File Transfer...
17-05-10
Passport Req..
28-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-10
LANDED..........
19-09-10
I'm concerned that my husband will not be able to land alone since his English is minimal. I highly doubt they would have a translator in his language (Albanian). Do I really need to fly out so that I can land with him? Or is there a better way of meeting him in the airport so we can do the landing process together?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be present in Canada while he is landing. But you will not be allowed to go inside the arrival area to meet and assist your husband.There is nothing wrong if you travel to Canada together with him after getting his PR visa from his country.

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Canada is an immigration country and the Immigration officers in airports are familiar with that sort of problem more than you think. If you can afford to go to Albania and be his companion to Canada, this would be great. If you can't for other reasons, then I suggest you meet him in the Cnd airport and you can explain to the security and customs your concern. They would be able either to get you in, or communicate with you from outside the security zone. I had seen this happened in the past.....so, don't panic.
Congratulations

I

iarblue

Call the airport security before he lands and ask them if there is a way you can do it,they will be glad to help.And send him with a note in english he can give to customs put it inside his passport or attach it to the landing letter,stating he does not speak english that good and that you are waiting for him on the otherside of the glass.Then if they can find a person thats speaks Albanian they will find one if not they may come get you.
But many immigration/custom officals speak many languages and they may even have one there that speaks Albanian.
But i would call airport security and ask them they will give you the best result(peel police is the ones that take care of Toronto International)

lands

Jan 28, 2010
Simply put, the best will be for you to accompany him.

Maybe instead of flying all the way to Albania you can connect with him some where in the middle if he is taking a connecting flight...