+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed on June 29th 2015 -- PR Card Still Waiting

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
I've done my landing on June 29th 2015 i.e Monday and still today I'm waiting for my PR card ..

It's more than a couple of months.

As per the CIC offical site "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp" they mentioned its 77 days but I heard few people got in months times Is that true?

please share your experience if anyone is in my same situation.

Thanks

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry about it.

I'd count 77 days, add a week, then contact CIC if you still have heard anything.

What's the status in ECAS?

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
Don't worry about it.

I'd count 77 days, add a week, then contact CIC if you still have heard anything.

What's the status in ECAS?

ECAS over all status is Complete

with following lines

We received your application for permanent residence on March 6, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 11, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
You entered Canada at the Edmonton International Airport office on June 29, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.

problem is I'm going to INDIA on October 17th if I wont get my PR card before this date I think I need to apply travel document after going there.. Dealing with CIC it takes months I'm bit worried about this.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In that case, send a case specific enquiry to CIC, including details (& proof) of your trip to India, and ask for a progress report on your card*.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

OR, arrange for a friend to courier the card to you in India once it arrives. OR postpone India trip until you receive your card.

* NB: a first PR card application is not eligible for urgent processing, but such an enquiry will do no harm.

Otherwise, yes, you'll need to apply for a PRTD in India, but this is not a complicated process in your case, as you can easily meet the RO.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
In that case, send a case specific enquiry to CIC, including details (& proof) of your trip to India, and ask for a progress report on your card*.

OR, arrange for a friend to courier the card to you in India once it arrives. OR postpone India trip until you receive your card.

* NB: a first PR card application is not eligible for urgent processing, but such an enquiry will do no harm.

Otherwise, yes, you'll need to apply for a PRTD in India, but this is not a complicated process in your case, as you can easily meet the RO.
Thanks for the reponse..

main reason for posting here i finding persons who did landing in june last week so that I can check my progress with them.

Mohareb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
I am in a similar Situation but I have landed on July 2015 so I did not complete 84 days as per CIC website.

I was wondering if there is a website where we can track the status of the initial PR card. I need to know once CIC mails it to me.

I have Similar Message on my ECAS. Should I expect them to add any lines once the PR is sent.

Lammawitch said:

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Hi. I got landed status on June 8th and finally PR card came in the mail 4th of September. I read somewhere that processing time is now 84 days. So you just might get your PR card before your trip. Though it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and make inquiries.

Please does anyone have an idea how long it would take for a landed dependent(child under 21 years of age) of a permanent resident to get PR card/status? Is this something that is acquired as soon as the dependent enters into Canada or will take additional time?
Thanks for your help

jdn

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
Dear All , is there any problem if we travel back to India after getting PR card.

We landed in Canada on July 1st and applied for Pr, cctb , health card and all formalities but did not receive any of the documents till now . We need to make an urgent planning for going back to India for atleast 40 days . Will there be any problem if stay 40 days outside canada after getting PR. Will our long stay outside canada affect health card formalities?

Thanks in advance ,
Jdn.

OntarioBound

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2014
AOR Received.
7-3-2015 (SA-13-3-2015)
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 4-6-2015 or earlier
LANDED..........
8-7-2015
There is a thread I read a few days ago on Family Sponsorship Forum of this site saying it is taking about 100 days now. I would probably just wait my 100 days or so. (I landed on July 7th.)

Here, I found it for you... :)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-card-not-yet-arrived-t348064.0.html

rorita13

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-11-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITh APP.
File Transfer...
18-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2015 /Passports received 21-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
Hii
I landed 3rd week of june and i just received my PR cards today :) , it is taking around 80 to 90 days.
Dont worry and good luck :)

Rorita

krishna19 said:
Guys,
I've done my landing on June 29th 2015 i.e Monday and still today I'm waiting for my PR card ..

It's more than a couple of months.

As per the CIC offical site "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp" they mentioned its 77 days but I heard few people got in months times Is that true?

please share your experience if anyone is in my same situation.

Thanks

OntarioBound

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2014
AOR Received.
7-3-2015 (SA-13-3-2015)
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 4-6-2015 or earlier
LANDED..........
8-7-2015
I gotta take back what I said. I think PR card processing time varies greatly depending upon what, I don't know.

I just got mine today - It took only 71 days. I landed at Lewiston-Queenston bridge in NY if that makes any difference...

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Hello Forumites,

I need some clarifications about landing procedure as a newcomer.

I am heading to Halifax via Toronto (YYZ Airport) and it appears i will have to do my landing formalities in Toronto.

- What comes first, do i need to do the landing formalities first or pick my luggage first?

- If i have to do the landing formalities first, where will i be able to locate my luggage?

-After, the landing process, how do i get my luggage checked into the connecting flight to Halifax?

- Assuming i miss my connecting flight, can i always buy ticket at the airport?

Thank you