+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing at edmonton

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Hi everyone,

I m coming to edmonton on 30 Aug and as I'm coming from new delhi i didn't gets the direct flight so i have stopover at toronto for 2 hrs for the next flight to edmonton. Now my question is -
-Do I need to clear immigration and customs at toronto or edmonton. (As far as I know it should be first port of entry in the country) ,For that IS 2 hrs are enough for all these clearance because i have the flight from the same terminal but i have to do check-in again.
That'swhy i 'm bit worried.
I am holding W1 work permit.

Yours feedback is ver much appreciated.
thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Your WP will be issued at your POE which is Toronto. Anyway, have your contract, introductory (loi) letter and your passport ready.

sam.ums said:
Hi everyone,

I m coming to edmonton on 30 Aug and as I'm coming from new delhi i didn't gets the direct flight so i have stopover at toronto for 2 hrs for the next flight to edmonton. Now my question is -
-Do I need to clear immigration and customs at toronto or edmonton. (As far as I know it should be first port of entry in the country) ,For that IS 2 hrs are enough for all these clearance because i have the flight from the same terminal but i have to do check-in again.
That'swhy i 'm bit worried.
I am holding W1 work permit.

Yours feedback is ver much appreciated.
thanks

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Thanks for ur response so it's mean that i have to do the immigration & customs clearance at Toronto.If like this ..IS 2 hrs are enough for me to do all this clearance bcoz after that I have to catch other flight to edmonton.Please bear with me for some of my questions bcoz i m confuse about so many things...

- In case if i will not carry my job contract but i have stamped W1 visa on my passport and the approval letter from CHC , so the IO will not give me the WP.

- In worker visa, IS it mandatary to carry some kinds of cash as per canada immigration ,if yes how much should i have to carry

- I heard that some of the mobiles are not working in canada so what u can suggest me to bring my own mobile or better to buy from canada.

Waiting for your valuable response.

Thanks

arespinoza

Sep 8, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im in almost the same story. Can you tell me how it went? Did you apply at Toronto or Edmonton?