MacnCheese said:
I just have a couple questions about landing.

My husband has his COPR and we will be landing at Pearson in a few weeks. Does he need to get an ETA? He's from a visa exempt country, but we wanted to be certain as to whether or not he also needs an ETA despite having the COPR.

Also, did the B4 form get renumbered? The link on the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp) for the form seems to be broken and I can't find it on the CBSA website. I did find it as BSF186 http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.html. Is this the correct one to use?

Thanks in advance!
I believe that at the current time, eTA is still optional. However, as far as I am aware, you will almost certainly require one in the future if you don't hold an actual visa, which a COPR is not.

Yes, the B4 form was renumbered but still contains a reference to the old designation in the bottom left hand corner of the first sheet.

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2015 sponsorship submitted to Mississauga
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
18 Mar 2015, SA received 02 April 2015
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
zardoz said:
I believe that at the current time, eTA is still optional. However, as far as I am aware, you will almost certainly require one in the future if you don't hold an actual visa, which a COPR is not.

Yes, the B4 form was renumbered but still contains a reference to the old designation in the bottom left hand corner of the first sheet.
Thanks!

Does anyone happen to know how we should complete the B4 form? Do we complete 2, one for me as a returning resident and one for my husband as a settler? Or can I just complete it with my details? Pretty much all of our stuff except clothing is communal as we've lived together for 12 years so it's nearly impossible to divide it out. My shipping company has sent me the form to complete as well as we'll be sending most of our personal effects as "goods to follow" and just bringing a few weeks worth of clothing with us.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
MacnCheese said:
Thanks!

Does anyone happen to know how we should complete the B4 form? Do we complete 2, one for me as a returning resident and one for my husband as a settler? Or can I just complete it with my details? Pretty much all of our stuff except clothing is communal as we've lived together for 12 years so it's nearly impossible to divide it out. My shipping company has sent me the form to complete as well as we'll be sending most of our personal effects as "goods to follow" and just bringing a few weeks worth of clothing with us.
You can get away with a joint list and put it under either category. We ended up putting all of our GTF stuff under my wife's name as a returning resident. However it's totally up to you. For stuff you are hand carrying in, it might be worth having two lists, in case you get separated. Once CBSA had worked through our GTF list, they didn't care about the goods accompanying list at all.. Never even looked at them.