+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing as PR for first time and parents coming along on visitor visa. Any possible issues?

kolasinac

Aug 17, 2017
Hi guys,

I am making my first landing as a PR next month. My brother and sister in law are already PRs and have been living in Canada for multiple years.

Last year my parents got their visitor visas to visit them in Canada but they have been waiting for me to get my PR so we can travel together. They are old have never been on this long a journey before. So we thought it would be better if I accompanied them on their first visit to Canada.

My question is, would this cause any issues during my landing as PR or raise any red flags? If the officer asks if anyone is accompanying me, I will have to tell them about my parents.

We will have a return ticket ready for my parents and either way, they are on legitimate visas by themselves.

Am I being worried for no reason?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi guys,

I am making my first landing as a PR next month. My brother and sister in law are already PRs and have been living in Canada for multiple years.

Last year my parents got their visitor visas to visit them in Canada but they have been waiting for me to get my PR so we can travel together. They are old have never been on this long a journey before. So we thought it would be better if I accompanied them on their first visit to Canada.

My question is, would this cause any issues during my landing as PR or raise any red flags? If the officer asks if anyone is accompanying me, I will have to tell them about my parents.

We will have a return ticket ready for my parents and either way, they are on legitimate visas by themselves.

There is no problem in that. Your parents will go through regular immigration officers however first time PR travelers will have a different queue.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi guys,

They are not "accompanying" you for PR landing purposes. They are just visitors on the same aircraft.

kolasinac

Aug 17, 2017
They are not "accompanying" you for PR landing purposes. They are just visitors on the same aircraft.
And I suppose they will be in different queues or offices for their landing formalities while I'm undergoing mine?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
And I suppose they will be in different queues or offices for their landing formalities while I'm undergoing mine?
You will certainly have to go to the Secondary Immigration area. There is always a chance that they might as well. Otherwise, they can continue through to Baggage Reclaim and wait for you there. If you really want them to be with you in Secondary, I believe that you can ask the CBSA officer who diverts you to Secondary to allow them to stay with you but I can't be sure.

kolasinac

Aug 17, 2017
You will certainly have to go to the Secondary Immigration area. There is always a chance that they might as well. Otherwise, they can continue through to Baggage Reclaim and wait for you there. If you really want them to be with you in Secondary, I believe that you can ask the CBSA officer who diverts you to Secondary to allow them to stay with you but I can't be sure.
Thank you for the help!

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi
So I saw your post and this is similar to my case. My mom will be accompanying us on our first landing as PR. I was hoping you could share your actual experience and answer my queries. Did you or your parents face any issues while landing? Did they disclose that they were accompanying you and was there any issue regarding that.
Would be great if you could help and also advise on any issues we need to be aware of. Thanks

Hi guys,