26-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Greetings all!

I just wanted to share my personal experience that I went through last week...

My family and I landed in Toronto on Tuesday. In itself the process was quite straight forward, even though the waiting times were fairly long - first to go through the regular passport control, but as soon as we reached the counter and indicated we were landing, we were sent directly to another queue. This second line was even longer and took a while to get us to the CIC officer.

As we approached the counter, the officer requestes passports and COPRs. No other document was requested. We were asked if any other goods were being brought in a later time and that requested to sign up the forms. No request for proof of funds, nothing else. After that we passed through a couple desks with information for newcomers, guides and initial sets of information.

The next day, we went to the Service Canada, to get my daughter a SIN. We arrived very early - 8.30am, so there was almost no one there. Again, the request for her SIN was only COPR and some documents from me along with some info from my wife. All in all, it didn´t take more than 5 minutes.

Opening a bank account was very easy. We went to RBC Royal Bank. Interestingly enough they had no interest in learning of resources out of Canada, so they simply assigned a small credit line and credit card, along with current account, savings accounts in CAD and USD. Now it is up to us to start using it and creating credit score. I also got a cell phone line with Virgin Mobile. It appeared to me to be the cheapest option for begining with. I signed up for a contract of 37 CAD per month and no exit clause which allows me to terminate it anytime. For this you have to bring your own phone. By the way, make sure to have the SIN before you try to bank account or phone.

We tried to file for an Ontario ID Card and OHIP, but both at Service Ontario required proof of residency in the form of some utility bill or contract signed or any proof that we would reside in the province. Therefore, it will have to waut a couple more weeks until first set of snail mail arrives proving we are where we said we would be.

I hope this helps some of you in the process of landing and please don´t hesitate to contact me if I can help with some other information.

Good luck.

andrem

mmquebec

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Doc's Request.
o4-12-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 26-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
July 2015
Med's Request
19-08-2015(With RPRF)
Med's Done....
28-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2015. Submission Sept 25, 2015. Decision made Oct 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 16, 2015. VISA RECEIVED..Oct 27, 2015
LANDED..........
March 11, 2016
andrem said:
Greetings all!

My family and I landed in Toronto on Tuesday. In itself the process was quite straight forward, even though the waiting times were fairly long - first to go through the regular passport control, but as soon as we reached the counter and indicated we were landing, we were sent directly to another queue. This second line was even longer and took a while to get us to the CIC officer.

As we approached the counter, the officer requestes passports and COPRs. No other document was requested. We were asked if any other goods were being brought in a later time and that requested to sign up the forms. No request for proof of funds, nothing else. After that we passed through a couple desks with information for newcomers, guides and initial sets of information.

The next day, we went to the Service Canada, to get my daughter a SIN. We arrived very early - 8.30am, so there was almost no one there. Again, the request for her SIN was only COPR and some documents from me along with some info from my wife. All in all, it didn´t take more than 5 minutes.

Opening a bank account was very easy. We went to RBC Royal Bank. Interestingly enough they had no interest in learning of resources out of Canada, so they simply assigned a small credit line and credit card, along with current account, savings accounts in CAD and USD. Now it is up to us to start using it and creating credit score. I also got a cell phone line with Virgin Mobile. It appeared to me to be the cheapest option for begining with. I signed up for a contract of 37 CAD per month and no exit clause which allows me to terminate it anytime. For this you have to bring your own phone. By the way, make sure to have the SIN before you try to bank account or phone.

We tried to file for an Ontario ID Card and OHIP, but both at Service Ontario required proof of residency in the form of some utility bill or contract signed or any proof that we would reside in the province. Therefore, it will have to waut a couple more weeks until first set of snail mail arrives proving we are where we said we would be.

I hope this helps some of you in the process of landing and please don´t hesitate to contact me if I can help with some other information.

Good luck.

andrem
Thanks. Very helpful. Stay tune and we wish you the best.

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
andrem said:
Greetings all!

Good luck.

andrem
+1 for you

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Thanks. Very useful. I'm moving to Vancouver next month and was wondering what mobile contract to get. I already have bank account there

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
To apply for Ontario Photo ID in the past, our family member only showed passport+COPR to them which was sufficient, and gave them an address.

I know for health card they like to see proof of address, but don't think its mandatory for Ontario Photo Card. Did u try a different location for this?

zaynahdream

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
included in application
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
05-04-2016
Interview........
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2017
LANDED..........
InshAllah very soon
andrem said:
Greetings all!

Good luck.

andrem
best of luck