+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing by road from US - Buffalo, NY

rrao1

Apr 3, 2017
Hi

i have been searching through the forum all through to find a landing experience either at Peace Bridge or Rainbow Bridge near Buffalo NY, to find a recent case on landing experience by a US resident.

I am planning to drive down to Toronto through either Peace Bridge or Rainbow bridge next weekend. After reading so many experiences on flagpoling and other bad experiences on days other than working days, am just concerned if my plan to land on a Saturday is bad? There is no such official instruction or information on CBSA or CIC which says a US resident should land at a certain time or day at any given border entry point.

At this point, i still plan to go ahead and land on Friday Midnight or Saturday morning.

Any comments or suggestions? thank you

i will post my experience soon.

Rao

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi

i have been searching through the forum all through to find a landing experience either at Peace Bridge or Rainbow Bridge near Buffalo NY, to find a recent case on landing experience by a US resident.

I am planning to drive down to Toronto through either Peace Bridge or Rainbow bridge next weekend. After reading so many experiences on flagpoling and other bad experiences on days other than working days, am just concerned if my plan to land on a Saturday is bad? There is no such official instruction or information on CBSA or CIC which says a US resident should land at a certain time or day at any given border entry point.

At this point, i still plan to go ahead and land on Friday Midnight or Saturday morning.

Rao
There shouldn't be any issues doing landing on a weekend. My colleague did her landing just last Saturday and she was out of status in Canada. Took her 30 mins to get her landing done. But depending on what time, there could be a line up as im assuming most people would do their landing on weekends

Reactions: rrao1

rrao1

Apr 3, 2017
There shouldn't be any issues doing landing on a weekend. My colleague did her landing just last Saturday and she was out of status in Canada. Took her 30 mins to get her landing done. But depending on what time, there could be a line up as im assuming most people would do their landing on weekends
Thank you, that helps :)

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi

Rao
You might want to consider thousand island bridge as well.
Traffic is very low, no wait time at all, the officers were very friendly, I did it on a Sunday.

rrao1

Apr 3, 2017
You might want to consider thousand island bridge as well.
Traffic is very low, no wait time at all, the officers were very friendly, I did it on a Sunday.
I will consider that, thank you. Its just that it will add to my total time line as i intend to visit Mississauga, from DC. But definitely a better option than waiting for 4-6 hours at Rainbow Bridge as one of the feedback I read on the forum.

Feb 25, 2018
Try Lansdowne(Thousand Islands) Bridge. I've personally came through that and no issues. Other thing is that car export-import was possible at this port of entry.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

gel5876

Jan 5, 2016
Hi

Rao
Did it work out? Which poe did you go to?