+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

Francomaj

Aug 1, 2011
Re: (No subject)

egrace62 said:
merci monsieur.si tout va comme planifié, j'ai l'intention d'atterrir le 4 octobre by God's grace...... thanks for making out time.....
SVP, combien sont la valeur de bourse d'études? i am also looking at the possibility of enrolling in a 9moths program immediately i land.... will i still be qualified for the bursary this way? thanks
Hi Egrace,

The bursary amounts for the French immersion course are a bit on the low side. You should be looking at about $400 - $500 per month. The Immigratiom ministry pays this. However, if you enrolled in say a refresher course in a college or either a BSc, MSc or a Phd in a University, and applied for the Quebec Students loan and bursary (which is administered by an arm of the Ministry of Education, AND NOT the Immigration ministry), you`ll get a higher amount of money. The amount payable is subject to your personal circumstances, e.g. income declared for the previous fiscal year (probably not applicable to you since you earned that income in your home country), marital status, number of children etc. You`d find more information on the Quebec Financial Aid website: http://www.afe.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.asp

I must also add that you will be properly briefed by the Immigration ministry when you `land`. I can see from your profile that you've done your medicals, which means that you should, hopefully, get your PPR soon. I`ll get back to you via your inbox on some tips that you might find useful as you prepare to relocate.

Cheers

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Francomaj said:
Hi Egrace,

The bursary amounts for the French immersion course are a bit on the low side. You should be looking at about $400 - $500 per month. The Immigratiom ministry pays this. However, if you enrolled in say a refresher course in a college or either a BSc, MSc or a Phd in a University, and applied for the Quebec Students loan and bursary (which is administered by an arm of the Ministry of Education, AND NOT the Immigration ministry), you`ll get a higher amount of money. The amount payable is subject to your personal circumstances, e.g. income declared for the previous fiscal year (probably not applicable to you since you earned that income in your home country), marital status, number of children etc. You`d find more information on the Quebec Financial Aid website: http://www.afe.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.asp.oh thanks for bringing this up, it had skipped my mind.... since i av no income in the last fiscal year, that implies that i wont qualify for this bursary within say 6-8months so that i can build up an income base right?

I must also add that you will be properly briefed by the Immigration ministry when you `land`. I can see from your profile that you've done your medicals, which means that you should, hopefully, get your PPR soon yeah, i am eagerly waiting for d PPR call. I`ll get back to you via your inbox on some tips that you might find useful as you prepare to relocate. Merci beacoup monsieur.... je vous attends monsieur

Cheers

Francomaj

Aug 1, 2011

Egrace,

I think you still qualify regardless of whether or not you've worked and paid taxes in Canada. The website would tell you all you need to know about it anyways.

Cheers

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

abehola said:
Egrace,

What does this your signature mean o......

Canada FSW Stream = LIFO - Last In First Out!
Oga mi, aw else does one explains the fact that the older an application is on the FSW stream, the lesser the priority such files get. :eek:..... there are several batches some staying up to 6years and still waiting meanyl the minstre comes up every year to announce list of new courses that are eligible for priority processing....thereby pushing the ones they had received the previous year which they are unable to finalized into the backlog.... cos new ones will come up by july 1st.... but with the recent 500cap... i think they are close to getting it right sha

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Dear great 9ja bros n sisters,
Pls I plan landing very very soon and would like to clear this following questions:
1. I just renewed my driving licence have been driving for 9yrs now, what will need inorder to be allow to drive when I arrive.
2. I applied for an admission some 3yrs ago to U of Manitoba I got d admission but no study visa now I got my PR do I need to get a fresh transcript to same school U of M where I wish to study for my MSC? Or would the school still have a copy?
3.What is the prospect for Lawyers in canada I read Economics with 6yrs banking exp. If I change field to Law is there prospect in that area?
Thank you for answering my questions. God bless.
Dan

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

Francomaj said:
@ Egrace,

If I may ask, do you have family in Quebec or elsewhere in Canada?

Cheers
Nope..... je n'ai pas aucune personne la bas :eek: monsiuer......
i knw that will b one of the challenges sha.... but with God ce sera bien......
am still awaiting ur mail sir...... i still av more questions o but i just want to give some time b4 i come up with more again..... aucune chose pour moi?

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ind_dan: If it was 3 years ago you applied to U manitoba, they will probably require another transcript. Most definately. I would suggest you get new ones. Also, I would strongly advice that you bring at least 3 more transcript with you when you are coming. It is often a challenge getting transcripts and documents when one is in Canada. There is a possibility that you may want to apply for an external scholarship and they may need you to produce your undergraduate transcript again. Also, to confirm, speak to U manitoba and ask them but I would still strongly advice that you get 3 transcript in a sealed envelope with a university stamp on the flap (do not open the envelope so it is still considered official).

The prospect for lawyers is good. I am not sure if you are planning to get into law school in canada - this may be the challenge

You should make sure that the date on the drivers license is at least 2 years old. This way, you will be exempt from the steps of the driving experience. I mean, make sure the new license shows that you have been driving for 9 years. All you need is the drivers license- Nigerian drivers license, not the international license.

Hope this helps.

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
@RN thanks I appreciate. What is d challenge in getting into Canadian Law school being a PR.
I will have to visit my University for D transcript

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
@ Francomaj,
which area do u think in ur own opinion will b the best location for me to get an accommodation in montreal....... cos truth is i can say i will av to wait till i get a job b4 getting an accommodation.... so which area do u think will be good such that even if i get job anywhere in montreal i wont av problem commuting bteween my place and work place....

2) also as per the french stipends, does registring full time automatically qualifies one for it or it will be done based on ones performance at the monthly test? thanks

Francomaj

Aug 1, 2011
egrace62 said:
@ Francomaj,
which area do u think in ur own opinion will b the best location for me to get an accommodation in montreal....... cos truth is i can say i will av to wait till i get a job b4 getting an accommodation.... so which area do u think will be good such that even if i get job anywhere in montreal i wont av problem commuting bteween my place and work place....

2) also as per the french stipends, does registring full time automatically qualifies one for it or it will be done based on ones performance at the monthly test? thanks
Egrace,
1. I would hold off looking for accommodation at this stage. This is for no reason other than the fact that rental agreements are normally long term (for 12 months). I reckon that you wont like to get stuck with a 12-month rental agreement on arrival when you're not sure how soon you'll get a job and where! I stayed in short-term accommodation for about 2 months before I found a job. I then, of course, thereafter looked for an apartment close to my place of work. I'll recommend this course of action. By and large, what I'll say to you is: don't worry much about it for now; we could look into it together when the time comes.

2. You'll get your bursary once your course begins. It is NOT tied to performance on the course.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will need to have significant volunteer experience that relates to law. You will also need to have good grades, an A average. It is often difficult for people coming from Nigeria to have this type of average. It is possible though, especially if you first go for a 2 year masters degree in Canada, then enter into law.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ Francomaj, thnks merci beacoup pour votr bonne conseil., vous étes tres gentil. Encore une fois, je vous dis merci.

2) d'accord what's d tax regime like? QST et al. Is their tax d highest in canada?

Francomaj

Aug 1, 2011

egrace62 said:
@ Francomaj, thnks merci beacoup pour votr bonne conseil., vous étes tres gentil. Encore une fois, je vous dis merci.

2) d'accord what's d tax regime like? QST et al. Is their tax d highest in canada?
I don't believe so. It's almost at par with what obtains in other provinces.

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012

Francomaj said:
I don't believe so. It's almost at par with what obtains in other provinces.
@ Francomaj,

Pls what is the effect of joining a professional body on getting a job in quebec, like to join Canadian Risk Management (CRM), Institute of credit or any professional body.
Does this help wave a situation where you need to present canadian certificate.