+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing as an International Student

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
Hello folks,

I have a question. If I have a student permit based on a university in BC, can I land in Toronto from India? Or is it required to land in BC only?

Thanks,
Praseena

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
Thanks a lot for the reply. And how many days before can I enter? If my classes start in September session, can I enter in June?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
If you can prove to CBSA that you can support yourself without working in the period of arrival and before the start of your study you can come anytime you want. But as the cost of living is very high it is advisable not to arrive more than 2 to 3 week before the start of your study.

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
I would be staying with my brother and family settled in Toronto for 2 months begbef the college starts. So their salary and financial statements and invite letter would be enough? And my own bank statements showing around 10000 cad? All these statement be enough for CBSA?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
I would be staying with my brother and family settled in Toronto for 2 months begbef the college starts. So their salary and financial statements and invite letter would be enough? And my own bank statements showing around 10000 cad? All these statement be enough for CBSA?
That would suffice along with a letter from your brother stating that you would be staying with him and he would take Care of all your expenses

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Above information is correct, try to have a complete plan in your head at least of how you are going to go to BC when the time comes otherwise it can be stressful at immigration.

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
Above information is correct, try to have a complete plan in your head at least of how you are going to go to BC when the time comes otherwise it can be stressful at immigration.
We are planning to show air tickets from Toronto to Vancouver

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We are planning to show air tickets from Toronto to Vancouver
It is really up to CBSA upon arrival. 10000 would not be considered extra funds. That may not even meet your expenses for the year. June is very early to enter for a September start date even just for a visit.

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
It is really up to CBSA upon arrival. 10000 would not be considered extra funds. That may not even meet your expenses for the year. June is very early to enter for a September start date even just for a visit.
Would showing more funds in student's account help? And an invite letter, NOA and bank financial statements from the family in Toronto showing sufficient funds?

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Would showing more funds in student's account help? And an invite letter, NOA and bank financial statements from the family in Toronto showing sufficient funds?
I think you are fine with just the letter from your brother saying he will cover all your exspenses plus a letter from his employer, his previous bank statements, and any savings you have. I entered last June for my Student Visa and CBSA didnt blink an eye

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It all depends on the CBSA agent. Others have been sent back. It is quite a long time to visit family especially when you are not planning on going to school in the city. There is more of a chance that students will work illegally from doing childcare to other jobs.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Be confident be truthful have all documents on hand and you will breeze through. You are not committing a crime nor committing any perjury by arriving early. Goodluck.

Reactions: praseenair