+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oloye is correct. All your children are going to school. They are all above the age of 6.

What you will need is someone to drop them off and another to pick them up. You may be able to work around the schedule with your husband (if your employers agree). I mean, one works 7-3pm and another works 9-5 pm. So the first picks up the kids from school and the other drops off the kids at school. The other scenerio is one works morning and the other works evening. Legally, by the age of 12, the older one will not need a babysitter or someone to stay at home with him or her. I know someone who was paying 25 per day for one child between 3years and 5years. Normally, the older the child, the cheaper.

I dont think you need a live in caregiver. If your children were between 2 and 6 years, then I would have recommended it. Based on the age of your children, its tooo expensive and they wont do too much.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Thanks dear it further confirms Oloye's advise. I guess this arrangement works well during the school period but during the holidays one has to work out another arrangement but thanks all the same.

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
tinuadeadebola said:
Thanks dear it further confirms Oloye's advise. I guess this arrangement works well during the school period but during the holidays one has to work out another arrangement but thanks all the same.
And during the holidays, you could register the kids for summer camps/latchkey/daycares, there are lots of various ones and you would have to select the one that matches your needs in terms of timing, location, length, age of kids etc

For some of them, the cost is geared to your family income, and you might just have to pay a little bit for the service. It comes to weighing the income you would otherwise have forgone against the direct cost paying for the childcare.

Also depending on your religious affinity, some well established churches(maybe other faiths too) organise subsidised camps for the kids with licensed carers volunteering their services during the summer.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Thanks Oceana for your response. How are you doing? and how are the kids doing trust all is well with you and yours. We are fine here and praying and hoping for a better nation.

Have a wonderful week ahead. Cheers

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
tinuadeadebola said:
Thanks Oceana for your response. How are you doing? and how are the kids doing trust all is well with you and yours. We are fine here and praying and hoping for a better nation.

Have a wonderful week ahead. Cheers
You are very welcome. I'm doing very well, thanks. The boys are good, they adjusted rather quickly than i expected, and they're doing very well in school, considering they're in a French school. Good to know you're fine too.

Are you done with the ACCA now? IFRS has been a big thing in Canada, with companies navigating the transition from GAAP to IFRS. Hopefully you wont have to wait too long before you get your PR.

Regards

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
Hi All my Naija People,

Pls is there anybody that landed in Quebec or Montreal in the house. Kindly share experience as per language issues. Are challenges for those that have little or no french skills in getting jobs, accomodation, school for children.

And any other .

Regards
Fiirm

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fiirm said:
Hi All my Naija People,

Pls is there anybody that landed in Quebec or Montreal in the house. Kindly share experience as per language issues. Are challenges for those that have little or no french skills in getting jobs, accomodation, school for children.

And any other .

Regards
Fiirm
Fiirm,
Language is very important in foreign land. coping in school or work place will definitely be difficult if you cannot speak the language. So also is landing in Quebec or Montreal without sound language knowledge. I a competitive work environment, employer will not go for someone without good command of the language in that town and also employer will not embark on teaching you or pampering you when you have speaking, listening, hearing and reading difficulty. (The more essence of IELTS)

You can learn the language if that is where you want to land. There are govt programs that take care of second language for new immigrant and with all seriousness you should be able to conclude this within 6 months. As per school, you can always get one or two schools that operate on English language curriculum as we have schools with french curriculum too in English speaking area.

As per accommodation, language can never be a barrier in this field. The major language in accommodation is "rent"-Money. Once you credit the account of your landlord with your upfront monthly payment, you are good.

Oloye

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Well said Egbon Oloye, trust all is well with the family? Accra is yet to paper screen us pre June 2010 oh so we are still waiting. We hope that they will even issue us MR before the year runs out.

Meanwhile all the landed seniors; Tito, Barsindo, Seglad, iii, Dreamteam, RN, Ify and others too numerous to mention i greet you all oh my regards to you all and may Canada favor you and yours by God's grace amen.

Cheers

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Oga Oloye, I greet u sir my landed Snr. I salute u all.
Pls some ideas from u all. I will be landing in less than 10 weeks from now, I don't want to liquidate my investment here in 9ja while my investment is running can I just bring 5kCND along to show as POF @ POE am coming alone hope it won't cause issues? Will be staying with my blood sister.
Thank u
Dan

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dan,
The stipulated amount in CIC website should be amount that you have to hold. But there are other legitimate ways that you can go about this that are not meant for this open forum.

I will send PM to you just check your inbox.

Oloye.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lnd_dan said:
Oga Oloye, I greet u sir my landed Snr. I salute u all.
Pls some ideas from u all. I will be landing in less than 10 weeks from now, I don't want to liquidate my investment here in 9ja while my investment is running can I just bring 5kCND along to show as POF @ POE am coming alone hope it won't cause issues? Will be staying with my blood sister.
Thank u
Dan
Are you coming alone as Principal applicant that family will follow later or as a single principal applicant? This will determine if your 5k will help halfway or not atall.

Oloye

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
Please when coming here, get a document from your Insurance company that you have insured your cars with no issues for at least 8years and get a 40% reduction in your monthly payments. At least i know of ICBC here in BC

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Thank u Oloye, am coming as single.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ Francomaj,
welcome done oga...... i av decided to bring the discussion here for ease of referencing since u already are landed.
ok, as per the language school aw long can one stay and from what u av seen aw long does it take for pple to start picking up.....
2) as per the CSQ, is there a replacement for it when it expires cos.it expires in 3years after issuance.....
3) also the CSQ is somehow large, are we supposed to go about with it..... or something more portable will be issued when landed.....
let me stop here b4 other questions go roll..... thanks....... VIVE le Montreal