Oct 18, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
TOKYO,JAPAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010.01.13 App received CPC-M --2010.3.9 Decition Made-- 2010.03.15 Received letter from CPC-M
File Transfer...
2010.03.09. Transfered Tokyo&Foworded to MICC---2010.03.15 Sent app to MICC----2010.03.31 Received CSQ!
Med's Done....
2009.12.07--
Passport Req..
2010.04.29---2010.05.17 Decision made
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I heard that we can do landing without going to boarder.

I am currently in Canada, just received my passport back from Japan.(my case was outland)

Do I have to go to boarder to landing or is it really possible to landing without going there??

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Congrats on being finished (almost!) You can call any regional office and make an appointment to land there. Keep in mind a couple of things though: it's a fairly recent rule change to let OUTLAND people land inside of Canada so sometimes they screw up things like goods to follow lists, etc.. The second thing is that sometimes it takes a month or more to get a landing appointment :)

usagi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
TOKYO,JAPAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010.01.13 App received CPC-M --2010.3.9 Decition Made-- 2010.03.15 Received letter from CPC-M
File Transfer...
2010.03.09. Transfered Tokyo&Foworded to MICC---2010.03.15 Sent app to MICC----2010.03.31 Received CSQ!
Med's Done....
2009.12.07--
Passport Req..
2010.04.29---2010.05.17 Decision made
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sbwv09 said:
Congrats on being finished (almost!) You can call any regional office and make an appointment to land there. Keep in mind a couple of things though: it's a fairly recent rule change to let OUTLAND people land inside of Canada so sometimes they screw up things like goods to follow lists, etc.. The second thing is that sometimes it takes a month or more to get a landing appointment :)
Thank you! mmm, so it maight easy to go to boarder than make an appointment.

I am in near montreal and try to find a regional office but is there any list of offices?I can not find and no idea what to do.(Is it a regional immigration office?)

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Call the CIC number below and they will arrange an appointment at you local Immigration Office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2008/ob076.asp

Regulatory Changes
R74, R85.4, R86(3), R86(4) and R87(7), which were related to obtaining status, have been repealed and replaced by a new general provision (see below). R87.8, which provided for the granting of Canadian permanent residence to work permit holders, has also been repealed.

A new section, R71.1, has been created and states that:

A foreign national who is a member of a class referred to in subsection 70(2) and is outside Canada must, to become a permanent resident, present their permanent resident visa to an officer at a port of entry;

A foreign national who is a member of a class referred to in paragraph 70(2)(a) or (b) and who is a temporary resident in Canada must, to become a permanent resident, present their permanent resident visa to an officer at a port of entry or at an office of the Department in Canada.

The above regulatory changes mean that clients in Canada with valid temporary resident status may:

contact the Call Centre to request an appointment at a local CIC office, with their family members, if applicable, to be granted permanent resident status at that location; or
leave Canada and obtain permanent residence upon re-entry to Canada at a POE.

The template letters that accompany visas must be amended by missions to include the following paragraph:

Please note that if you are already in Canada and have valid temporary resident status, you now have the option of obtaining your permanent resident status in Canada as opposed to leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry. Please contact CIC’s Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment with the nearest Citizenship and Immigration office to your place of residence. (You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada.)

The local office can be found here: http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Quebec/Montreal/CIC-MA/5977815.html

:)

I

iarblue

Unless your visa exempt in the US you can not go to the border to be turned around as you will be entering the US to be turned around.So you will need to land inland via a local office.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iarblue said:
Unless your visa exempt in the US you can not go to the border to be turned around as you will be entering the US to be turned around.So you will need to land inland via a local office.
Not true. They can go to the US border, tell the US officials that they are "flagpoling", be issued a "turn around slip" (not a refusal) and go back to the Canadian border and land. If you are not from a visa exempt country, you should be "in status" in Canada or it could create problems. If you are out of status in Canada, it is wiser to land at a local office.

I

iarblue

Hold up here flagpoling,i would not suggerst this at all even though you are trying to just get turned around does not say the US will.Good god you have to be carefull of what you do jumping borders.The US can simpply detain you for such a thing,yes maybe they wont but really do you want to take this chance.Its a little different for Canadians yes we can flagpole but a non visa exempt entering the US is much different..Once you reach the center of a bridge or to the both you have already entered the US i know this as i have been crossing the border for 20 years.
Just do the landing at a regional office .

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iarblue said:
Hold up here flagpoling,i would not suggerst this at all even though you are trying to just get turned around does not say the US will.Good god you have to be carefull of what you do jumping borders.The US can simpply detain you for such a thing,yes maybe they wont but really do you want to take this chance.Its a little different for Canadians yes we can flagpole but a non visa exempt entering the US is much different..Once you reach the center of a bridge or to the both you have already entered the US i know this as i have been crossing the border for 20 years.
You don't know what you are talking about when it comes to this! CBSA and the US CPB have an agreement about this as long as you state immediately to the US CPB officer that you "do not want to enter the United States" and show them your Canadian status documents. It's common practice! If you don't believe me, call the border office and ask about flagpoling and they will verify what I am saying.

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
iarblue said:
Absolutely nothing wrong with "flag poling" whether or not you are from a visa-exempt country. The OP can go to the border and land.

I

iarblue

Where do you guys think there is nothing wrong with flagpoling if you are not from a visa exempt country to the US.Ok if you think its that easy and simple and he does this then its on your mind that he did it and didnt work out so well.
Like i said it is easy for a canadian to flagpole but why tell someone who is not that he can just flagpole and there will be no problems.

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
iarblue said:
Where do you guys think there is nothing wrong with flagpoling if you are not from a visa exempt country to the US.Ok if you think its that easy and simple and he does this then its on your mind that he did it and didnt work out so well.
Like i said it is easy for a canadian to flagpole but why tell someone who is not that he can just flagpole and there will be no problems.
Hundreds of "new immigrants" from non visa-exempt countries do it on a daily basis...no big deal. I'm a Canadian living in Canada...and I've witnessed it several times.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prof456 said:
Hundreds of "new immigrants" from non visa-exempt countries do it on a daily basis...no big deal. I'm a Canadian...and I've witnessed it several times.
Exactly! And I do this for a living! As long as the person is properly prepared at the border, there will be NO problems!

And a Canadian can't flagpole! What would be the purpose?

I

iarblue

Its not the point,your telling this guy to enter the US illegally,tuen around and comeback.......im telling you once he enters the US he has entered illegally.but like i said go ahead try and if you succeed all the best.
I know they are telling you it is perfectly ok to go to the US and turn around and comeback but if you get a CBP that is in a bad mood and is just not having a good day GOOD LUCK.
And i dont understand why you are telling this guy to take a chance when he can just as easy go to a regional office and land,Then you have no worries but i want to know if you guys have done this flagpole or you just hear this through whatever and like i said i have been traveling back and forth from the US for 20 years and the minute you cross that booth you are in the US illegally.

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
iarblue said:
Its not the point,your telling this guy to enter the US illegally,tuen around and comeback.......im telling you once he enters the US he has entered illegally.but like i said go ahead try and if you succeed all the best.
I know they are telling you it is perfectly ok to go to the US and turn around and comeback but if you get a CBP that is in a bad mood and is just not having a good day GOOD LUCK.
And i dont understand why you are telling this guy to take a chance when he can just as easy go to a regional office and land,Then you have no worries but i want to know if you guys have done this flagpole or you just hear this through whatever and like i said i have been traveling back and forth from the US for 20 years and the minute you cross that booth you are in the US illegally.
Again, nothing illegal about it. It has nothing to do with taking a chance. You take your passport, COPR and every other relevant document and head up to the border. When you get to the US Border officer, you tell him/her you are landing (or changing status, etc). The officer gives you a slip (has nothing to do with his/her mood) and you turn around and head back to the Canadian side and land. I do not understand why you are trying to make an issue when there is none. Although this is an open forum, I'd advise you to comment on stuff you have some knowledge about. This, you simply have no clue...no offence!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What you are not understanding is that they NEVER ENTER the US so we are NOT telling someone to enter illegally! They give full disclosure at the border to the US officer and are given a turn around slip! And of course people can be in a bad mood but do you really think they will let their mood jeopardize International Agreements between countries???? That border guard would be fired in a heartbeat and he/she knows it! They will do their job!

You are creating fear where there needs to be none!