+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing after CoPR

sam406

Jan 14, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have my first time PR landing due in next few months and I am planning to do it in October, flying in from Australia after visiting my sister. My question is, my CoPR states the landing port as Toronto and the shortest flight from Australia is available in Air Canada, with a layover in Vancouver and then connecting flight to Toronto. Will i have to go through immigration in Vancouver if i have a layover there or i will be having my immigration done at Toronto since my CoPR states Toronto as the port of landing.
I’ve heard that US and Canada requires its travelers to get their immigration done at their first port of entry into the country, which in my case is Vancouver.
If that happens then what is the best option for me to go for?
Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have my first time PR landing due in next few months and I am planning to do it in October, flying in from Australia after visiting my sister. My question is, my CoPR states the landing port as Toronto and the shortest flight from Australia is available in Air Canada, with a layover in Vancouver and then connecting flight to Toronto. Will i have to go through immigration in Vancouver if i have a layover there or i will be having my immigration done at Toronto since my CoPR states Toronto as the port of landing.
I’ve heard that US and Canada requires its travelers to get their immigration done at their first port of entry into the country, which in my case is Vancouver.
If that happens then what is the best option for me to go for?
Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
Thank you!
Hi, Are you a PNP or FSW?