+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing date extension

Simondial

Nov 19, 2012
Hi,

We finally received our PR on the second attempt having received AOR last June.
I am in Canada and have already landed, my wife and two boys must do the same before May 9th.

I am wondering if there is any way to extend that date as we would like our son to finish school at the end of June.

Thanks.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Simondial said:
Hi,

I am in Canada and have already landed, my wife and two boys must do the same before May 9th.

I am wondering if there is any way to extend that date as we would like our son to finish school at the end of June.

Thanks.
You might want to reach out to CIC via CSE Web form and explain your situation to extend the landing date.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Simondial said:
Hi,

Thanks.
Unless IRCC made an error in processing the application, the answer is most likely to be no. It's based on passport or medical examination expiry dates, whichever happens first. Your family can come to Canada, complete the landing formalities and return home the same day if required. So, in theory, fly out on Friday night and return by Sunday night, in order to avoid missing school.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Guess it really comes down to whats more important, obtaining PR , missing out on a few weeks school or missing the May 9th date and having to start the PR process from the beginning. Unlikely you would get any extension of date for a reason such as finishing school. I know what my decision would be, secure PR.

amitchi

Aug 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
Simondial said:
Hi,

Thanks.
Hi Simon,

I was in the similar situation where I was asked to land before Feb 2017 but my daughter was too young to travel (<3 months). I requested CIC on email to extend my landing date but as I was about to complete 1 year of medical test, CIC asked me to travel by the said date but also gave me an option of opening the file again and appear for medical..I opted for reopen of my file and I received again a new decision made email after 3 months of re-medical with new dates. So Its really up to you and you can always explain your situation to CIC which is very considerate.

Regards,
Amit.