+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed waiting for PR Card

karkwi

Jul 8, 2015
Hello :)

Date Landed :10 November 2015
Province :AB
Status of PR Card : still waiting

Immigration Officer told me that I must waiting 90 days for PR Card! Why date which he told me is diffrent than date on web ?

harrycan

Star Member
May 21, 2015
karkwi said:
Hello :)

Date Landed :10 November 2015
Province :AB
Status of PR Card : still waiting

Immigration Officer told me that I must waiting 90 days for PR Card! Why date which he told me is diffrent than date on web ?
Congarts karkwi. :)
Can u plz share ur experience at border because m also from alberta waiting for PPR request....
Like which border did you go? Just want to see how they deal with you? I asked sanjh as well but he didn't reply yet.. So thats y m asking again..

Thanks nd congrats once again...

karkwi

Jul 8, 2015
harrycan said:
Congarts karkwi. :)
Can u plz share ur experience at border because m also from alberta waiting for PPR request....
Like which border did you go? Just want to see how they deal with you? I asked sanjh as well but he didn't reply yet.. So thats y m asking again..

Thanks nd congrats once again...
I was in Cutts. I thought to go to Carway but I read bad information about this border crossing. When I called to CIC they told me - I can wait 6-8 weeks or I can go to border and he told me it will be better if I go to Cutts because in Carway they don't have immigration office.
First I went to USA border and I told offices "I want to come back to Canada". He took our passports and he told us that we go to office and wait.
He give us a paper, because we don't have a USA visa - so we went to Canada :) Immigration officer in Canada was very kind and he congratulated us :) He asked us about question which you have on your CoPR - do you have a criminal? and any children :)

harrycan

Star Member
May 21, 2015
karkwi said:
I was in Cutts. I thought to go to Carway but I read bad information about this border crossing. When I called to CIC they told me - I can wait 6-8 weeks or I can go to border and he told me it will be better if I go to Cutts because in Carway they don't have immigration office.
First I went to USA border and I told offices "I want to come back to Canada". He took our passports and he told us that we go to office and wait.
He give us a paper, because we don't have a USA visa - so we went to Canada :) Immigration officer in Canada was very kind and he congratulated us :) He asked us about question which you have on your CoPR - do you have a criminal? and any children :)
Ok.. Thanks for ur valuable information...

Congrats once again.. Enjoy your PR 8) ;)

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Nope. And the online estimate didn't update this week either. If it still says 45 days on Monday I'll be giving them a call.

etikala

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Landed on sep 16 2015 , 60 days now no sign of pr card yet called cic saying it in process from last 10 days , I don't know when I will get my card , any one got there card recently .

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dammit, I got an agent that didn't care. :mad:

It was like getting blood from a stone from her. The first thing she said after she asked my landing date is that there are currently mailing delays and I should get my card sometime around mid December. I had to ask her to take my UCI so that she would actually check my file, which she reluctantly did. She verified all my details (address is correct, etc etc) and then told me that my card application was not yet in process.

I also asked her if the application status would show up on ECAS, and she said the reason it's not there is because processing hasn't started. Then I asked if it will show up once they do start processing - she said yes, but I very much got the impression that she just wanted to get me off the phone.

So in summary, despite the 45 days having passed since I landed, my card is not in process. There are mailing delays which apparently add another 3-4 weeks on to the card delivery time.

I'm going to wait until the online estimate updates again, which I can only assume will increase. Then when I pass that date again, I will call again.

Good luck to everyone else with this too! Please call up and see if you can get any other information from them! We need to pool our resources and crack through CIC's secrecy! 8)

Chanchis

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys!
I´m happy to be part of this group now :) :)
At the same time I´ve realized that PR card is taking more time that it should.
Here is my information.... Landed at Carway, AB border on Thursday Nov. 12th 2015.
I´m having a trip to my country on Dec.06th, coming back on March 02nd. If my PR Card come before end of my trip, my landlord is going to sent to my country by express post international envelope. If it doesn´t I´m planning to present my CoPR letter at the border, since I´m from a country visa exempt, according to my research, it shouldn´t be any problem.
Always something to wait for... now journey start for PR Card.
Good luck to all of you my friends, keep posting your news. ;)

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
New update to estimated time: 50 days.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

fflorenc

Aug 8, 2015
Quink said:
Dammit, I got an agent that didn't care. :mad:

It was like getting blood from a stone from her. The first thing she said after she asked my landing date is that there are currently mailing delays and I should get my card sometime around mid December. I had to ask her to take my UCI so that she would actually check my file, which she reluctantly did. She verified all my details (address is correct, etc etc) and then told me that my card application was not yet in process.

I also asked her if the application status would show up on ECAS, and she said the reason it's not there is because processing hasn't started. Then I asked if it will show up once they do start processing - she said yes, but I very much got the impression that she just wanted to get me off the phone.

So in summary, despite the 45 days having passed since I landed, my card is not in process. There are mailing delays which apparently add another 3-4 weeks on to the card delivery time.

I'm going to wait until the online estimate updates again, which I can only assume will increase. Then when I pass that date again, I will call again.

Good luck to everyone else with this too! Please call up and see if you can get any other information from them! We need to pool our resources and crack through CIC's secrecy! 8)

Awww =((( I guess the refugee thing might have slowed down everything else .-. well at least we know we alrdy got our PR :D just cant leave the country without hassle yet :'(
But yea, my border agent did mention it takes around 90 days to get the card too

Rick73

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
IP-28-08-2015, DM-18-09-2015
Quink said:
New update to estimated time: 50 days.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp
Hey Quink,

Did you receive your PR Card ?

I checked the website and the processing time has now gone up to 52 days.

Did anyone else receive their PR card ?

Regards,

Rick

Mikmik

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Hi everyone! Can you guys tell me how long does the travel document (visa) application takes. I'm planning to apply for my trip on January. I guess I'm not getting my PR card before I leave the country. Help please.
Thank you in advance.

brabus

Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Hi...I landed on 24 September 2015..still waiting for my PR card..I've heard that CIC redesigned PR card..this may explain why they are behind the schedule.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Mikmik said:
Hi everyone! Can you guys tell me how long does the travel document (visa) application takes. I'm planning to apply for my trip on January. I guess I'm not getting my PR card before I leave the country. Help please.
Thank you in advance.
Can you apply for the travel document from inside canada?