+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing as an Immigrant for the first time - Cash Limit and Jewellery and Arrive Can app

app2019sept

Nov 3, 2020
My wife is landing for the first time as a PR in Canada. I had few questions regarding.

In the declaration form ( filled either in Kiosk or hard copy) , suppose I have 3000$ cash and 8000$ equivalent of jewellery. Is the answer Yes or No ?what is the answer to the question below .

Q: I am/we are bring into Canada: Curreny and/or monetary insrtruments totalling CAN$ 10,000 or more.

In Arrive Can app , there is a question below ; since my wife is landing for the first time , even though she might be considered as a foreign national , the answer to the question below would be , None of the above ?

Q: What is the purpose of your travel ?
- Family reunification
- Foreign worker
- Study(intenration)
- Study(US-Canada)
- Compassionate grounds
- None of the above .

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife is landing for the first time as a PR in Canada. I had few questions regarding.

In the declaration form ( filled either in Kiosk or hard copy) , suppose I have 3000$ cash and 8000$ equivalent of jewellery. Is the answer Yes or No ?what is the answer to the question below .

Q: I am/we are bring into Canada: Curreny and/or monetary insrtruments totalling CAN$ 10,000 or more.

In Arrive Can app , there is a question below ; since my wife is landing for the first time , even though she might be considered as a foreign national , the answer to the question below would be , None of the above ?

- Family reunification
- Foreign worker
- Study(intenration)
- Study(US-Canada)
- Compassionate grounds
- None of the above .
1. You should choose Yes.
2.Family reunification

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the ArriveCan question , I just found this URL to contact them
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan/contact-us.html

And they mentioned ; it would be None of the Above as she is coming to live here as a PR.

For the declaration question .
Cash+Jewelery makes sense to say yes .
How about personal clothing + electronics like laptop , phone etc ; do they count ?
Yes you have to declare. As a landing immigrant, you can bring any value of the goods without import duty. You just needed to declare. You can also declare that you will bring goods in subsequent trips using "Goods to follow " form, so those goods also exempt from import duty.

geol

Dec 18, 2014

- Family reunification
- Foreign worker
- Study(intenration)
- Study(US-Canada)
- Compassionate grounds
- None of the above .
The first question is No. She is bringing $3000 if She is carrying $ 10000 and above then it's -Yes
SecondQ - None of the above
Family reunification is for family members on TRV visiting. She became permanent resident and coming to Canada.