+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raindrop73 said:
Secondly, about where I got this picture from, I would like to tell you that I spent 1 ½ year in Canada and I know , in person, many PhD holders who used to work as University professors back home, and I saw how bad they were suffering. I do NOT mean that EVERY blue collar worker is suffering, but most of them.
And here you say that most blue collar workers are suffering. I don't know where you come up with this stuff. I am a blue collar worker, I have worked with many blue collar workers and I tell you that we are not suffering, nobody is mistreating us, we make decent money, we do this work by choice. What do you have to say to that? You think I am lying?

C

cchabert

Leon, Rupe..,Flori, BcGuy Why waist your time with Raindrop? It's obvious what his position is, let it be, he's young with out responsibilities as he mention, some day he may want to come and we will welcome him and show him how "wrong things" are in Canada and not because we read them, because we live them. In the mean time one more visa for a person who really wants to immigrate with out questioning, a person who really make things happened in another country and don;t blame others if things are not good.

Peace!

Raindrop73

Nov 29, 2008
Ok Mr cchabert,

Here is another example of people who really don't know how to read, or maybe they are lazy to read. In the worst, they have difficulities in understanding.

From where, your majesty, you come up with the , smart conclusion, that I am ‘young' AND with no responsibilities' ..
Ohhhhh.

If your eyes are in good condition, I think you should clearly came across that I am with a family, and from my nickname you can estimate that 73 is my year of birth = 36 years! (Hard to calculate, is not it!)

When, on earth, did I blame others! ( I think only in your amazing brain)

I only blames the system over there ..the government..

By the way Mr smart,

I lived in Canada once, and I know what Iam talking about! If you never been there, then you are the one who takes his conclusions from what he reads, not me.

Ohhhh
Who am I talking to!
It is just a waste of time..please read carefully, ..If you can read!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
Leon, Rupe..,Flori, BcGuy Why waist your time with Raindrop? It's obvious what his position is, let it be, he's young with out responsibilities as he mention, some day he may want to come and we will welcome him and show him how "wrong things" are in Canada and not because we read them, because we live them. In the mean time one more visa for a person who really wants to immigrate with out questioning, a person who really make things happened in another country and don;t blame others if things are not good.

Peace!
Yes, surely he is immature and willing to admit it or not, he clearly thinks it's beneath him or other "educated" people to take a blue collar job. Like I've said before, I hope for his sake he doesn't find himself in the position of ever having to change careers because he seems to take his self worth entirely from his occupation :)

sue

Apr 21, 2007
This post is very silly as you both have a situation where you should just agree with each other but life in the UK is not a bed of roses and neith er is it in Canada, life in both countries depends on what you want out of it and what you are willing to put in (not for it to be put on a a plate) I have spent 40 years in the and have seen it become run down with all the oppotunites taken by immigrants that should be in there country making there home land a better place to live .

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I am so suprised after reading all your arguements. For the Love of God, why should there be an arguement over someone withdrawing an application ? I don't get it.

Also, didn't some of us on this forum talk about Self Pride ? If someone is a PHD holder and doesn't want to think he or she will one day be a cab driver or a plumber, so be it. But the question i ask is, when somepone has a PHD or MASTER etc, is it written on him? or does he need to anounce to the world that he has that Qualification? If someone, thinks money is not very important, but qualification is, good for the person.Let him or her eat his/her PHD and keep his/her

Oh!,NB, if one is too choosy, get your PHD anywhere and go back to your Country of origin, you will have a good job there and even help your citizens you will be given a red carpet reception , everybody will honor you, don't try to settle in someone else's country whether it is Canada, USA, Austraillia Britain or not where they will look down upon you with your qualifications. PERIOD !!!!!!!

Good luck to all of you

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chinaconnection said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I am so suprised after reading all your arguements. For the Love of God, why should there be an arguement over someone withdrawing an application ? I don't get it.

Also, didn't some of us on this forum talk about Self Pride ? If someone is a PHD holder and doesn't want to think he or she will one day be a cab driver or a plumber, so be it. But the question i ask is, when somepone has a PHD or MASTER etc, is it written on him? or does he need to anounce to the world that he has that Qualification? If someone, thinks money is not very important, but qualification is, good for the person.Let him or her eat his/her PHD and keep his/her

Oh!,NB, if one is too choosy, get your PHD anywhere and go back to your Country of origin, you will have a good job there and even help your citizens you will be given a red carpet reception , everybody will honor you, don't try to settle in someone else's country whether it is Canada, USA, Austraillia Britain or not where they will look down upon you with your qualifications. PERIOD !!!!!!!

Good luck to all of you
Hi,

I was also surprised while reading the post. In the beginning post started with some other subject and at the end it took the other way. Chinaconnection has rightly expressed my views on the post. If somebody does not want to immigrate to Canada he/she should not discuss anything here in this forum about his willingness or whatsoever. Let there be healthy, informative and positive discussions.

Peace....

Raindrop73

Nov 29, 2008
Leon,

Yes, surely he is immature and willing to admit it or not, he clearly thinks it's beneath him or other "educated" people to take a blue collar job. Like I've said before, I hope for his sake he doesn't find himself in the position of ever having to change careers because he seems to take his self worth entirely from his occupation :)

Thank you so much for revealing your true quality!

Now , and after accusing me for things I NEVER SAID about my friends who works an the damn riinbow collar job, and I after I asked you for the 100000000 time to stop accusing me such a FALSE accusations,...you add another one...by saying that I am INMMATURE !!

THANK YOU FOR SHOWING TO EVERYONE HERE WHO THE INMMATURE, ME OR YOU IS!

Honestly, I think that you have a mental problem. Here are my reasons for saying this:

1- I came here to this forum JUST to say goodbye and to say that I want to withdrew my application, no more and no less,...then a discussion took place, which is a normal thing, and one thing led to another...and you started to accuse me of LOOKING DOWN ON PEOPLE !!!!!

2- I kept repeating that I never said that, and I used to to work for the BLUE COLLAR JOBS, nad I have nothing whatsoever against them....and asked you to stop accusing me for things that only can be found in you brain...what happened next..

3- You kept repeating the same stupid accusations, and you add more comments that you and many other educated immigrants did WILLINGFULY CHOOSE to leave their own accupations and take the blue collar jobs, ..then...

4- I asked you TO BE HONEST and to answer me whether it happened that you choose to leave your occupation WILLINGFULY FROM THE FIRST DAY IN CANADA or just because:
A: You could not find a job in your area ;
b: No one accepted to hire you in your field

Then, what I got....NO ANSWER but a brand new accusation that I am immature !!

Thank you Mr smart

All in all, It is not my aim to make people not to go to Canada or even to the MOON....It was just a discussion. many people here involved in it with a manner of respect...It is only you who keep singing the silly and childish song of LOOKING DOWN ON PEOPLE...

All in all, no place is heaven, and I am not marketing any place as a heaven...

Leon,

You remind me of a good saying:

It is better to stay silent and make people doubt that you are foolish, than speak and remove all doubts.

Hoping you understand this, Mr mature!

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sue said:
This post is very silly as you both have a situation where you should just agree with each other but life in the UK is not a bed of roses and neith er is it in Canada, life in both countries depends on what you want out of it and what you are willing to put in (not for it to be put on a a plate) I have spent 40 years in the and have seen it become run down with all the oppotunites taken by immigrants that should be in there country making there home land a better place to live .
With all due respect, I beg to differ. Nothing and nothing at all should warrant this type of statements on an IMMIGRATION FORUM.(In red statement).

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for someone with a PhD... i just thought his grammar and spelling could be a wee bit better...just my two cents before they decide to delete this thread. (soon i hope) lol

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's nothing to Laugh about. English is one of the numerous languages you have on earth. What if Raindrop is not English?
I personally think this thread should be deleted. I also think alot of people have not been fair to RAINDROP73 > as most of them have misunderstood and misinterpreted his words. For Gods Sake, where is that "FREEDOM OF SPEECH, OPINION, VIEW"?

Canada is not meant for people who are not TOLERANT.

Raindrop73

Nov 29, 2008
traintocanada,

You are just an (.....)! I think you can work as train, and let people ride you, I am sure you will make alot of money.

First, I am not English speacker..I am just a student trying to learn from this life.
Secondly, I don not have time to use the spelling check in the Microsoft word....Thoughts what matters not words! You (....)

Dear BobbyB,

Thank you for your understanding and for defending me. And please do not waste your time trying to talk to dead men! ... Traintocanada is just an example of someone with no rational judgement, but with a penny-worth brain..

If Canada may welcome many of such this so called- train to hell, then I think I made the right decision to stop thinking of going there..

All the best BobbyB, my friend.

Raindrop73

Nov 29, 2008
Chinaconnection said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Good luck to all of you
Chinaconnection

Well done. I agree with what you said, but I think you missed the point of the whole discussion!

It is not about the PhD or other qualifications, OR blue, green, red, jobs...it was just a discussion about the SYSTEM there and the minister announcment regarding the cut in numbers of immigrants,... then someone SMART here start accusing me for looking down on people!

I NEVER SAID THIS,,,any sensible person, WHO CAN READ my posts will see clearly my point.

IF you remmember one of my very earlier posts in this forum, I clearly mentioned that ' I will be more than happy to shovel snow in Canada if that helps to improve my children's future'

so, after this someone still accusing me for damn STUPID things I never said..

All in all, to answer you question about why this people like to make an argument about withdrawing my application...the answer is very simple:

Some people can not accept someone to judge or show a FAILURE in the Canadian system...this is a normal..becasue it may affect the internal perception regarding the place which they are dreaming of.

All the best my friend.

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
Trina, I think your comment was totally out of place.
Bob, I don't think most of his words where misunderstood or misinterpreted since at one point at the beginning we all agree he made the right choice by not moving due to his circumstances. And he was sometimes demeaning towards blue collar jobs in north america when in reality those jobs are sometimes very, very, very, very well paid with people making as much as $150 dollars an hour, and extremely necessary as any other job and even more, they are fun sometimes. Of course that is not the case in 3rd world countries.
He also made a strong effort on advertasing how Canada is not a good place to move and I think sometimes we wasn't being objective.
Raindrop, I sincerely say, I think you may the right decision, cause you only know whats best for you.
I was gonna elaborate more on the subject but I don't think its worth it.
I do think I said something I shouldn't have, when I wrote raindrop should reconsider moving since they where needing health professionals, I was being sarcastic (I didn't even know his profession) and my comment had no point, I sincerely apologize.
I do think too this tread should be deleted as most part of it was pointless discussions.

I, however would save this:

I totally agree with the first bit. Regarding the last sentence, I strongly recommend you to read the following link:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080618/health_canadians_080618/20080618/?hub=Canada

Read this article in wkipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_and_American_health_care_systems_compared

And the fact that people who's moving should analize their lives and the place they are going to very good before making a decision so important like moving to another country whether is Canada, USA, UK or any other place. Cause some of thos places would most likely posses an impediment to start working in their profession for a short, medium or even a long period of time.
Canada is one of those places, with many regulations on many professions, and with cracks on the system. Its also true that NOT ALL the professions are regulated and you could start working very soon. Analize the job market, the housing, the weather, your willingness to work in a different area and to even, make less money that what you were expecting.
Also, have a back up plan, don't put all your eggs in one basket, if you are risking too much, don't do it, or think it very carefully.
Anyone would like to add some advice to the subject?.