+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing deadline after COPR-Confused after consulting with agent

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
Apologies for asking the same question which i had asked earlier in another thread. Most of them mentioned that one should land before medicals/passport expires. But still would like to know definitely about the deadline for landing because I was told by my consultant today that usually COPR gives 10 months time for the applicants to land and says medical examination expiring has got nothing to do with landing although passport expiry is a concern. He also told me that medical examination was done for immigration process and none would ask for validity/expiry of medical exam upon landing. Is this true? Can anyone give me links or resources that definitely states that one should land before medical expiry? Has anyone landed in canada after medical expiry? or been rejected for the same?

I'm asking this because i would like to work atleast till July this year at my present company, but my medicals expires on 18-07-2016. Company requires employees to work minimum a year in order to provide them with experience letter. i joined the company on 22-07-2015 and by resigning early i may risk losing it... (This work experience has got nothing to do with Express entry and is not going to affect it in anyway but still, i just don't want to waste a years experience.)

Thanks.
Can anyone clear my head?

Reactions: lemonlemoning

bahadur

Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Nov-2015 SINP
Nomination.....
SINP EE 05-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
04-Nov-2015 SINP EE
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-Jan-2016 Med Passed
Passport Req..
11-March-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-March-2016
LANDED..........
27-May-2016
TRUENORTH_4M_C2C said:
Apologies for asking the same question which i had asked earlier in another thread. Most of them mentioned that one should land before medicals/passport expires. But still would like to know definitely about the deadline for landing because I was told by my consultant today that usually COPR gives 10 months time for the applicants to land and says medical examination expiring has got nothing to do with landing although passport expiry is a concern. He also told me that medical examination was done for immigration process and none would ask for validity/expiry of medical exam upon landing. Is this true? Can anyone give me links or resources that definitely states that one should land before medical expiry? Has anyone landed in canada after medical expiry? or been rejected for the same?

I'm asking this because i would like to work atleast till July this year at my present company, but my medicals expires on 18-07-2016. Company requires employees to work minimum a year in order to provide them with experience letter. i joined the company on 22-07-2015 and by resigning early i may risk losing it... (This work experience has got nothing to do with Express entry and is not going to affect it in anyway but still, i just don't want to waste a years experience.)

Thanks.
You need to land before your PR visa expires. Wait until you get your visa you will know when it expires then plan according to that. I hope it answers your queries.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRUENORTH_4M_C2C said:

Thanks.

yes it clearly states in the letter with the copr that i recieved that you have to complete your landing procedure before your medicals end.
just go to a nearby border if you are in canada to complete this procedure.

also no need to have job exp letter you can just show bank statement and recent pay stubs as a proof if they ask you to show it otherwise.

moreover i from non visa exempt country so they only gave me visa until my medical expires.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have to land by the date listed on your COPR. That's the only rule.

To decide which date to listed on your COPR, CIC will often look to see when you completed your medical and will give you a COPR date that's a year after you completed the medical. That's how your COPR date and your medical are connected.

But again, the only rule is that you must land by the date listed on your COPR.

If you aren't ready to move to Canada by your COPR date, you can come to Canada to land and then return - and move to Canada at a later date.

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
ntwkengg said:
yes it clearly states in the letter with the copr that i recieved that you have to complete your landing procedure before your medicals end.

they only gave me visa until my medical expires.
Thanks Bahadur and ntwkengg.. This definitely bothers me...

scylla said:
You have to land by the date listed on your COPR. That's the only rule.

If you aren't ready to move to Canada by your COPR date, you can come to Canada to land and then return - and move to Canada at a later date.
Thanks scylla for the prompt reply. Looks like i have to wait till COPR to decide. Thanks again.