+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing appointment at a CIC office.

karmicYogi

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Hi,

I might get an appointment for Landing at a CIC office from 2-3 weeks, the thing is I am also going on a small vacation for 5 days, if it happens that I get an appointment for landing at CIC during those 5 days, what can I do?

Has any one rescheduled these appointments before.

Thanks

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
I was not in need in rescheduling the appointment, but the appointment letter provides you following advise:

"If you do not wish to attend this interview at our office, you may leave Canada and return through a Canadian Port of Entry at an international airport or a Canadian land border Port of Entry to obtain your permanent resident status. Therefore, if you cannot attend this interview, please write, fax (xxx-xxx-xxx), or email (CIC-xxx@cic.gc.ca.xxx) this office immediately and explain why.

Please let us know prior to your Landing appointment if you have a short trip scheduled outside of Canada prior to receiving your PR Card as an alternate Landing appointment may be required."

Suggest to keep also the contact details of CIC handy and call the centre to send a new notice to the local IRCC office if you have to arrange a new appointment. 1-888-242-2100 / email question@cic.gc.ca / be prepared to quote your client number and your date of birth.