+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***LANDING AND FUNDS RELATED QUERY***

ADAMSTAN

Mar 4, 2015

HI There,

I have a very strange situation regarding the landing destination and the proof of fund issue. Kindly shed your valuable suggestions in order to get a swift solution for the same.

1. I have mentioned in my application Alberta as the landing destination but now i have decided to land at Vancouver, so i was wondering whether it would cause any issue in landing process and secondly, i would like to collect PR card in person rather than being mailed to my address, so do we have such option at the time of entry and lastly iam a bit worried about the destination issue since i have read in some post that CIC would only mail the PR card at the address located at the original landing destination mentioned in the application.

2. I would be landing alone so what are the most preferable and legitimate means to carry the funds to Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ADAMSTAN said:

HI There,

I have a very strange situation regarding the landing destination and the proof of fund issue. Kindly shed your valuable suggestions in order to get a swift solution for the same.

1. I have mentioned in my application Alberta as the landing destination but now i have decided to land at Vancouver, so i was wondering whether it would cause any issue in landing process and secondly, i would like to collect PR card in person rather than being mailed to my address, so do we have such option at the time of entry and lastly iam a bit worried about the destination issue since i have read in some post that CIC would only mail the PR card at the address located at the original landing destination mentioned in the application.

2. I would be landing alone so what are the most preferable and legitimate means to carry the funds to Canada.

1. As long as you weren't selected under a Provincial Nomination Program, you can "land" where ever you want, except Quebec.
2. There is no pickup of PR cards, the initial card is only mailed to a Canadian address.
3. DD or Traveler's cheques, cash, a statement from your bank dated in the previous week showing your account status.

ADAMSTAN

Mar 4, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. As long as you weren't selected under a Provincial Nomination Program, you can "land" where ever you want, except Quebec.
2. There is no pickup of PR cards, the initial card is only mailed to a Canadian address.
3. DD or Traveler's cheques, cash, a statement from your bank dated in the previous week showing your account status.

Hi PMM,

Appreciate your response on my query.. I would also like to understand that whether CIC would only mail the PR card at the location which the applicant selected in the initial stage of application. In my case since i have decided to land at a different destination, i was a bit skeptical that whether CIC would ask for an address at the initial location. I know it might sound strange but i read in some post about this issue and one of the member commented this same experience while landing in CANADA. Thanks in advance...

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
PMM said:
Hi

Are you sure that a bank statement from a foreign bank is acceptable?

a067

May 23, 2011
chasinglight said:
Are you sure that a bank statement from a foreign bank is acceptable?
Same question from me. Can I show by bank statement from my bank account in Pakistan at the time of landing?

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
a067 said:
Same question from me. Can I show by bank statement from my bank account in Pakistan at the time of landing?
The idea of POF is to have the liquid cash available for your sustenance during your first few months in Canada. I would strongly recommend you take it along with you as traveller's cheque or prepaid card (in CAD) or open an account with a Canadian bank from your home country(this is possible with Scotiabank).

I can see a lot of questions on how people can get around the requirement to have POF. Guys, this is for your own sustenance, especially during the first few months to take care of your rent, utilities and groceries.

Also would you want to risk entry by not having POF ? Good luck!

erdebeere

Feb 2, 2015
Hello everybody, I will have a bank statement of my bank account in my homeland with me with a date very close to my landing. Do you think this is fine? Thanks in advance.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Generally bank statements can be used as proof of funds however in my opinion statements from US, Euro zone, Australian banks are more likely to be accepted than statements from other countries.

erdebeere

Feb 2, 2015
I think bank statement should be accompanied by a transaction of the recent 6 months, the country I doubt has any effect whether it can be accepted or not while it's better the amount of money be written in USD or CAD equivalent.