AOR Received.
18 Mar 2015, SA received 02 April 2015
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
How does landing work at T3 at Pearson Airport? My husband will be landing with his PR in June and I will be coming with him. I haven't lived in Canada for over 10 years (Canadian born citizen), so is there anything special I have to do to 'reactivate' my status as a Canadian resident? Do we present our goods to follow form together?

We're travelling back with a 6 month old baby from Europe, so would I be able to leave once I've cleared Immigration? We're bringing a lot of checked bags with us on the plane, so don't really want our bags unattended at the carousel for hours on end. And I don't want to be hanging around for hours with a very tired baby. I know Customs will go crazy if my husband tries to leave without any luggage, so I would leave at least one bag behind for him to retrieve. Or would he be allowed to go down to bag claim and pick up his bag while waiting for secondary immigration for his landing?

And from experience, how long did your landing process generally take at T3? We land around 1130am, so ahead of a lot of the other flights coming in from Europe.

Thanks in advance for any information!

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
MacnCheese said:
How does landing work at T3 at Pearson Airport? My husband will be landing with his PR in June and I will be coming with him. I haven't lived in Canada for over 10 years (Canadian born citizen), so is there anything special I have to do to 'reactivate' my status as a Canadian resident? Do we present our goods to follow form together?

We're travelling back with a 6 month old baby from Europe, so would I be able to leave once I've cleared Immigration? We're bringing a lot of checked bags with us on the plane, so don't really want our bags unattended at the carousel for hours on end. And I don't want to be hanging around for hours with a very tired baby. I know Customs will go crazy if my husband tries to leave without any luggage, so I would leave at least one bag behind for him to retrieve. Or would he be allowed to go down to bag claim and pick up his bag while waiting for secondary immigration for his landing?

And from experience, how long did your landing process generally take at T3? We land around 1130am, so ahead of a lot of the other flights coming in from Europe.

Following this thread since my husband will also be landing at Pearson international sometime this year.

4Canucks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
My wife will be landing in T3 late July as well...awaiting to see someone's experience. From what I gather T3 doesn't have the desk to get your SIN right away like T2 does.

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2015 sponsorship submitted to Mississauga
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
And do we need to get the ETA for him? I remembered we looked at the CIC website and it seemed to indicate no if we have a COPR.

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
MacnCheese said:
And do we need to get the ETA for him? I remembered we looked at the CIC website and it seemed to indicate no if we have a COPR.
My husband recently landed at Pearson, T3. It was around 7pm and nobody in immigration, no line up. He was through customs, immigration and security for next flight in less than an hour. They registered him for his PR card... I don't think there was a place to apply for SIN number, but it was simple at service Canada. He bought his paper with the items he was bringing with him, they didn't even look at it. The officer said "your from the dominican? I have lots of friends there" he was very friendly, it was a great experience for my husband travelling alone, his first time to Canada! It all depends the time of day you land, I have been at Pearson around this time everytime i went to visit him, and never saw a line up. Good luck everybody!!

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
Mrschino said:
My husband recently landed at Pearson, T3. It was around 7pm and nobody in immigration, no line up. He was through customs, immigration and security for next flight in less than an hour. They registered him for his PR card... I don't think there was a place to apply for SIN number, but it was simple at service Canada. He bought his paper with the items he was bringing with him, they didn't even look at it. The officer said "your from the dominican? I have lots of friends there" he was very friendly, it was a great experience for my husband travelling alone, his first time to Canada! It all depends the time of day you land, I have been at Pearson around this time everytime i went to visit him, and never saw a line up. Good luck everybody!!
Thanks for the information - hopefully it's just as quiet when we land too! He already has a SIN as he was on a working holiday visa about 10 years ago, so I guess that just gets reactivated.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
MacnCheese said:
Thanks for the information - hopefully it's just as quiet when we land too! He already has a SIN as he was on a working holiday visa about 10 years ago, so I guess that just gets reactivated.
No, he'll need to visit service Canada and have that SIN updated to a permanent number. The one he has from the working holiday is only a temporary number and likely already deactivated after his permit expired.

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
Alurra71 said:
No, he'll need to visit service Canada and have that SIN updated to a permanent number. The one he has from the working holiday is only a temporary number and likely already deactivated after his permit expired.
ah ok, just assumed that SIN numbers are just reactivated. Not that it makes a huge difference.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
MacnCheese said:
ah ok, just assumed that SIN numbers are just reactivated. Not that it makes a huge difference.
Standard SIN's, such as those of a Canadian citizen are reactivated; however temporary SIN's are not because they are just that, temporary.

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
MacnCheese said:

Any other insight anyone can share? Thanks!

Apr 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Through Delhi)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/15
Passport Req..
02/10/16
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/16
LANDED..........
03/07/16
I landed in Pearson Terminal 7 weeks ago.
My experience was very good smooth.
if
I was out of the terminal within 30 minutes.

First check was customs- I showed them my COPR- Landing Paper - they asked me if I was carrying over 10,000 CDN- then I went to the immigration counters which of the right after customs- they asked simple questions - then he signed my COPR and told me I will receive my pr card by mail within 6 weeks. Yes I did receive my Pr card by the 6th week.

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
ChicagoPunjabi said:
I landed in Pearson Terminal 7 weeks ago.
My experience was very good smooth.
if
I was out of the terminal within 30 minutes.

First check was customs- I showed them my COPR- Landing Paper - they asked me if I was carrying over 10,000 CDN- then I went to the immigration counters which of the right after customs- they asked simple questions - then he signed my COPR and told me I will receive my pr card by mail within 6 weeks. Yes I did receive my Pr card by the 6th week.
Wow that is super quick, fingers crossed it'll be that easy for us too!

Did the B4 form get updated and renumbered? I just want to make sure I use the most up to date copy of the form.

Apr 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Through Delhi)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/15
Passport Req..
02/10/16
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/16
LANDED..........
03/07/16
Fortunately, I brought along all my stuff. I did not complete the B-4 Good to follow list.

My experience might not the norm speed wise because I landed during late evening. Since it was a sunday night- Service Canada people were off and I had go Monday morning to a service Canada to get my SIN card

kitty_T

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
Doc's Request.
24-12-2015/ 02-03-2016
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2015
Med's Request
upfront- received 02-04-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2016
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
MacnCheese said:
Any other insight anyone can share? Thanks!
hi MacnCheese

i am also arriving in june(end june), so i wont be much help. but iwill let you know incase i arrive 1st