Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sreja said:
Dear All,
First of all thanks every body to read my post so far.

I am trying to answer all of your queries in bellow:

Air Lines option from Dhaka to Toronto: There are few options available like Emirates, Cathy pacific, Ethihad, Jet airways, Air India. I choose Jet Air Ways/Air Canada its little cheap compare to others. From Dhaka-Mumbai (Connecting)-London with Jet Air Ways and from London-Toronto by Air Canada. Both air lines service is outstanding. In Heathrow (London) the Arrival and departure from different terminal so you have to quite fast where the waiting period is less than 2 hours.

Settlement Fund: We are 3 members and I carried the required amount the same. I able to endorsed only USD 4000 in our 3 passports where bank (Dutch Bangla) only endorsed USD 1000 and rest of the endorsed I did from money exchange office. Apart these USD 4000 without declare I just carried another USD 14000. In Dhaka Air Port no one created problems about this money though Customs found it and I explained them why I need that money to carry.
But as far I know without declare Bangladesh passport holder can carry USD 5000 in hand bag.
Another lengthy procedure have, if some one have enough time to do that I would suggests to go for that; you can submit an application to your bank for bank draft and your bank will forward it to the Bangladesh Bank remittance department for the permission. If you enough lucky you may get the permission but there is no guarantee on that you will get the permission, most importantly it will take at least 3 weeks.

In Toronto Air Port: Be relaxed once you are in Pearson Air Port every thing will go very smoothly that I can assure you because of their good systematic procedures. The first person you will meet is the immigration officer who will approach with you a big hello. Tell him you are a new immigrant and come for landing. He/She will check your Visa and may be will ask you how much fund you are carrying then you will redirect to a big room where Immigration Officer will check your Landing paper. Here the immigration officer will may ask you again about your fund. In this counter it will take a little time to get back your landing paper, later you will be guided to another 2 counters where you will get a kit with lots of resources. After this place you will go to the belt where your luggages are available. Collect your luggage, here with CAD 2 you can take a cart and porter also available if you like you can call them but you have to pay them. After collect your luggages move to the customs where you have to hand over your goods lists accompanying and goods to follow list. Don't carry any unwanted goods which will delay here (Check details on CIC web for more details which you should carry and which are not).
Lots of people prepared B4 form earlier in my case I just prepared 2 printed goods lists (Excel sheet) which accompanying with me, and in front of Customs officer I just written on that B4 form the title (Goods Accompanying) of my goods list, and under that line written “the list attached”. After stamped one copy returned to me by custom officer and said ok folks welcome to Canada and have good life. It's taken around 40 minutes to finish all procedure.

Short Stay:
I suggest every one before come book the hotel/motel/rest houses other wise you will be in deep trouble. If you think after land you will search a place for short stay it is never sensible. I stayed in Studio 6 Britannia Road, Mississauga.

I already finish the SIN card process, bank account matter, and today I fax my address for PR card receive which I was not provided in air port.

My plan is to do a course in my area to get the Canadian qualification.

Regards,
SReja
Thanks Sreja for sharing your experience about landing.

It was detailed & comprehensive.

At the same time, best wishes for your success in challenges ahead :)

hemel

May 28, 2010
Thank u sreza bhi for giving us real scinario. Can u tell me if i carry required CAD,will it be problem? coz USD is crisis in BD now.

Pls advise....

Hemel

imran7799

Jun 21, 2010
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
March 2011
LANDED..........
July 15, 2011
Thanks Sreja for sharing your experience. It is really detailed & helpfull...

sanju1676

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Hi sreja,

Have you given the Studio6 address for PR card? I also booked this place for 15 days in December, can you please give me some feedback how is the place!!

I am coming with a family of 3.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Congrats buddy, and thanks for the detailed information about procedure.
Just one question, if you give your hotel address for Resident card, does it mean you have to stay in that hotel until you permanent resident card comes.

sreja

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Studio 6 is good place for short stay but I am suggesting not to give their address for PR.

sreja

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hemel said:
Thank u sreza bhi for giving us real scinario. Can u tell me if i carry required CAD,will it be problem? coz USD is crisis in BD now.

Pls advise....

Hemel
No prbos to carry CAD

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear sreja Bhai,

I have some queries:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. I will take gold(jwellary) for my wife. My target is to open a bank A/C next day after landing,,,,is it possible to get locker facility and keep all jwellary in locker box in the same day at the time of account opening? which bank u suggest for a/c opening?

2. I have desiration to study further,,, at the time of landing i have to show the required amount in airport.....if i take more money apart from required money,,,,will i get loan facility for studing further as some more money will be put in account after landing.....(they may check mt a/c at the time of snaction of loapls suggest me.........

sreja

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ripon243 said:
Dear sreja Bhai,

I have some queries:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. I will take gold(jwellary) for my wife. My target is to open a bank A/C next day after landing,,,,is it possible to get locker facility and keep all jwellary in locker box in the same day at the time of account opening? which bank u suggest for a/c opening?

2. I have desiration to study further,,, at the time of landing i have to show the required amount in airport.....if i take more money apart from required money,,,,will i get loan facility for studing further as some more money will be put in account after landing.....(they may check mt a/c at the time of snaction of loapls suggest me.........
Hello ripon243

TD Bank is ok for your need. They have the locker facilities. As much as money you can take no probs on that but i am not sure will it affect to get the loan or not.

Olabisi2010

May 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi SReja,

Congrats.Wishing you and your all the positive and good things of life abound in Canada.

Best wishes
Olabisi

jerry2121

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
sreja said:
Dear All,
First of all thanks every body to read my post so far.

I am trying to answer all of your queries in bellow:

Air Lines option from Dhaka to Toronto: There are few options available like Emirates, Cathy pacific, Ethihad, Jet airways, Air India. I choose Jet Air Ways/Air Canada its little cheap compare to others. From Dhaka-Mumbai (Connecting)-London with Jet Air Ways and from London-Toronto by Air Canada. Both air lines service is outstanding. In Heathrow (London) the Arrival and departure from different terminal so you have to quite fast where the waiting period is less than 2 hours.

Settlement Fund: We are 3 members and I carried the required amount the same. I able to endorsed only USD 4000 in our 3 passports where bank (Dutch Bangla) only endorsed USD 1000 and rest of the endorsed I did from money exchange office. Apart these USD 4000 without declare I just carried another USD 14000. In Dhaka Air Port no one created problems about this money though Customs found it and I explained them why I need that money to carry.
But as far I know without declare Bangladesh passport holder can carry USD 5000 in hand bag.
Another lengthy procedure have, if some one have enough time to do that I would suggests to go for that; you can submit an application to your bank for bank draft and your bank will forward it to the Bangladesh Bank remittance department for the permission. If you enough lucky you may get the permission but there is no guarantee on that you will get the permission, most importantly it will take at least 3 weeks.

In Toronto Air Port: Be relaxed once you are in Pearson Air Port every thing will go very smoothly that I can assure you because of their good systematic procedures. The first person you will meet is the immigration officer who will approach with you a big hello. Tell him you are a new immigrant and come for landing. He/She will check your Visa and may be will ask you how much fund you are carrying then you will redirect to a big room where Immigration Officer will check your Landing paper. Here the immigration officer will may ask you again about your fund. In this counter it will take a little time to get back your landing paper, later you will be guided to another 2 counters where you will get a kit with lots of resources. After this place you will go to the belt where your luggages are available. Collect your luggage, here with CAD 2 you can take a cart and porter also available if you like you can call them but you have to pay them. After collect your luggages move to the customs where you have to hand over your goods lists accompanying and goods to follow list. Don't carry any unwanted goods which will delay here (Check details on CIC web for more details which you should carry and which are not).
Lots of people prepared B4 form earlier in my case I just prepared 2 printed goods lists (Excel sheet) which accompanying with me, and in front of Customs officer I just written on that B4 form the title (Goods Accompanying) of my goods list, and under that line written “the list attached”. After stamped one copy returned to me by custom officer and said ok folks welcome to Canada and have good life. It's taken around 40 minutes to finish all procedure.

Short Stay:
I suggest every one before come book the hotel/motel/rest houses other wise you will be in deep trouble. If you think after land you will search a place for short stay it is never sensible. I stayed in Studio 6 Britannia Road, Mississauga.

I already finish the SIN card process, bank account matter, and today I fax my address for PR card receive which I was not provided in air port.

My plan is to do a course in my area to get the Canadian qualification.

Regards,
SReja

Congrats my friend!!! My best!!!

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Jet Airways?
O my god , Horrible Horrible Airlines with no inflight entertainment. Bad low quality foods and see their record in Dhaka: in the Bush of Zia Airport.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/image-gallery/international-image-gallery/jet-airways-boeing-737-800-seen-standing-runway-zia-intern

idas

Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
DONE :-)
Thanks a lot SReja for the nice walk through.

++